The Student Room Group

Updates to Forum Designs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Motorbiker
It's useful as i often have a lot more than 10 and this way i can see instantly.

I currently have 11423 watched threads. I don't care. If they get new replies, I reads em.
When I post why is the text centred in the middle of each post. What's the point of that? I'd much rather when you posted the text starts at the left margin. (I posted this in the objection thread but I thought I'd post it here too.)
The "show" button for the spoilers now cuts off the bottom of the word. It didn't used to. I like the obvious way to know that you've subbed a thread now but hate the new font. I'd rather have the old default avatars back and want an option to go to first unread post in a thread at the top (we used to have that right?). Has the report post button moved? I like it there either way. Is there a report thread button? I seem to remember there used to be one but I'm not sure. The social media buttons aren't really needed at the top and bottom. I know this wasn't just added but I still think it's relevant now. The neg post button stands out much more than the pos rep. Perhaps change the colours slightly?
Original post by curtis871
The "show" button for the spoilers now cuts off the bottom of the word. It didn't used to. I like the obvious way to know that you've subbed a thread now but hate the new font. I'd rather have the old default avatars back and want an option to go to first unread post in a thread at the top (we used to have that right?). Has the report post button moved? I like it there either way. Is there a report thread button? I seem to remember there used to be one but I'm not sure. The social media buttons aren't really needed at the top and bottom. I know this wasn't just added but I still think it's relevant now. The neg post button stands out much more than the pos rep. Perhaps change the colours slightly?

To report a thread you just report the first post - that is the way it has always been. As far as I know the report post button hasn't moved. The neg and pos images issue has been pointed out, and RK (I think - certainly one of the admins) said it would be looked into :smile:
Reply 304
I think the new design is too bright, it's blinding (at night anyway) :cool:
I think it was nice to try and revamp the whole style of the site.
However, I think the changes make the forum seem more appealing to younger children, the soft edges of the boxes and the bright colours remind me of children's products to be honest.
I think the buttons are too large and too bright.
I think the spoiler button is too large and looks odd, the old one was nicer and more subtle.
I think the font looks a bit narrow.
I think the gender symbols look a bit childish, and slightly immature, I mean the bubblyness of them. It reminds me of bubblegum people.
The reputation bars looked more attractive before, with the shininess.
The pos and neg rep buttons are nice, however, the neg button is far too noticeable in comparison to the pos making it look like everyone has 1 neg.
I do like the quote thing, the blue box, etc is nice.
I do think the little splodge fellas are cute :3

Dislike the bright orange soo much, it makes it look like Cbbc vommed everywhere
People are always resilient to change - lets not forget the new facebook design.
I don't like the thumbs up/down colouring though - it's not clear and bright if someone has been negged
Original post by Alex-Torres
People are always resilient to change - lets not forget the new facebook design.

We haven't forgotten it. I still hate it. I hated the tsr update before this one. Now I'm doubly-pissed because it's tried the functionality of the webstite as well as making it look like a website for politically minded 7 year olds
new font.jpg

All the i's look like l's. L don't llke lt.

Edit: I don't know how to make the picture bigger. -_-
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Piko_Piko
new font.jpg

All the i's look like l's. L don't llke lt.

Edit: I don't know how to make the picture bigger. -_-

If people click on it, you can view it full size.
Original post by Alex-Torres

Firstly, you mean 'resistant', not 'resilient', they're complete opposites. Secondly, there have been plenty of thoroughly intellectual assessments of the new design and genuine views, don't be so closed minded and discount them because you disagree.
Original post by tooambitious
Not sure if it's just me, but I'm only my phone (iPhone 4s) and I can't touch to show spoilers. It just doesn't work. It's bloody irritating; spoilers are half the fun :unimpressed:

This :sadnod:
Reply 314
So here's my two pence...

The orange is too much and all too big. Colour coordination wise, this is a fail... I feel like I'm on a site for kids with these oversized functions...

I like the new spoiler design, really nice but again too big... And it's really difficult to read thread titles as they currently are :sigh:

P.s. I still cannot customise my sig when on the mobile app for Android :emo:
Original post by ipoop
P.s. I still cannot customise my sig when on the mobile app for Android :emo:
The app and this design update are separate issues - you wouldn't expect the behaviour of the app to change for this. Hopefully a fix is still in the works to fix some of the issues with the app. :smile:
I actually don't mind it, I think we can get used to it. One thing I do have a gripe about is the contrast between the orange buttons and the bright blue background, it strains my eyes a little when I read what's on the buttons but it's no big deal :smile:
I'm sorry but none of us mods can answer that. We don't get a say in what gets changed or not :nah:

Atm I'm dimming my screen brightness to compensate, maybe that'll help you too? :hugs:
Unfortunately that's not something that I'm able to answer. Development updates and design changes are implemented soley by the community team (those with red usernames) and certain other TSR staff (those with green usernames). The mod team are invited to comment on proposals in the same way that other members are, but don't have any decision-making power over this sort of thing. I believe that the community team are noting all of the feedback received, which includes major concerns about the site's accessibility for some people following the changes, but I really can't say what, if any, further changes they may choose to implement in light of feedback.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful. :o:
Reply 319
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I'm sorry but none of us mods can answer that. We don't get a say in what gets changed or not :nah:

Atm I'm dimming my screen brightness to compensate, maybe that'll help you too? :hugs:

Chrosson wrote a script a while back that'll let you dim the brightness of TSR (along with some other really cool features): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2062836&page=4&p=41362180#post41362180

:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending