The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

Do people still watch this show? It's not something I look forward to every week (or whenever it comes on) anymore tbh :frown:

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch it, but it's not the same anymore :dontknow:
Reply 1001
I watch it because I have to not because I want to :yep:
After so many seasons i just have to know who the mother is i can't just give up when its so close :frown:
Reply 1003
:woohoo: Just found out next season is going to be the end of this show. Late to the party I know but, dgaf about HIMYM anymore tbh.
Original post by 419
:woohoo: Just found out next season is going to be the end of this show. Late to the party I know but, dgaf about HIMYM anymore tbh.

Really? i might start watching again then :holmes:
Reply 1005
Original post by Tokyoround
Really? i might start watching again then :holmes:

Don't bother, it's still terrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mess.
don't bother, it's still terrible.

posted from tsr mobile

we must know who the mother is though mess! After so many seasons and teases this is all we have to look forward to.
Reply 1007
Original post by Malevolent
After so many seasons i just have to know who the mother is i can't just give up when its so close :frown:

Pretty much this! I think there's only 3 episodes to go so I really hope we find out at the end of this season and don't have to suffer through another one.

Saying that, there have been a few flashes of old good himym in this series. It's just a shame it's mostly terrible and filler episodes that don't really have a point.
Yeah the only reason i'll go back to watching is just to finally know who the mother is. They cockteased us with the yellow umbrella etc. I just wish they had told us back when the show was still good.
Original post by Oziris
Pretty much this! I think there's only 3 episodes to go so I really hope we find out at the end of this season and don't have to suffer through another one.

Saying that, there have been a few flashes of old good himym in this series. It's just a shame it's mostly terrible and filler episodes that don't really have a point.

A few episodes but too many poor ones this season.

I still wish it was Victoria. Ted you idiot it should have been VICTORIA!
Reply 1010
Original post by Oziris

Mother won't be revealed until next season.
Reply 1011
A few episodes but too many poor ones this season.

I still wish it was Victoria. Ted you idiot it should have been VICTORIA!

I thought it might have been at first, it would make sense for her to take economics to help out with her cake business. To be fair though I'm not too bothered because she got a little annoying (like nearly everyone else) this season.

Original post by 419
Mother won't be revealed until next season.

I have a horrible feeling you may be right, they will say he saw her for the first time in the last episode then there'll be lots more episodes between them actually meeting properly.
Original post by Oziris
I thought it might have been at first, it would make sense for her to take economics to help out with her cake business. To be fair though I'm not too bothered because she got a little annoying (like nearly everyone else) this season.

I have a horrible feeling you may be right, they will say he saw her for the first time in the last episode then there'll be lots more episodes between them actually meeting properly.

Victoria should have been the one. She was the one. It was annoying but Robin was the problem. I don't like Robin anymore. I just hope when we do find out about the mother it won't just be like bam heres your mother done.
Reply 1013
Victoria should have been the one. She was the one. It was annoying but Robin was the problem. I don't like Robin anymore. I just hope when we do find out about the mother it won't just be like bam heres your mother done.

She was the best one out of all the girls Ted has dated and seemed to be the one which was most likely to be the mother, they should have just got on with it at the beginning of this season then just built on their relationship but I guess it would have been difficult to say "and that's how I met your mother 4 years ago and could have saved you all of the story inbetween"

I don't mind Robin, her and Barney are the only 2 tolerable main characters which is a shame because they used to all have their good points...except Lilly.
Original post by Oziris
She was the best one out of all the girls Ted has dated and seemed to be the one which was most likely to be the mother, they should have just got on with it at the beginning of this season then just built on their relationship but I guess it would have been difficult to say "and that's how I met your mother 4 years ago and could have saved you all of the story inbetween"

I don't mind Robin, her and Barney are the only 2 tolerable main characters which is a shame because they used to all have their good points...except Lilly.

Yeah it would have been odd to say oh yeah just ended up with Victoria all the other crap that happened isn't really relevant :laugh:

Could you imagine if it turned out Ted was like Bisexual and that there is no mother :tongue:
I think people are too harsh, by the standards of season 1-4 (some of the best sitcom on TV ever) it's poor but compared to everything else it's still pretty good.

I think the show needs to go back to Ted more often. I've not liked Robin since she had a haircut in season 5 (even hotter in the final Andromeda episode), Lily has gone flat and they need to let Jason Segal have a crack at the script because his character has just become some childish type. Barney is still a god and Ted is still cool.

I loved Victoria in season 1 but the last season she was poorly written (none of that enthusiasm and energy). I do agree though, she should have been the one.
(edited 10 years ago)
That was a very weird episode.
Interesting episode, good twist.
Who caught the Leon references?
Reply 1019
Last two episodes have been actually very decent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending