The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jina
I have a lot to say to Ofsted. Haha regarding my schools and those surrounding. Sly sly Vio!! Inhave saved it onto my phone - good thinking though i dont think the money thing is a secret. They boast about it. Lol
Wow... That's new. You should tell ofsted about this mocksted...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Ofsted should do it completely at random, just show up instead of giving them a timeframe - I hate how much my school sucks up to Ofsted. Half of my teachers don't even bother though - as a productive lesson isn't necessarily one where people are like zombies under the spell of a teacher.
Reply 6261
Original post by EduWiz
Just finished revising:rolleyes: what's your first exam?

Religious studies! Haha today in free period I asked this supply teacher ONE question and my daaysss.... He spent 50 minutes retelling me christianity's history. Like everything. At times he would close his eyes for 3 minutes and i would slowly die. But yeah... You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6262
Original post by Jina
I have a lot to say to Ofsted. Haha regarding my schools and those surrounding. Sly sly Vio!! Inhave saved it onto my phone - good thinking though i dont think the money thing is a secret. They boast about it. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's wrong with the sixth form paying the students?
Reply 6263
Original post by Bluffroom
I think Ofsted should do it completely at random, just show up instead of giving them a timeframe - I hate how much my school sucks up to Ofsted. Half of my teachers don't even bother though - as a productive lesson isn't necessarily one where people are like zombies under the spell of a teacher.

They're getting better! Now they give half a day's warning .... We had like a red alert a few weeks ago. All senior teachers were on the go, checking books left right and centre...
It was almost comical to watch ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EduWiz
Oh come on I thought we sorted out your problem :s-smilie:

screw you man, there's nothing wrong with me and there was nothing wrong with me
Reply 6265
Original post by Jina
Religious studies! Haha today in free period I asked this supply teacher ONE question and my daaysss.... He spent 50 minutes retelling me christianity's history. Like everything. At times he would close his eyes for 3 minutes and i would slowly die. But yeah... You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahahaha lool I've got RS aswell it's an easy but boring subject:tongue:
Reply 6266
Original post by EduWiz

It's not the sixth form.... They're paying year 11 students. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6267
Original post by EduWiz
Hahahahaha lool I've got RS aswell it's an easy but boring subject:tongue:

A lot of content involved! Hahaha and omg he said to me "i hope i see you again.... I want to tell you more about why Christians believe Jesus is god"... His Irish accent helped a tad but ... I'm hiding my face.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6268
Original post by Bude8
screw you man, there's nothing wrong with me and there was nothing wrong with me

Ohhh I meant this fuelled anger towards me....I'm trying to be polite and all I get back is rude disrespectful comments from you...how does that make me feel Eh?:angry:
Original post by EduWiz
Ohhh I meant this fuelled anger towards me....I'm trying to be polite and all I get back is rude disrespectful comments from you...how does that make me feel Eh?:angry:

you were the one who said I had a problem first!
Reply 6270
Original post by Jina
A lot of content involved! Hahaha and omg he said to me "i hope i see you again.... I want to tell you more about why Christians believe Jesus is god"... His Irish accent helped a tad but ... I'm hiding my face.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahahahah ......yh but just remember the ten commandments if your sitting the ocr RS exam
Original post by Jina
They're getting better! Now they give half a day's warning .... We had like a red alert a few weeks ago. All senior teachers were on the go, checking books left right and centre...
It was almost comical to watch ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only people who freak out here are Senior Management and they go completely nuts - it's like some sort of contagious mental breakdown. They excluded someone who didn't have their tie perfect and his top button undone for half a day once :facepalm2:
Reply 6272
Original post by Bude8
you were the one who said I had a problem first!

It was a bloody typo
Reply 6273
Original post by Jina
It's not the sixth form.... They're paying year 11 students. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

To do what?
Original post by EduWiz
It was a bloody typo

typo my ass
Reply 6275
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ofsted don't have a clue about what goes on in schools! I'm just like that, it's probably not a very nice trait, but it could come in useful some day! Apparently it's just a thing where the school governors come in and look at how the school is doing, and my maths teacher called it that! I just looked at my school's ofsted report, and we're a 3, which is satisfactory, but I think with the new ofsted things if it is the same at the next report, it would be 'needs improvement'.

I totally agree, my school has told us that we'll have an assembly as soon as they know they're having the inspection, I call it the emergency ofsted training session. And to be honest, I don't think some of their teacher grading is fair though, some good teachers don't get the recognition they deserve because they don't teach how ofsted wants, despite getting results. And the amount of teachers who change lessons drastically when ofsted are here!

Original post by EduWiz

As Jina's said, it's not sixth form, but I see you've changed your location! But the real question is can you pronounce it? I can! :biggrin:
Reply 6276
Original post by EduWiz
To do what?

To go into school :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6277
Original post by EduWiz
Ahahahah ......yh but just remember the ten commandments if your sitting the ocr RS exam

I'm doing... Edexcel... All about believing in God, life and death matters, marriage and community cohesion. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6278
The only people who freak out here are Senior Management and they go completely nuts - it's like some sort of contagious mental breakdown. They excluded someone who didn't have their tie perfect and his top button undone for half a day once :facepalm2:

Hahhaha. I've seen it here too! They go mad and wow... It's amazing to watch. We had royalty visit our school and this teacher (IN A NEON YELLOW CARDIGAN) said to me my woolly cardi was non-uniform when i'd been wearing it for months. -_- i was like come at me, i'll tie myself to a tree when she said she'd send me home - i havent had 8 years 100% for nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
Ofsted don't have a clue about what goes on in schools! I'm just like that, it's probably not a very nice trait, but it could come in useful some day! Apparently it's just a thing where the school governors come in and look at how the school is doing, and my maths teacher called it that! I just looked at my school's ofsted report, and we're a 3, which is satisfactory, but I think with the new ofsted things if it is the same at the next report, it would be 'needs improvement'.

I totally agree, my school has told us that we'll have an assembly as soon as they know they're having the inspection, I call it the emergency ofsted training session. And to be honest, I don't think some of their teacher grading is fair though, some good teachers don't get the recognition they deserve because they don't teach how ofsted wants, despite getting results. And the amount of teachers who change lessons drastically when ofsted are here!

I think OFSTED need to make it less all or nothing for schools - i mean they need to do the same thing, but they make it so schools are able to prepare and stress and fluff it up. They need to see schools like they are all the time