The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent Humanities Firmers and Insurers 2013

Hey Guys!

I don't know if there is already a thread for this but I couldn't seem to find one for the arts and humanities subjects.

I've just insured Kent for history, anyone else firmed or insured Kent for anything?

Just thought we could chat and get to know each other before September :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey

Yeah i have a firm offer to do History and Philosophy of Art.

It would be get to know someone before i go :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by adam_gilo
Hey

Yeah i have a firm offer to do History and Philosophy of Art.

It would be get to know someone before i go :smile:

Hey :biggrin:

That sounds really cool, I've not heard of anyone with that combination.

I totally agree, that way we won't be totally alone! Haha. Have you applied for accommodation? :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah it's a pretty random combination :smile: aha.

Exactly it's good to know you have other people you can talk to when you rock up haha :L. Yeah i applied last week :biggrin: it's pretty exciting stuff. Have you?
Reply 4
Yeah it's a pretty random combination :smile: aha.

Exactly it's good to know you have other people you can talk to when you rock up haha :L. Yeah i applied last week :biggrin: it's pretty exciting stuff. Have you?

It may be random but it sounds really interesting, and will be awesome to do :smile:

Yeah definitely! It would be nice to know at least a few people who are doing a similar course when we start in September. Haha Especially when I dont know anyone else who has applied to Kent, let alone for history. :smile: It is! Im nervous and excited, It will be quite a change being almost 5 hours away from home! haha.

And me, where have you applied? If you dont mind me asking :biggrin:
Hey!
I have firmed Kent for History aswell, thats a great idea to start to get to know a few people haha!
Its exciting but kinda scary at the same time! :smile:
Reply 6
Firmed Kent for English & America Lit and Religion :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by IndecisiveMikey
Hey!
I have firmed Kent for History aswell, thats a great idea to start to get to know a few people haha!
Its exciting but kinda scary at the same time! :smile:

That's awesome, another historian! haha. Yeah I just thought it would be nice to know a few people on your course before Spetember :smile: Aha have you applied for your accommodation yet? :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Add!ction
Firmed Kent for English & America Lit and Religion :smile:

That sounds awesome :smile: I've never heard of anyone with that combination, sounds like it would be really interesting combining those subjects :smile: Have you applied for your accommodation yet? :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by lozthemidget
That sounds awesome :smile: I've never heard of anyone with that combination, sounds like it would be really interesting combining those subjects :smile: Have you applied for your accommodation yet? :biggrin:

Yeah, I went for Tyler Court A as my top choice, really hoping I get it. How about you?
That's awesome, another historian! haha. Yeah I just thought it would be nice to know a few people on your course before Spetember :smile: Aha have you applied for your accommodation yet? :biggrin:

Yea i chose Darwin College as my first choice (small) and hopefully i get that haha! What about you?
Reply 11
It may be random but it sounds really interesting, and will be awesome to do :smile:

Yeah definitely! It would be nice to know at least a few people who are doing a similar course when we start in September. Haha Especially when I dont know anyone else who has applied to Kent, let alone for history. :smile: It is! Im nervous and excited, It will be quite a change being almost 5 hours away from home! haha.

And me, where have you applied? If you dont mind me asking :biggrin:

i applied for parkwood, it looks pretty fun round there :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Add!ction
Yeah, I went for Tyler Court A as my top choice, really hoping I get it. How about you?

Thats awesome :smile: I've gone for Keynes but Tyler Court was my second choice, I liked that one too :biggrin: Where have you put as your insurance choice?
Reply 13
Original post by IndecisiveMikey
Yea i chose Darwin College as my first choice (small) and hopefully i get that haha! What about you?

Thats awesome :smile: Is that one catered? I remember looking at that one and liking it :biggrin: I put Keynes as my first choice, I think that one was my favourite :smile:
Reply 14
i applied for parkwood, it looks pretty fun round there :smile:

Oh awesome :biggrin: I put that as one of my back up choices, I liked the little houses and how it looked like its own village :biggrin: aha
Thats awesome :smile: I've gone for Keynes but Tyler Court was my second choice, I liked that one too :biggrin: Where have you put as your insurance choice?

I've gone for Darwin and Parkwood :smile:
Thats awesome :smile: Is that one catered? I remember looking at that one and liking it :biggrin: I put Keynes as my first choice, I think that one was my favourite :smile:

Na it's self catered, so better get my cooking skills up to scratch! I wasn't sure about the on-campus club though

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Firm (and only) for History! :biggrin: any one else think it was really scary to actually reply on UCAS? :tongue:

Definitely a cool idea for a thread!

People who have applied for accommodation:
1. Can you only apply for Parkwood or the colleges? I really can't remember
2. On the website is says something about £150 fee, is this when you confirm your accommodation when you get your place or did anyone have to pay while applying? I have probably just misread or not read a line of information about this but... :biggrin: :colondollar:
Reply 18
Original post by HistoryGal
Firm (and only) for History! :biggrin: any one else think it was really scary to actually reply on UCAS? :tongue:

Definitely a cool idea for a thread!

People who have applied for accommodation:
1. Can you only apply for Parkwood or the colleges? I really can't remember
2. On the website is says something about £150 fee, is this when you confirm your accommodation when you get your place or did anyone have to pay while applying? I have probably just misread or not read a line of information about this but... :biggrin: :colondollar:

I thought it was really scary! Its such a big decision, I sat staring at the reply screen for about 2 hours before I actually clicked confirm :P

I dont know if you've done your accommodation by now, but you can apply to four different accommodations so I have some of the colleges and Parkwood saved in my choices.

I think thats once you've got your grades, been accepted and are going there. I've not had to pay anything yet I just think its when are going there you have to put down a deposit or something :smile:
I thought it was really scary! Its such a big decision, I sat staring at the reply screen for about 2 hours before I actually clicked confirm :P

I dont know if you've done your accommodation by now, but you can apply to four different accommodations so I have some of the colleges and Parkwood saved in my choices.

I think thats once you've got your grades, been accepted and are going there. I've not had to pay anything yet I just think its when are going there you have to put down a deposit or something :smile:

Thank you! Yea I need to actually make my accommodation choice... xD What have you applied for in Parkwood?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending