The Student Room Group

Books you want made into films/TV series....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NafK3
The Fault in Our Stars
Before I go to Sleep
13 Reasons Why
The Airhead Series
Noughts and Crosses Series
*Any book by Sarah Dessen

Before I Go to Sleep is being made into a film in 2014, starring Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth - I would have put this one down too. It'll either be true to the book and be really good or it will be really bad. Excited anyway though - I read this book in a day because I literally couldn't put it down :smile:
Reply 41
Possibly some of Ali Cronin's other books (she wrote Skins, which has been and still is very popular)
Reply 42
Leviathon series by Scott Westerfeld would be very interesting, it's a nice steampunk style, as long as they cast the two main characters properly I think it would be good.
Reply 43
Original post by ChocolateMelody
Before I Go to Sleep is being made into a film in 2014, starring Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth - I would have put this one down too. It'll either be true to the book and be really good or it will be really bad. Excited anyway though - I read this book in a day because I literally couldn't put it down :smile:

I know I just found out. And I agree, i'm also excited but with such great actors I hold high expectations!
Check these out:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2297224/Nicole-Kidman-bare-faced-sullen-set-new-movie.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2308525/You-want-onions-Nicole-Kidman-stops-burger-van-filming-Before-I-Go-To-Sleep.html
Reply 44
I wouldn't mind seeing the Seeker, Jango and Noman books being turned into movies. Not because they were good books (I didn't really enjoy them much) but because I thought they had interesting concepts and ideas about God. I would like to see the way the director takes it through.
Reply 45
The Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer

I've read some of those books 5 times and I'd always have them out on loan whilst I was at school. It really got me into reading a kid.
Original post by Americandream
Omg that would be so great! There are so many of them though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they'd have to make them reallyyyyyyy fast :biggrin: or get someone who looks really young playing James
Reply 47
Original post by Deshi
I've read a few of them. I think it'd make a much better tv show. There are a lot of characters and they could be fleshed out properly on a tv show, wouldn't be enough time if it was a film. The books are also pretty fast paced and action packed so they could easily keep every episode fairly exciting.

Very true. 'Gone - the TV show' - I can see it now. It would be so gripping and the characters could be developed so well. :biggrin:
Reply 48
Are you afraid of the dark

Won't win many awards but would make a decent sunday night movie

I laugh at the daily mail sometimes - 'barefaced' Nicole Kidman having her makeup put on....
So excited for this movie - hope it stays true to the book. :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by ChocolateMelody
I laugh at the daily mail sometimes - 'barefaced' Nicole Kidman having her makeup put on....
So excited for this movie - hope it stays true to the book. :smile:

Totally agree! They exagerate things way too much and that statement was contradictory!
Me too! It's one of the few books I have read before the movie has even been made so I am really excited.
You should check The Fault in Our Stars out- AMAZING!
Original post by mysterd
The Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer

I've read some of those books 5 times and I'd always have them out on loan whilst I was at school. It really got me into reading a kid.

I second this. But only if it was done well and/or accurately. There's nothing worse than a film adaptation that misses out minor characters and plot lines
Reply 52
Original post by priya8D
Michael Grant's 'Gone' series would be quite something. There's rumours that they are planning on making a movie :woo:

I love the 'Gone' books but that would one really disturbing film if they made it :curious:
Skullduggery Pleasant.

Also please finish the Series of Unfortunate Events films (no chance i know they all grew up) but come on :cry2:

"Gone" Would be awesome as a film.
The uglies book series! I know they're quite old now and aimed at a young audience, but the idea of the stories was pretty good
Original post by grassgrazers01
The Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman :smile:

I've been saying this for years.
Reply 56
Anthony Horowitz - The Power of 5 Series :biggrin:
Reply 57
I think the most tragic thing about books and films is that "The Golden Compass" was not successful enough to warrant the entire Dark Materials trilogy being produced. Only book I cried at the end of reading. (lol 14)

I always thought that Conn Igguldens, "Gates of Rome" or "Wolf of the Plains" series would make absolutely great TV shows/Films, especially after the HBO adaptation of Rome.
Original post by Cnuofesd
I think the most tragic thing about books and films is that "The Golden Compass" was not successful enough to warrant the entire Dark Materials trilogy being produced. Only book I cried at the end of reading. (lol 14)

They shouldn't have changed the name when they made it into a film imo. But it is a real shame they didn't make the others into films

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deshi
So, which books have you guys read that you'd like to see on the big screen?

I'm currently reading through Jo Nesbø's detective novels featuring Harry Hole. They would make a good TV series IMO (probably been done already, in Norwegian).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending