The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Champagne Supernova
True, he is a natural CAM, but I'm sure I've seen him in a CM role. It was definitely more of a daydream choice rather than anything practical mind :wink:

-----

The Suarez ban will surely cement RvP as the golden boot winner, which is excellent! Unless Gareth Bale goes on a mental spree..

If anything, Van Persie will be the one to go on a mental spree.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

A Van Per-spree? :w00t:
Original post by IanDangerously
A Van Per-spree? :w00t:

http://www.badum-tish.com/
Original post by Saf94
Oh yeah whoops, I just saw Suarez, RVP and Bale I didn't see you wrote Golden Boot. I've been revising a lot and I'm tired forgive me

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's alright, I know the feeling! :sadnod:

Especially in our next game :flute:
Reply 3004
I don't think this years team was that good to be honest but I think next years team will be vintage with the correct signings of course in the summer. think about it.. this season has matured some of our players who will be key next season.. De Gea, Rafael and Jones, in attack we have no problems best in the league ....defense in the second half of the season has been immense with great depth. This season has shown the weakness in our team.. The midfield and wingers.. with the right signings the team has plenty of promise for years to come
(edited 11 years ago)
Ok. This the line up I think we may see next season and has the potential to win the treble

-------------- Van persie------------------

----------------Kagawa------------

------Bale---------Modric-----------Valencia

-----------------Carrick----------------------

Evra------------Vidic-----Jones-------Rafeal

I mean Imagine Carrick and Modric partnership-omg-potentially the best in europe (Imagine if we bought Modric like 2 years ago, we would of won everything in terms of trophys available) with their passing abilities and quick play and mobility-sensational. On top of that Modric will link up with Bale and Kagawa-I need to stop right there before I get a sensation you know where! Also Van Persie at the final third!-omg

Also having the two most beast centre backs in the world playing together. Jones will only get better and rafeal. If only Vidic and Jones where both 21 :rolleyes:

Ok. I think the total that would be spent would be around £75 million. I also think if we take this risk in money spent-similar to the risk of Van persie signing, this will only do good. I mean look at this team. It can dominate for 4-5 years (with our subs bench too).

I know people say we need a powerful midfielder that is a DM. But why? Why do we have to spend so much money on a DM that has little to know effect in our attacking play. I think Sir alex wants a midfielder that keeps the ball, has awareness, has an 'attacking mindset' but also contributes to the defence. However DM are useful at times when we are against a more stronger/attacking team or need to keep our lead etc and act defensively.

I think the least risky player that is a DM, that is strong and authoritarian, has premier league experience, is relatively young and is cheap compared to £35 million price tags mentioned is Diame from West ham. He has a cheap release clause of around 6 mill I think. What is the harm in that? Fergie spent on Bebe and obarton around 8 million each.

In conclusion we should bring , Bale for our left wing, Modric for our centre midfield and Diame as a squad player when needed to be used in difficult situations. Simple.

I really hope Fergie sees this post. It is the most sensible one out there after seeing so many posts that are unbelievably idiotic.

Anyone agree?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU

Anyone agree?

No. Rooney.
Reply 3007
Think its fair to say the chances of you signing both Bale and Modric is pretty incredibly low. Bale alone would cost an absolute fortune, no chance Spurs will sell him at fair value. Modric admittedly might be possible, depends if Jose leaves, and if he does who comes in and whether they have time for Modric.
As much as i want Bale, Rodriguez etc, combine a new top class winger with the way our team is with RvP, Kagawa, Rooney especially it's rather impossible to fit one in tbh. Norwich is the perfect example of how Rooney + kagawa interchanging mid and left can work really well.
-----------------De Gea-------------
---Rafael---Smalling---Vidic---Evra--
----------------Carrick---------------
----------Kagawa-----Cleverley------
---------------Rooney----------------
---------RVP-------Hernandez-------

That's the system that could win us the treble.Great goalkeeper, strong back four with roaming wingbacks, four creative passers in midfield albeiut very different players - Carrick to hold and break up the play. Rooney as a box to box high energy central midfielder rather than this stupid insistence that he's a striker when he's clearly not, he's a natural born midfielder. Then other two to provide the spark in the middle and play the ball to two top class, clinical centre forwards.

Scrap the concept of wingers altogether, it just doesn't work anymore. We played our best football this year with the narrow diamond formation and four creative passers of the ball filling that space in the middle of the pitch. Swashbuckling, attacking football down the middle of the park ... yes, we'll conceed a few but we'll just outscore them. The Matt Busby way.
No. Rooney.

Well I would rather have Modric in midfield than Rooney.
Rooney is a stiker-why does nobody get that. If he moved to another club which allows him to be a sriker-then you will see what you would have missed.
Just used the BBC's premier league predictor for the rest of the season.

I got

Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 20.03.05.png

Put down United wins apart from the Chelsea game, got a feeling we might slip up there, probably a Mata freekick :tongue:
Reply 3012
Original post by doggyfizzel
Just used the BBC's premier league predictor for the rest of the season.

I got

Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 20.03.05.png

Put down United wins apart from the Chelsea game, got a feeling we might slip up there, probably a Mata freekick :tongue:

thats way off..
Have you seen wigan's fixtures? and tottenham to get 3rd.. but i do agree with arsenal missing out on top 4 especially when we beat them
Original post by IanDangerously
-----------------De Gea-------------
---Rafael---Smalling---Vidic---Evra--
----------------Carrick---------------
----------Kagawa-----Cleverley------
---------------Rooney----------------
---------RVP-------Hernandez-------

That's the system that could win us the treble.Great goalkeeper, strong back four with roaming wingbacks, four creative passers in midfield albeiut very different players - Carrick to hold and break up the play. Rooney as a box to box high energy central midfielder rather than this stupid insistence that he's a striker when he's clearly not, he's a natural born midfielder. Then other two to provide the spark in the middle and play the ball to two top class, clinical centre forwards.

Scrap the concept of wingers altogether, it just doesn't work anymore. We played our best football this year with the narrow diamond formation and four creative passers of the ball filling that space in the middle of the pitch. Swashbuckling, attacking football down the middle of the park ... yes, we'll conceed a few but we'll just outscore them. The Matt Busby way.

I think that team is too weak defensively tbh. Maybe against certain teams but Evra roams forward enough to cause us trouble when other team counters and he's nowhere to be seen. Surprised you picked Smalling ahead of Rio, Evans and Jones. He would be my 5th choice.

Our wingers have had an off season due to injuries or what not. Next season they can't do any worse. Also we have Zaha coming in so highly unlikely that we'll scrap the concept of wingers :P
Original post by cost
thats way off..
Have you seen wigan's fixtures? and tottenham to get 3rd.. but i do agree with arsenal missing out on top 4 especially when we beat them
Well obviously, you have to enter the score for each fixture. Wigan almost always finish the season strongly, I only have them getting 2 wins and 4 losses nothing spectacular, I think I put Villa on the last day and West Brom. Spurs I put down wins, bar Chelsea. What table do you get then?
Original post by IanLim93
I think that team is too weak defensively tbh. Maybe against certain teams but Evra roams forward enough to cause us trouble when other team counters and he's nowhere to be seen. Surprised you picked Smalling ahead of Rio, Evans and Jones. He would be my 5th choice.

Our wingers have had an off season due to injuries or what not. Next season they can't do any worse. Also we have Zaha coming in so highly unlikely that we'll scrap the concept of wingers :P

Yeah thinking about it I'd put Evans in instead of Smalling. Rio is coming to the end and Jones isn't a centre back, he roams too far forward and goes missing. We could always do the 4-2-3-1 with Jones and Carrick both as holding midfielders, that's worked effectively at times.

We won't scrap the wingers but I personally think we should, the way football has evovled their play is very predictable. If we had a David Beckham like player who could play passes of all ranges, and cut inside, and deliver the ball early then there'd be some merit to it. As it is now if you're a defender facing United you know the cross will come from near the corner 5 yards or so out from the dead ball line either side. I don't know when wingers suddenly decided they have to pretty much run to the very end of the pitch to play the ball, but its rendered them ineffective. The amount of headed goals scored by top teams in the PL has trended down for years and high crosses into the box aren't an important factor in the game they way they were in the early years of the Premier League.
all we need to do is sell nani and young and replace them with falcao and lewandowski and play with 4 strikers. Sorted.
Reply 3017
Lewandowski has to be brought if available, he is class and would be an ideal replacement for RVP, surely BVB would rather sell him to us than Bayern. He just played the best 90 minutes by a true number 9 I have seen in ages, the guys footwork in a crowded box is second to none.

DDG
Rafael Vida Rio Evra
Carrick Rooney
Zaha Kagawa
Lewandowski RVP
Forget about competing in the premier league next year, how are we going to compete in champions league next year? Bayern have essentially became a merge with Dortmund-snatching the pick of the best of dortman's team. They are going to sign Gotze and the Bayern Munich's coach's agent has just comfirmed they are going to buy Lawandowski (before today's match by the way...).Who is going to beat them? I mean we have no where near a squad like theirs. It is all these buy out clauses, you do not need to negotiate with club, just get that clause and you got your player.FFS.

Bayern look like they are going to win the treble this year, and next year (with their even better team!).

Just scandalous. Bayern are going to dominate for next cycle of best teams in europe.

I mean fergie has to take a punt in sighning these top class players, how is he going to get the champions league in the next few years before he retires. He will not have time as Bayern are dominating. He has to take a gamble.

By the way, no deal has been officially signed with bayern munich, right? So technically Gotze and Lawendowski can change their minds if they want to (mybe come to us...:gah: )
Reply 3019
To me Bayern are digging themselves into a hole here, surely the league will be to easy for them next year with only CL to compete for and anything can happen in the CL, their players will get bored of the german league and will look elsewhere, look at Ronaldo he was easily finding it boring in the EPL in his last season, it was to easy with him, if we hadn't sold him no way would we have lost the league by a point and GD and that would've meant 7 prem titles in a row, winning the title easily for 1-2 seasons is fun but after it becomes a bore, when there is no incentive to play at your best week in and week out.

Latest