The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6280
Original post by Jina
I'm doing... Edexcel... All about believing in God, life and death matters, marriage and community cohesion. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! But next year!

Original post by Bluffroom
I think OFSTED need to make it less all or nothing for schools - i mean they need to do the same thing, but they make it so schools are able to prepare and stress and fluff it up. They need to see schools like they are all the time

Schools are easily able to prepare, which is what makes it so bad, I'd imagine many schools' ratings would go down if they weren't prepared. On a kind of related note, OFSTED have implied that parents at my school don't particularly care about their children's education! That is one of the only true things in their report I think.
Reply 6281
Original post by Vionar
Same! But next year!

Schools are easily able to prepare, which is what makes it so bad, I'd imagine many schools' ratings would go down if they weren't prepared. On a kind of related note, OFSTED have implied that parents at my school don't particularly care about their children's education! That is one of the only true things in their report I think.

Haha we get outstanding on everything... Something must be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have "ESTYN" here instead of Ofsted :tongue:

We had our inspections this year... We're a "good" school and apparently have some "outstanding" aspects I think...

Although those bloody aspects are useless for the ones that need it...
Original post by Vionar
Same! But next year!

Yeah! They should have secret operatives like pretending to be staff or something :P

Original post by Jina
I'm doing... Edexcel... All about believing in God, life and death matters, marriage and community cohesion. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same!
Reply 6284
Original post by Bude8
typo my ass

Alright, I'm sorry:frown:
Reply 6285
Original post by Vionar
Ofsted don't have a clue about what goes on in schools! I'm just like that, it's probably not a very nice trait, but it could come in useful some day! Apparently it's just a thing where the school governors come in and look at how the school is doing, and my maths teacher called it that! I just looked at my school's ofsted report, and we're a 3, which is satisfactory, but I think with the new ofsted things if it is the same at the next report, it would be 'needs improvement'.

I totally agree, my school has told us that we'll have an assembly as soon as they know they're having the inspection, I call it the emergency ofsted training session. And to be honest, I don't think some of their teacher grading is fair though, some good teachers don't get the recognition they deserve because they don't teach how ofsted wants, despite getting results. And the amount of teachers who change lessons drastically when ofsted are here!

As Jina's said, it's not sixth form, but I see you've changed your location! But the real question is can you pronounce it? I can! :biggrin:

Well spotted.. well I'm trying to:tongue:
Reply 6286
Original post by Jina
To go into school :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooo that's not fair:angry:
Reply 6287
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many papers/topics ?
Reply 6288
Original post by EduWiz
How many papers/topics ?

4 topics with millions in each and 4 papers. Haha all in 1 hr 30 mins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6290
Original post by Jina
4 topics with millions in each and 4 papers. Haha all in 1 hr 30 mins. <br />
<br />
<br />
<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>

What 4 papers in 1 hour and a half
Reply 6291
My neighbourhood is surprisingly dark, when I'm Walking Home, alone
Two and a half weeks until my first exam:ahhhhh::afraid:
Reply 6294
Original post by Jina
Haha we get outstanding on everything... Something must be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're satisfactory! But out of almost a thousand parents or guardians, only 133 filled in their questionnaire, and those 133 were almost definitely the nice people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6295
Original post by Bluffroom
Yeah! They should have secret operatives like pretending to be staff or something :P

Same!

Like a spy ring! MI5 could just absorb OFSTED into its workings, and we'd e all set!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
We're satisfactory!

Posted from TSR Mobile

rreally? We're Outstanding but we still have parents who don't care
Reply 6297
Original post by Vionar
We're satisfactory! But out of almost a thousand parents or guardians, only 133 filled in their questionnaire, and those 133 were almost definitely the nice people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I filled in a questionnaire just now for my school. Hopefully it'll raise a few eyebrows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6298
Original post by Vionar
Like a spy ring! MI5 could just absorb OFSTED into its workings, and we'd e all set!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg! That would be sooo coool! They could come in as cleaners or supply teachers... Wow... Michael Gove, listen up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6299
Original post by EduWiz
Well spotted.. well I'm trying to:tongue:

It was just so long, ad difficult to miss! I can say it! I learnt how to in year eight, but can fishy say it, after all, he's the Welshman!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest