The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
and WOOOHHOOOOO!!!! :woo::woo::woo::woo: Study leave is officially in session, no more school for six weeks. Good riddance. :banana2: :dancing:

Mine's not for a month - but you start in August so :P
My mom wants to make sure I am not spoiled and that I am productive with my life.

Where do you get the money from then, or does she budget you?
Doesn't help that I live in a major oil hub either... (so expensive):mad:

(City) - just the fact it's a city does it.
Original post by Olympiad
I don't recall ever revising ICT :/

Using the TSR app ~ Smile, you are amazing!

It was for a controlled assessment :smile: We can only do it in class
Reply 5962
Original post by Bluffroom
Well London is London - expected to be expensive. Not a clue.

Like I said - when not in a city things are a lot cheaper - but pay scales. Why do you have to pay for food?

But it's too expensive! I don't have the sort of money to pay for that, and neither do my parents! I didn't think anyone would know, basically the zones are different parts of the London train and underground system, and there are different prices for travelling inbetween zones, and it's even more expensive going from a non-zone place to somewhere in a zone. Six the outermost zone by the way.
Original post by Vionar
But it's too expensive! I don't have the sort of money to pay for that, and neither do my parents! I didn't think anyone would know, basically the zones are different parts of the London train and underground system, and there are different prices for travelling inbetween zones, and it's even more expensive going from a non-zone place to somewhere in a zone. Six the outermost zone by the way.

Ah fair enough, well that sucks then :/

Where do you get the money from then, or does she budget you?

Bit of both, I have to become her slave and wash everything, iron everything and basically have no life on saturdays because of all the work. I get it from making graphics for companies, web design and trading.
that's ridiculously unfair :< We aren't even close to well off. I have to now pay for 6th form buses which is ridiculous too! It's like £650 a year!

*coughs* £800 a year for college bus
Original post by Vionar
Surrey, and just outside greater London :frown: I'm not even in zone six (does anyone actually know what I'm talking about with zones?)

I think so. The rail/underground lines?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My income is £3 a week from grandparents for jobs etc. But I don't have to pay rent food etc. And I have no social life so I Hardly spend it

Posted from TSR Mobile
What business? Your parents'?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MattFletcher
My income is £3 a week from grandparents for jobs etc. But I don't have to pay rent food etc. And I have no social life so I Hardly spend it

Posted from TSR Mobile

For real?

Why don't you get a weekend job somewhere, you'll earn at least that an hour.
Reply 5969
Ah fair enough, well that sucks then :/

I'm just hoping I can get them to pay for it somehow, and they are the closest colleges, so I can't exactly just go somewhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, an explanation's above if you really want to know more!
and WOOOHHOOOOO!!!! :woo::woo::woo::woo: Study leave is officially in session, no more school for six weeks. Good riddance. :banana2: :dancing:

My exam starts when my study leave starts. :frown:
See, that's where i'm hoping for financial aid. Mom lives off of rental income which is low enough to get near-full aid. The properties aren't valued that high so total assests are proportionate to the income.

What kind of start-up? A tech/web one or a more traditional business? Also, what colleges (Unis for you UK folk) would you like to go to in the states?
Original post by PriyaPaul
My exam starts when my study leave starts. :frown:

That's interesting, so you don't have any exams while on study leave? Our exams are spread out over six weeks so we don't have to go to school within that space of time - i.e. our study leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1500 followers, shut up
For real?

Why don't you get a weekend job somewhere, you'll earn at least that an hour.

I'm going to try after exams, and I do some jobs on a sunday, it's not like massive labour or anything
Original post by Bude8
1500 followers, shut up

:teehee: I don't hang out with ALL of them (bar a lot at the football)
Told you I was more of a long term guy. On the investment simulator I was down by ~$3,500, now i'm out of the red and have made $5,000 in gains from just leaving my positions open.
So casual, as if Stanford and MIT don't have 6.6% and 8.9% acceptance rates receptively.
We could be co-founders :biggrin:! I am also thinking about starting one and I know some basic programming and web development already.
This thread is pretty quiet today. This just shows how much of a social life I have, meh.
Bit of both, I have to become her slave and wash everything, iron everything and basically have no life on saturdays because of all the work. I get it from making graphics for companies, web design and trading.

Fair enough, I do my own cleaning and washing etc and we are allocated work when my mother is irate on a weekend and wants to throw around power.
Oh nice - how did you go about getting a job like that?
I was offered a few months ago money to make something for someone on TSR in a PM and I was like - no, I have mountains of coursework but ty (which i did at the time)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still - you live in a city! Everything is more though but yeah i guess it's worse for you still. It's just a bit of a shock for people when your bus doubles in price as we swapped bus companies and the new owner is a ****

I am the same for any personal expenses such as my pc, phone, public transport as in going to see friends - but that makes sense.

I wish i could play the stock market - jealous :sigh:
Original post by Vionar
I'm just hoping I can get them to pay for it somehow, and they are the closest colleges, so I can't exactly just go somewhere else.

Yeah, an explanation's above if you really want to know more!

if they are catchment area they should be free/subsidised?

You would need a LOT of money to go to Stanford! Unlike the rest it's not need-blind.

I want to apply to Harvard, Chicago, Princeton, Amherst and a few others.

Latest