The Student Room Group

MPhil in Management - University of Cambridge 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Hey guys, I'm on this course and just thought I'd chirp up to answer any questions you may have. A lot of you seem really stressed about offers at the moment but just relax! Wait until you hear back before losing all hope!

Happy to help if you have any queries.

Cheers.
Reply 141
Original post by mmk6891
The problem are the deadlines to accept offers with other universities.. if I don't get a response by friday I'll have to call them again:rolleyes:

Friday now...frustrated... Did you call them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Wait until evening for Camsis updates, they usually update in the second half of the day.
Reply 143
Original post by verger
Friday now...frustrated... Did you call them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by JimmyTheD
Wait until evening for Camsis updates, they usually update in the second half of the day.

I will try to call them in the early afternoon/after lunch time, I absolutely need to know what's happening before the first days of next week and I'm afraid this might already be late even if it went to bogs today!
Reply 144
Decided I will call them on monday morning, I was away earlier and now it's too late there's no point, I'm sure they wouldn't bother on a friday at this time. I wonder how many people they have in their recruitment team compared to other universities...
Reply 145
Original post by mmk6891
Decided I will call them on monday morning, I was away earlier and now it's too late there's no point, I'm sure they wouldn't bother on a friday at this time. I wonder how many people they have in their recruitment team compared to other universities...

Yep, guess you're right...so good luck to all next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 146
Surly getting close now!! I'm annoyed we'll all be stuck at bad colleges since it's so late though!
Reply 147
Original post by cmassey
Surly getting close now!! I'm annoyed we'll all be stuck at bad colleges since it's so late though!

That's not necessarily true, a friend of mine only got through the BGS stage in June last year, and she was accepted by her first-choice college (Pembroke). Also, the so-called 'bad colleges' are among the friendliest at Cambridge for graduate students, and since many of them are relatively new, they tend to have better accommodation facilities (better heating, nicer kitchens, en-suite rooms, etc.), so you shouldn't feel bad if you're allotted one of those :smile:

(I haven't applied for the MPhil in Management, I'm just trolling this forum because I'm still 'under consideration by department' like many people here, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one :tongue:)
Reply 148
I've just called them... I was told that if we haven't received a reply it means that our application was put on a waiting list, some have been already rejected but the person I spoke to on the phone couldn't tell me anything more, she said that the course director(?) had the applications and hopefully by next week or so we will know more. I asked if she could just tell me if I had been rejected but she said she had no way of finding that out, so I guess we will have to wait. I'm wondering what to do with my other offers now...
Original post by mmk6891
I've just called them... I was told that if we haven't received a reply it means that our application was put on a waiting list, some have been already rejected but the person I spoke to on the phone couldn't tell me anything more, she said that the course director(?) had the applications and hopefully by next week or so we will know more. I asked if she could just tell me if I had been rejected but she said she had no way of finding that out, so I guess we will have to wait. I'm wondering what to do with my other offers now...

oh well... but i thought we were all going to know by the end of THIS week.

i find this very frustrating:-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 150
Original post by ce303ce303
oh well... but i thought we were all going to know by the end of THIS week.

i find this very frustrating:-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I was told last week when I called... guess they don't really have a clue either. Do you have other offers?
I have a deadline for Imperial this week and I'd need to pay 2000£ deposit, I have some more time before I need to reply to LSE but I'm not convinced about the course and would rather attend Imperial... this is so stressful!
Reply 151
Original post by mmk6891

More or less they told me 10 minutes ago the same thing. They dont know about the progress of the application or when to wait for a response..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Original post by mmk6891
That's what I was told last week when I called... guess they don't really have a clue either. Do you have other offers?
I have a deadline for Imperial this week and I'd need to pay 2000£ deposit, I have some more time before I need to reply to LSE but I'm not convinced about the course and would rather attend Imperial... this is so stressful!

I think you can email Imperial to arrange an extension...I did it and they agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
Original post by verger
I think you can email Imperial to arrange an extension...I did it and they agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, thanks for the advice - what did you tell them exactly - did you tell the truth (waiting for all the offers before making a decision)? Did you ask for a specific extension or how long did they give you?
Thanks
Reply 154
Original post by mmk6891
Hey, thanks for the advice - what did you tell them exactly - did you tell the truth (waiting for all the offers before making a decision)? Did you ask for a specific extension or how long did they give you?
Thanks

I didn't give any reasons but simply told them I need two more weeks to make decision. Hope this will help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 155
Original post by verger
I didn't give any reasons but simply told them I need two more weeks to make decision. Hope this will help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - Just sent an email now...
Reply 156
I phoned JBS again today. She asked for my application number, date of birth and my name. After a minute the representative of admission office told
Me that she cant say anything and she tried to forward the line to the course director but she was out of office. What does this mean? Is it a bad or good sign?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
Original post by virtsou
I phoned JBS again today. She asked for my application number, date of birth and my name. After a minute the representative of admission office told
Me that she cant say anything and she tried to forward the line to the course director but she was out of office. What does this mean? Is it a bad or good sign?

Posted from TSR Mobile

seems to me they're just not working hard enough to ensure we get a reply within a decent time frame, out of office.... hahah. Don't think it's a bad sign to be honest, did she tell you to call back or that she'd get back in touch after speaking with the course director?
Reply 158
they just sent me an unofficial email in order to inform me that I HAVE A PLACE!!!!!!!
Reply 159
Original post by virtsou
they just sent me an unofficial email in order to inform me that I HAVE A PLACE!!!!!!!

woooah!! Congratulations! What did you tell them to have them ask for your details and send you an informal reply? I really tried yesterday on the phone but it went nowhere even though I told them I had a deadline this week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending