The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Champagne Supernova
Hmm, yeah I see that. Maybe more realistically is someone like Diame, from West Ham? :holmes:

I can't say I've watched enough of West Ham to make a fair judgement on the lad. If his goal scoring record improves a little bit though, I don't see why not.
Gotze to Bayern Munich for £32 million, thoughts? A quality player imo.
You guys should sign Fellani.
Original post by Zerforax
You guys should sign Fellani.

Fellani is an enigma to me.

He completely bosses the midfield when he's up for it, but in other games he can just disappear entirely (which for a guy his size is hard to do!). Of course, I think Fergie can get more out of him than Moyes, but I just don't know if he's got it in him to become consistently good enough.

Saying that, that's no better or worse than our wings atm.
Gundogan > Strootman > Bender > Cabaye > Fellaini > Wanyama
Original post by mikeyd85
Fellani is an enigma to me.

He completely bosses the midfield when he's up for it, but in other games he can just disappear entirely (which for a guy his size is hard to do!). Of course, I think Fergie can get more out of him than Moyes, but I just don't know if he's got it in him to become consistently good enough.

Saying that, that's no better or worse than our wings atm.

I think the tactics that Everton play can sometimes affect Fellani. If they play more direct and Felleni is playing deeper, he'll get bypassed more.

I think he could form a good partnership with Carrick next to him.
Original post by Tommyjw

Lars or Sven or both? I would say currently Lars>Sven but a couple of years ago the other way round.
Original post by samiz20891
Lars or Sven or both? I would say currently Lars>Sven but a couple of years ago the other way round.

I was thinking Sven but thats only because i've watched a lot less of Lars, but he is quite highly rated from what i hear so either will do ;D

Or get both, and never release the first name of the player we are playing, and the opponents will have no idea ;O

I think Gundogan won't be buyable now, Dortmund wont want to sell more key players let alone if they would have anyway. Strootman is most likely.

If Scholes, Anderson + Fletcher all go we may need another too.
Original post by Tommyjw

Matic? heard good things about him and rumours a while back we were set to sign him...
Original post by SciFiRory
Matic? heard good things about him and rumours a while back we were set to sign him...

Only listed players i've watched enough to comment on tbh. No idea what level Matic is currently at or could be at.
Original post by Tommyjw
Only listed players i've watched enough to comment on tbh. No idea what level Matic is currently at or could be at.

fair enough, according to Wiki he's only 24 and his stats for this season with Benfica are decent enough, I definitely think a fairly young player who is more defensive minded as a CM would be ideal.

think we should be realistic though, Sir Alex doesn't sign big name overpriced players that often so I expect it to be a less well known name most likely. can't see us spending more than £20m on one either.
So long as the midfield issue is addressed this summer I don't mind. I think we have just about done everything possible other than get a CM, it surely has to happen this summer :tongue:
I was working outdoors last night, in Ardwick.

I could hear the celebrations from the stadium after the first goal had gone in.

20 PL titles. And counting...
I really do think that the perfect improvement to our midfield is Modric. It is the most logical sighing I could think of. Imagine carrick and modric in midfield. Mobile Modric in front of carrick and both have excellent passing capabilities. I also think we should sighn modric because of his age, He is at his peak at 27 years old-this also has the advantage is that this allows up and coming man utd academy and under-21 midfielders to come up through the ranks, by the time they do so-modric and carrick are nearly retiring.

It just makes the most sense out of all the midfielder. Just imagine this with kagawa in front-flare like no other team in the world. I really do hope we sign Modric. If we don't then Thaigo aclentara is best one out there in terms of potential.

Imagine:
--------------- Van persie-----------
----------------Kagawa-------------------
-------------Modric----Carrick-----------

O myy....

If you want a DM, on top of modric-I think we should get a cheaper sighing (just as a squad player when the dm is really needed) like diame (has got cheap release clause).

But, if you want both a more all rounder type of midfielder-then jordy clasie is your man.

I think these options are the best options to go about the central midfield area. Other areas of the pitch-you need a whole different post to talk about.

On another note, the celebrations after the title at flippin 6AM!!!!
man-u_1715794a.jpg

Jones still makes those faces where ever he goes! Also the person who is facinf away from the camera (with a leather jacket) and smalling is looking at is KAGAWA-lol
What a game, what a shock by Bayern- expected them to get a good result but not by that margin! Is the Barcelona dynasty over, and are we witnessing the rise of a new era of Bayern dominance? Can't see us competing with them this year tbh as much as I hate to say it, need a world-class midfielder and just a general pick up of form for our wingers next year, coupled with the arrival of Wilf and maybe, just maybe we can attain the level of Europe's elite. What do you guys think we were lacking in Europe this year, even though I know we were HIGHLY unlucky vs Madrid? Thoughts?
Reply 2975
Original post by cheetahs56
What a game, what a shock by Bayern- expected them to get a good result but not by that margin! Is the Barcelona dynasty over, and are we witnessing the rise of a new era of Bayern dominance? Can't see us competing with them this year tbh as much as I hate to say it, need a world-class midfielder and just a general pick up of form for our wingers next year, coupled with the arrival of Wilf and maybe, just maybe we can attain the level of Europe's elite. What do you guys think we were lacking in Europe this year, even though I know we were HIGHLY unlucky vs Madrid? Thoughts?

So now we'll be losing to Bayern in Champions League finals instead of Barca.

Still, nice to see a change Barca were annoying me they were dominating for too long
Original post by Saf94
So now we'll be losing to Bayern in Champions League finals instead of Barca.

Still, nice to see a change Barca were annoying me they were dominating for too long

Did you notice how the players lost their head in the final few minutes? Shows how sore losers they are, everyone praises their humility but even Iniesta was chopping people at the end of the game.

And I think if we add to our squad we can beat Bayern, we have a equally good attack, and a good defence as Boateng and Dante are not as good as Rio/Jones and Vidic. It's just midfield where they shade it, Schweinsteiger and Martinez are better than Carrick and Cleverley, but apart from that we're pretty much even.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2977
Did you notice how the players lost their head in the final few minutes? Shows how sore losers they are, everyone praises their humility but even Iniesta was chopping people at the end of the game.

And I think if we add to our squad we can beat Bayern, we have a equally good attack, and a good defence as Boateng and Dante are not as good as Rio/Jones and Vidic. It's just midfield where they shade it, Schweinsteiger and Martinez are better than Carrick and Cleverley, but apart from that we're pretty much even.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't think we are even close to them haha. Even with reinforcements I think they'd still beat us, they just beat Barca 4-0 bloody hell we couldn't even beat Barca. I think they have this incredible pace and power and efficiency they could steamroller any team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2978

Posted from TSR Mobile

Their wingers are much better....
Did anybody else see this? This is funny, got to be the tweet of the season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest