The Student Room Group

How to become a chartered accountant with ICEAW?

So basically I'm coming to the end of my A levels and am hopefully going to study this degree http://www.uclan.ac.uk/information/courses/ba_accounting_finance.php

I want to become a chartered accountant with ICEAW. So I will have the opportunity to complete the CFAB qualification in addition to the degree. I understand I will have to obtain the ACA qualifiaction after my degree, please correct me if I am wrong. I was just wondering how long the ACA takes to complete?
Original post by ArsenalWenger
So basically I'm coming to the end of my A levels and am hopefully going to study this degree http://www.uclan.ac.uk/information/courses/ba_accounting_finance.php

I want to become a chartered accountant with ICEAW. So I will have the opportunity to complete the CFAB qualification in addition to the degree. I understand I will have to obtain the ACA qualifiaction after my degree, please correct me if I am wrong. I was just wondering how long the ACA takes to complete?

You will need to get a training contract to qualify as an ACA which are usually 3 years!
Stuff Uni, get yourself on an apprenticeship. My apprenticeship will last 4 1/2 years (I think). Instead of three years at Uni and two years doing ACA, i'm doing three years of AAT and two years of ACA (I think, anyway). The benefit is i'll be getting experience and being paid for the apprenticeship. Win win in my opinion.
Original post by Runninground
Stuff Uni, get yourself on an apprenticeship. My apprenticeship will last 4 1/2 years (I think). Instead of three years at Uni and two years doing ACA, i'm doing three years of AAT and two years of ACA (I think, anyway). The benefit is i'll be getting experience and being paid for the apprenticeship. Win win in my opinion.

Any advice to getting on to a aat apprenticeship?
Original post by gunner4life95
Any advice to getting on to a aat apprenticeship?

Not really, it's just like getting a normal job. Show you have an interest in the field of work and that its worth their while training you.
Not really, it's just like getting a normal job. Show you have an interest in the field of work and that its worth their while training you.

Just another quick question if you don't mind me asking is what was the requirement of your aat and when did you gain it before starting it,thanks in advance.
(edited 10 years ago)
Just another quick question if you don't mind me asking is what was the requirement of your aat and when did you gain it before starting it,thanks in advance.

Can you rephrase that? :confused: Do you mean UCAS points?
Can you rephrase that? :confused: Do you mean UCAS points?

Yh I mean requirements in terms of ucas or gcse's.
Yh I mean requirements in terms of ucas or gcse's.

The only entry requirement I had was to pass two small tests and do an interview. The firm I am with recruit from the local college, so they don't ask for entry requirements, they just ask for references.
The only entry requirement I had was to pass two small tests and do an interview. The firm I am with recruit from the local college, so they don't ask for entry requirements, they just ask for references.

ok thanks for the info mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending