The Student Room Group

F581/ F582 Economics June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
hey guys :smile: also doing both exams this summer

I personally find f581 a lot easier to understand especially after doing past papers etc

For f582 I've been making sure I actually understand my notes not just writing them down and learning them. It takes time but it is worth it! I've done the first 2 units of it and only 1 more to go and am surprisingly enjoying revising haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Robbie242
Yeah same! really worrying though, got my econ f582 mock next week and its the Jan 13 paper, I know the essay question but everything else is unknown, oh well just gotta keep my fingers crossed that I do well (Mocks are usually a good indicator of progress, e.g. I got 46/60 in my first econ1 mock which was a low A and in the exam I got a low A)

Hey what is the jan 2013 essay question? Good luck! You'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by miasp
Hey what is the jan 2013 essay question? Good luck! You'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jan 13 essay q: Discuss whether a decrease in aggregate supply is always harmful to national economic performance
and thanks!
Reply 43
Ah cool! what do you hope to get this time round? F582 seems so much harder than F581 to me

An A hopefully, Got my paper back so i know were to work on :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by iggyDash
An A hopefully, Got my paper back so i know were to work on :smile:

Ah I want the same! I know from F581 that I need to be less vague and that you ALWAYS get marks for commenting on time period/ how big is the cut/ change? using evaluative marks as well. Ideally I'd like 96ums but I doubt that would be possible (would need the 96 to break the 90ums average for Cambridge, just fingers crossed both of us get A and upwards :smile: )
Reply 45
Ah I want the same! I know from F581 that I need to be less vague and that you ALWAYS get marks for commenting on time period/ how big is the cut/ change? using evaluative marks as well. Ideally I'd like 96ums but I doubt that would be possible (would need the 96 to break the 90ums average for Cambridge, just fingers crossed both of us get A and upwards :smile: )

hopefully :biggrin:
Reply 46
Does anyone have F582 from jan that they could email me?
Reply 47
Can't believe its that time of the year again- actually prefer f582 though its definitely the sort of thing i want to focus on at uni.
And scorpaz isnt it on the ocr website ?
Reply 48
Does anyone have the whole Jan 2013 f582 paper please? :smile:
anyone have any idea on any model answers for f581? i felt i knew all the stuff last time but only came out with 35/60, need to get close to 100%!

Any ideas how to go about improving my 'technique' for this exam? hitting the assesment objectives and getting the marks

thanks in advance
Reply 50
Original post by lisa96
I have a printed copy of the exam paper, so i can't upload the case study, but i've typed all the questions up :smile:

and heres the 2013 examiners report

Oh god we did this for a mock, I think my teacher said 1 person got an e 1 person got a d the rest got U's haha.... It was awful xP
Can someone give me definitions for these terms please?

Expansionary Fiscal Policy
Privatisation
Positive Output Gap
Reply 52
Original post by lisa96
I have a printed copy of the exam paper, so i can't upload the case study, but i've typed all the questions up :smile:

and heres the 2013 examiners report
Thank you for replying! I appreciate it :smile:
Reply 53
Hows revision going guys?

Not long left now :s-smilie:
Original post by lisa96
Enhancetuition is good for tips on the 18 markers
http://www.youtube.com/user/EnhanceTuition?feature=
other than that, i suggest practising all the pastpapers, and then looking and the mark schemes and examiners report to see where you are losing the marks. for most people, it tends to be the comment questions because they forget to evaluate

thank you

how doable is it to mark the 18 markers yoruself as i am sitting the exam independantly and cant contact any teachers?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lisa96
I guess if you use the mark scheme accurately and give yourself a fair mark then its ok. But teachers are better as they seem to know what they're doing. Or you could upload it on to here / email it to enhance tuition to see what others would think youd get ? :smile:

Im not allowed to contact my teachers :frown: Ok that osunds good! Thank you for the help
Reply 56
Got my mock back haha, 32/60 (D) 3 marks of a C , at least I got the highest in the class :eek:. 13/18 for the essay, some good evaluation but poor calculations/misinterpretation brought me down
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by lisa96
I'm getting mine back on monday, but i know i've done most of the questions wrong. and i wrote very little on the 18 marker so dont think ive done too well

Yeah F582 isn't as straight forward as F581 that's for sure, though its only a mock and there's still some weeks to learn from our mistakes so it should turn out fine. Good luck regardless though :smile:. The Jan 13 one was really tough for me to expand and evaluate on, a decrease in aggregate supply seemed foreign to me
Reply 58
does anyone happen to have any model answers or the mark scheme for the F582 Jan 2013 paper please? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah F582 isn't as straight forward as F581 that's for sure, though its only a mock and there's still some weeks to learn from our mistakes so it should turn out fine. Good luck regardless though :smile:. The Jan 13 one was really tough for me to expand and evaluate on, a decrease in aggregate supply seemed foreign to me

F582 really isn't that difficult , a lot of it is just getting used to exam technique - once you have that nailed you'll find that D turns into an A :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending