The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by This Honest
:rofl: I know right.

Made himself look like a right tit and just tried to hop on the bandwagon. Silly silly Cameron :tongue:
Original post by Malevolent
Made himself look like a right tit and just tried to hop on the bandwagon. Silly silly Cameron :tongue:

Although the FA are a bit inconsistent with these bans. 8 match ban for using racist language but 10 for biting? :erm:
Think FA wanted to look tough but onwards as upwards for the blues!
Although the FA are a bit inconsistent with these bans. 8 match ban for using racist language but 10 for biting? :erm:

I don't mind its just its such a odd ban compared to other bans they handed out. Need to be consistent and they haven't been. Look like a bunch of tits :laugh:
10 matches is generous, he should be banned from playing in the PL altogether. It's not the first time he's done it and there's always the risk he'll do it again to another innocent defender. The funny thing is, Liverpool fans are comparing it to Mcmanaman's tackle. They're completely different, Mcmanaman apologised and said it was an accident. Suarez made attempt on Ivanovic's arm, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up some sort of disease after that.

And 9 months for Mark Bosnich testing positive for cocaine, a recreational drug. I don't know if cocaine has properties that put it parellel to performance enhancing drugs though. A bit inconsistent is an understatement. Stade Francais' scrum half, Jerome Fillol, got banned for 14 weeks for spitting. Sometimes spitting and biting can be worse than some other forms of physical harm, depending on the context, because of the issue of disease. I'm aware that footballers spit on the pitch but they shouldn't do it. Bad as 14 year olds who think it's cool to smoke who have to spit every minute for some stupid reason. Ivanovic might catch rabies off Suarez for all I know.
Reply 1245
Regarding the racism vs bite ban length, I'm sure if the bite had come before the racism it would have been shorter and then the ban for racism longer. Imo its about him being a repeat offender, a chronic cheat, discarding the rules and his own sanity at the drop of a hat when things don't go his way. This sort of ban has to be in place to send him a very clear message he needs to sort his act out because otherwise he will continue to cheat, and others will copy him. If he does something this stupid again I'm sure Liverpool will wash their hands of him, wait a little while for him to hit form and restore his reputation a little and then sell him while his value is high. They still have the club image required to sign big players if they can get big money for him, once this all blows over.
Hey I wouldn't mind having Klopp at Chelsea tbh, quality manager :yy:
Original post by Multitalented me
Hey I wouldn't mind having Klopp at Chelsea tbh, quality manager :yy:

Klopp is too smart and classy to come to Chelsea.

Klopp has the utmost support and trust from the top level at Dortmund - why would he leave that behind for the toxic environment of Chelsea?
Reply 1248
Original post by Zerforax

Klopp has the utmost support and trust from the top level at Dortmund - why would he leave that behind for the toxic environment of Chelsea?

Do you see the level of hypocrisy in calling Chelsea a toxic environment as a Liverpool fan? Sure he'd benefit from being in the nurturing environment that is Anfield...

article-2308571-19452771000005DC-958_306x256.jpg
Original post by Tweek
Do you see the level of hypocrisy in calling Chelsea a toxic environment as a Liverpool fan? Sure he'd benefit from being in the nurturing environment that is Anfield...

Do you realise how irrelevant your post is?

He raised a perfectly valid point and you replied with idiocy.
Reply 1250
Original post by CB91
Do you realise how irrelevant your post is?

He raised a perfectly valid point and you replied with idiocy.

He didn't raise a point, he was blatantly attacking Chelsea...
Klopp wouldn't leave because he's committed long term to Dortmund. No reason why he wouldn't come if that was to end.

The only shred of idiocy I've seen lately is you laughing at us complaining about the ref against Liverpool, only to go and complain last night when things didn't go Barca's way, which I find hilarious that you 'support' them.

Be gone pest.
Original post by Tweek

Do you want to explain the relevance of that GIF to this conversation to me?

When I talk of the environment, I'm talking about the owner and the management structure in place - mainly Abramovich's trigger happy finger and the fact that the club is run, with or without a manager in place - basically you come as a coach, not as manager at Chelsea.
Original post by Tweek
He didn't raise a point, he was blatantly attacking Chelsea...
Klopp wouldn't leave because he's committed long term to Dortmund. No reason why he wouldn't come if that was to end.

The only shred of idiocy I've seen lately is you laughing at us complaining about the ref against Liverpool, only to go and complain last night when things didn't go Barca's way, which I find hilarious that you 'support' them.

Be gone pest.

Of course he raised a point, you just chose to ignore it because id called you out on it. But oh no, no one can even criticize Chelsea. :lol:

An owner that sacks managers for fun, players that think they run the club, fans that scream abuse at their own players and manager. Yep, definitely not toxic at all. Whereas Dortmunds star player has announced he's leaving to their main rivals and has only been cheered. You wish you had the class of Dortmund.
Reply 1253
Do you want to explain the relevance of that GIF to this conversation to me?

When I talk of the environment, I'm talking about the owner and the management structure in place - mainly Abramovich's trigger happy finger and the fact that the club is run, with or without a manager in place - basically you come as a coach, not as manager at Chelsea.

Firstly that's clearly a JPG, seriously I know you Liverpool fans aren't the brightest but still. However if you're currently suffering from hallucinations, and it looked like they were waving it, I'll let you off.

Secondly It's called making contractual demands. You speak as if you closely follow Klopp and know what he's thinking? You can only make assumptions he wouldn't come. And he's a slight admirer of ours apparently

"In these semi-finals there are three favourites Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern [Munich]. It’s just like last year. We are the fourth team in these semi-finals like Chelsea last season”, the 45-year-old explained to Spanish daily Marca.

“And who won? Chelsea. I rest my case."

Klopp wouldn't leave because he's currently in the middle of reforming Dortmund. Major players are being sold and he's already plotting to rebuild the squad. No reason why he wouldn't come in the future. But you clearly just wanted to get in a jibe.
Reply 1254
Original post by CB91
Of course he raised a point, you just chose to ignore it because id called you out on it. But oh no, no one can even criticize Chelsea. :lol:

An owner that sacks managers for fun, players that think they run the club, fans that scream abuse at their own players and manager. Yep, definitely not toxic at all. Whereas Dortmunds star player has announced he's leaving to their main rivals and has only been cheered. You wish you had the class of Dortmund.

Firstly don't try and tell me anything about Dortmund, I'm willing to guarantee I know a hell of a lot more about them than you.

Secondly you're just spouting BS about Chelsea that you've read on the Daily Mail or the Mirror. I actually can't be bothered giving you an intelligent response because it'd be wasted. I actually can't believe how deluded you are.
Original post by CB91
couldn't have said it any better

chelsea the scum
Reply 1256

Because we'd pay him a **** load of money, he'd get to test his wits against SAF in an attempt for the league, and Dortmund's players appear to be leaving en masse?
Original post by mhsc
Because we'd pay him a **** load of money, he'd get to test his wits against SAF in an attempt for the league, and Dortmund's players appear to be leaving en masse?

Chelsea and Dortmund are polar opposites in pretty much every way. Maybe if you just paid him a lorryload he's come, but Chelsea are hardly likely to appeal to his heart. Arsenal on the other hand.... :moon:

Not sure Klopp would be half as effective in English football tbh. Not nearly enough quality young players coming through for his style of management to be effective.
Reply 1258
Original post by Zürich
Chelsea and Dortmund are polar opposites in pretty much every way. Maybe if you just paid him a lorryload he's come, but Chelsea are hardly likely to appeal to his heart. Arsenal on the other hand.... :moon:

Not sure Klopp would be half as effective in English football tbh. Not nearly enough quality young players coming through for his style of management to be effective.

Chelsea genuinely have a number of high quality young players coming through imo, although I agree he'd be very good at Arsenal. Imo I don't think he'll manage here, but not because he would flat out refuse us. Dortmund as a club first of all would flat out refuse to let us speak to him, I think we may have already tried before and they said no. If he was to come here it wouldn't be for quite a few years.
Original post by Tweek
Firstly that's clearly a JPG, seriously I know you Liverpool fans aren't the brightest but still. However if you're currently suffering from hallucinations, and it looked like they were waving it, I'll let you off.

Secondly It's called making contractual demands. You speak as if you closely follow Klopp and know what he's thinking? You can only make assumptions he wouldn't come. And he's a slight admirer of ours apparently

What's the difference between a GIF and a JPEG? :s-smilie: Anyway, what relevance did the picture have to the point being made..?

Contractual demands of what? I'm so confused.. you deflect so much and don't actually respond to any point made in a logical manner, it's very hard to follow.

*sigh* Fine, take out Klopp and make my statements more generic, the points still stand. As a whole, Abramovich is a trigger happy owner who has fired a number of high profile managers. The owner and those in positions of power at the club control a significant part of the club - for example, if the owner wants a player, the club will buy the player and play him regularly, even if the manager (who has more footballing experience) disagrees.

Original post by mhsc

True the money might be nice. I think Klopp would be more wary after seeing what happened with AVB. It becomes a blot on your CV and then makes it harder to then get another top job quickly. Again as an example, AVB had to take somewhat a step down to join Spurs whereas if he had stayed at Porto and had another good season, he could've had a stab at another big job.

Klopp could try for the City job? Arsenal job perhaps in a year? He'd probably get more time and support at those clubs over Chelsea.

Latest