The Student Room Group

The European/World Football Thread III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Yup, it's a payday and he can get a lot of trophies while he's there, much more so than at BVB. No problems here I wouldn't begrudge him if he left. Dortmund are probably going to be trophyless this year, while they're close to winning a CL this is probably it for them for now.

But I think that Götze decided it not alone. All pros in football have consultants and they get paid, if a pro move. The more the best for them. In other words: players are marketed. This aspect behind the scenes makes it more difficult for a player to be faithful.
Reply 121
Original post by jam277
Yeah, but I get paid enough money to live on. Does it mean you should settle for less. He'd probably be getting more money, considering he's going to be getting money from winning trophies too in contract clauses there's no point saying he'll be earning less. Bayern are going to walk the league next year and the next. Just wish heynckes was there to do it playing the way they do now rather than that tika taka nonsense.

He's going to be earning €2mill more. Not really a lot in real term. I understand the move but doesn't mean I'll agree with it and not criticise it especially as I see it as the evil within football.

Tbh, you're a Chelsea fan and I'm not surprised with you support for mercenary trophy chasing activity.
Original post by 419
He's going to be earning €2mill more. Not really a lot in real term. I understand the move but doesn't mean I'll agree with it and not criticise it especially as I see it as the evil within football.

Tbh, you're a Chelsea fan and I'm not surprised with you support for mercenary trophy chasing activity.

2 million euros a year is still quite a bit. It is a bad sight in football but it's down to the capitalist mentality that people have in football and in real life. Football is about winning within the rules and as far as UEFA are concerned it's within the rules. If we wanna all be communists about football and cry when someone leaves the we can be but each to their own. It's BVB's fault for not putting a big enough clause on him and not taking a risk for him.

Nice dig but I really don't care. I'd rather be on the winning team than the losing team, simple as maybe won't be as good if goetze won the CL with bayern than if he won it in 3 weeks time but hey at least he's probably going to win one at bayern and he's probably not going to win one next month. My career is about trophies, not about being a steven gerrard/matt le tissier playing for a **** team all his career and complaining about money clubs when they don't win anything when really united have been a place above liverpool in the prem ever since the year 2000 before chelsea and city came about.

Rant over.
The fact is that football is not a popular sport anymore, as the thought of commercial has taken place in the structures of the professional leagues in whole europe. No matter whether Liverpool or Chelsea: The teams are dealing as goods worldwide. No wonder that well-known clubs like Barcelona, Real, Juventus, Milan, ManUtd and so on go on a world trip on which they are playing to increase sales. If football is still a popular sport, oligarchs have not a big say in the management of the clubs. There are just two possibilities which you have under these circumstances: either you still support your team and are still interest in football or you give your passion up and look for other sports.
Reply 124
Original post by jam277

Hehe, yep, nice to see the goal being recognized..
Why are people in the Dortmund stadium singing YNWA? Or was I just hearing things?
Reply 126
Original post by cleveradam
Why are people in the Dortmund stadium singing YNWA? Or was I just hearing things?

I was wondering the same myself.
Oh Borrusia Dortmund are like Celtic, they also sing YNWA.
I thought most people knew Dortmund sang YNWA. :lolwut:
Reply 129
I think it is something I forget every time :mmm:
23/4/13-24/4/13 the day German Football made Spanish football its bitch.

Hurts to say :frown:
Original post by cleveradam

YNWA - you'll never walk alone. The fans in Dortmund are very faithful to their club. Football is their live. To show their emotions they sing this song.
After all that **** i got from Madrid fans its time to give it back.
Original post by Kallisto
YNWA - you'll never walk alone. The fans in Dortmund are very faithful to their club. Football is their live. To show their emotions they sing this song.

Yeah I suppose, its a very good club song.
Original post by Malevolent
23/4/13-24/4/13 the day German Football made Spanish football its bitch.

Hurts to say :frown:

The spanish teams are still able to turn the table in the return legs. Miracles are never end.
The spanish teams are still able to turn the table in the return legs. Miracles are never end.

Mehhh I think its gonna be a German final. Can't see Barcelona or Madrid keeping a clean sheet look woeful defensively.
Original post by Malevolent
Mehhh I think its gonna be a German final. Can't see Barcelona or Madrid keeping a clean sheet look woeful defensively.

Wait and see. As long as the return legs has not gone by, I'm reserved. I remember me that Real Madrid did it 1985 in UEFA Cup against Gladbach when Real Madrid lost 5-1 in Gladbach and won 4-0 at home. Madrid won the cup at the end. I know its been a while, but as you can see its not impossible.
Wait and see. As long as the return legs has not gone by, I'm reserved. I remember me that Real Madrid did it 1985 in UEFA Cup against Gladbach when Real Madrid lost 5-1 in Gladbach and won 4-0 at home. Madrid won the cup at the end. I know its been a while, but as you can see its not impossible.

I guess but I'l just say its very tough ask.
Reply 138
In the Brazil Chile match going on in Brazil, the Brazilian crowd are booing the Brazilian touches and oleing everything Chile passes. It's 2-2 atm and tbf, although Chile have been the better of the 2 teams, Brazil haven't been too bad.
Real Madrid's starting XI: £345m. Dortmund's starting XI: £29m.

Dortmund were unreal last night. I know some are saying that they were at home and Real will win in Madrid. Still I can't see them scoring 3 goals and not conceding any.
I greatly admire Dortmund's methods. Shows that you don't need to spend a fortune to build a great team!

Quick Reply

Latest