The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ipoop
Maybe because football isn't all that after all :holmes: or, Barça were truly thrashed so really it's nothing to get upset over... It's not like they played well either... :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It could be the fact I'm drifting away from Soccer more and more or that i saw it coming miles away with our defensive situation.
Reply 1301
^knows the correct term is soccer :smile:

Hey guys, been so busy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1302
Original post by Malevolent
It could be the fact I'm drifting away from Soccer more and more or that i saw it coming miles away with our defensive situation.

I'm in the same tbh... right now I watch the games because I want to see what will happen.. the passion is not as strong as it was before... Any other sport and I might have lost interest all together by now :smile:
Original post by ZRO

Hey guys, been so busy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's football :pierre: As in you kick it - the ball - with your foot :colonhash:
Reply 1303
Posts in chat now count :holmes: Spamming is now cereal buzinesz :holmes:
Reply 1304
^^Sigh I can't even argue with that logic haha!
Oh are they going to fix the post counts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop
I'm in the same tbh... right now I watch the games because I want to see what will happen.. the passion is not as strong as it was before... Any other sport and I might have lost interest all together by now :smile:

It's football :pierre: As in you kick it - the ball - with your foot :colonhash:

Meh i dunno i just find it tough going to Barcelona games now and i don't exactly want to spend money when im not keen on forking out that much. I have my NFL and NBA and college sport to keep me happy.
Original post by ZRO

Hey guys, been so busy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Soccer yes!!!
^ refers to association football as 'soccer'
^doesn't change his avvy because if he does, it won't be big anymore :sly:
Mmm good times. I dunno why im not so upset about this Barcelona result...

Recently my mindset has changed regarding football. I don't get awfully upset if we lose or go out of a cup because this is football. You get good times and not so good times.
Not gonna lie, if Chelsea don't come in the top 4 this season , it will hurt :frown:
^ is going to lose control of this thread soon :tongue:

Original post by This Honest
Recently my mindset has changed regarding football. I don't get awfully upset if we lose or go out of a cup because this is football. You get good times and not so good times.
Not gonna lie, if Chelsea don't come in the top 4 this season , it will hurt :frown:

I don't either now. We had a wonderful run from 2009-11. Every dynasty has got to end somewhere or start to slow. At least I have my Miami Heat to make me happy :h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ipoop

prsom :toofunny:
Original post by boumavilla
Ikr! :biggrin:

I remember when I first got it, and he was with Ron in the Burrow, and he spoke for like the first time ever... :zomg:

The picture below shows the best game ever on Harry Potter! :tongue:
Nostalgia much...

http://www.twwn.net/Gaming%20Pictures/ps1-2picture.jpg

Too bad there was never a third ps1 title - and the developers are now defunct.
At least we have the memories :moon:
^ thinks memories are like onions because they have layers and make you cry
fun fact of the day: every time you remember something the memory becomes distorted and less accurate to the actual event, so a memory you havent thought about much is likely to be more accurate than one you think about all the time :fyi:
Reply 1315
Original post by This Honest

^ is going to lose control of this thread soon :tongue:

I don't either now. We had a wonderful run from 2009-11. Every dynasty has got to end somewhere or start to slow. At least I have my Miami Heat to make me happy :h:

You two should be able to answer this...

Why, do fans of sports teams always say "We won" or "we lost" why they "we"? I understand the passion and the fact that we pay their wages but in truth, we aren't part if the team :holmes: we have a stake but we aren't really effective on the pitch :holmes: I've always struggled saying "we won" and actually mean it :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop

Why, do fans of sports teams always say "We won" or "we lost" why they "we"? I understand the passion and the fact that we pay their wages but in truth, we aren't part if the team :holmes: we have a stake but we aren't really effective on the pitch :holmes: I've always struggled saying "we won" and actually mean it :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno just to feel close to the club or team haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1317
For example tennis; I go to watch the GOAT play and I cheer him on, as does all his fans. When he wins, no one proclaims it to be their win... No matter how hard they've cheered, they don't claim to have helped him win in any way :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop
For example tennis; I go to watch the GOAT play and I cheer him on, as does all his fans. When he wins, no one proclaims it to be their win... No matter how hard they've cheered, they don't claim to have helped him win in any way :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good point no idea why but I just do anyway. I've spent quite a bit on watching the team I like and buying merchandise so guess its just a thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it's because football is a team game the outcome of the game depends on more than 1 person. In tennis, the player is riding solo.

Latest