The Student Room Group

Do girls want to pull in clubs?

Just a question to all your girls out there (I'm a guy), if when you go clubbing do you have it in your mind that you want to pull a guy tonight ?

I know for most single men the answer is yes, that they would like to pull a girl (even just getting with a girl).

If you are a girl and you do want to pull on a night out, would you ever approach a guy you liked the look of ? if not, why not?

I know for most cases girls do not generally/never make the first move on a guy in a club (which can be quite annoying). So I also want to know why this is.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ok
Yes!
I'm imagining the majority of 'pulling' is done by the male.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Just a question to all your girls out there (I'm a guy), if when you go clubbing do you have it in your mind that you want to pull a guy tonight ?

I know for most single men the answer is yes, that they would like to pull a girl (even just getting with a girl).

If you are a girl and you do want to pull on a night out, would you ever approach a guy you liked the look of ? if not, why not?

I know for most cases girls do not generally/never make the first move on a guy in a club (which can be quite annoying). So I also want to know why this is.

To answer your last question, if you got approached a few times a night, would you make the effort to approach girls? I don't think most guys would. Why go fishing when the fish are jumping into your boat?
Reply 5
Sometimes, I think it depends on the girl. But often me and my friends just go out to have a good time and dance, if there's a guy that we're keen on then why not.

About guys always making the first move, I personally wouldn't but I know girls who would. You might just dance next to a guy and hope he notices you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I've never gone to a club wanting to pull. I go to dance and have fun with my friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont go with the aim of pulling/getting with a guy, but it happens quite often.. i would say that its because i get drunk, because meeting and getting with randomers (even just kissing) isnt my sober style.. or at least it never used to be before uni!
Reply 8
Personally no, I could never have done that when I was single. I'm not the kind of person that feels physical attraction to strangers.
Reply 9
No, even when I was single it wouldn't be my thing. I go out to clubs to have a good time with my friends, not strangers. Haven't got anything against it though.
no i go out to have fun with my friends, i literally never pull on nights out, simply because I don't want to !
Reply 11
Original post by alabelle
No, even when I was single it wouldn't be my thing. I go out to clubs to have a good time with my friends, not strangers. Haven't got anything against it though.

:blah:
Yeah, a lot of the time I want to and I would approach a guy I fancied :smile: x
No, never.
I normally just want to dance with my friends and pushy guys get really annoying! Sometimes I make friends with people, like I talk to them at the bar, but I never actually want to "pull" them.

I don't like the whole "meat market" environment and prefer to meet guys in other places.

edit: Look at the OP's question. I'm not saying that no girls ever want to pull in clubs. I'm just answering for myself.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Thanks for responses, keep them coming!
Me and my friends never go out with the mind set of pulling a lad but if in my case I'm drunk a good looking lad (more than likely beer goggles are on) I'll get off with him I'm not going home with them though.
i never go out with the intention of pulling but i always end up pulling more than one guy and i don't really mind/care, i'm a very affectionate drunk and i'm single :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by alice.babee
Very rarely.. when I first broke up with my long term boyfriend I pulled twice in one night basically cos my friends were all YOU ARE SINGLE YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT! But it didn't actually make me any happier, whereas spending the night dancing with my friends and ignoring (soz) all the guys does make me happy :')

I'd never approach a guy purely because I don't have the confidence to anyways, and I don't really see the attraction in pulling a drunken randomer who you're probably never ever going to see again :tongue:

If you ignore all the guys, and don't approach anyone... How do you meet new guys? :s-smilie: Genuine question.
Sometimes yeah. Most of the time when I'm drunk at a bar/club I'm more interested in just having a laugh and dancing with my friends though :tongue: but if an attractive guy came onto me I wouldn't say no to a bit of kissing. Not sure what it'd take for me to go home with someone I'd just met, never done that before. I've never approached a guy I think is attractive either, not sure why, probably just cos it's a bit intimidating!

The last time I pulled, it was in Subway afterwards, hahaha. I remember sitting next to the guy and thinking "he is pretty fit..." and then just leaning over and kissing him. Wish my normal self was that forward :colone:
As a man, I don't go to clubs to pull girls I don't know; I go to have a drink with my mates and have a laugh. Last time I ended up dancing with a girl, as she'd approached me for a dance after my mate had brought her over and I didn't have the heart to just say 'no', considering she'd made the effort. Bit of fun, but that's where it ended. Nothing against the club culture, I just prefer getting to know people first m'self.

Also I know this thread is aimed at women primarily, but as the general consensus has been that men are mostly after one thing I thought I'd add my own 2 cents. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending