The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nik_nak1
I have firmed History:smile: I haven't found anyone else doing it either

I firmed history, sociology and professional teaching today.
History friends! What kind of history were yous planning on doing? I'm totally looking forward to social history and gender!
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
How long did it take everyone to get their welcome email so they could apply from accommodation btw?
Original post by CarrotReaper
I firmed history, sociology and professional teaching today.
History friends! What kind of history were yous planning on doing? I'm totally looking forward to social history and gender!

I quite like american history but not too sure really.
Original post by alfalimaindia
I quite like american history but not too sure really.

I've been doing American history (1850- end of the civil war) as my advanced higher this year, and completely detest it! Not even kidding, i enjoyed certain aspects of it i suppose, like slavery and looking at the causes of the war, but over all i actually hated the subject haha!
Reply 84
Is professional education different to primary education?
Reply 85
Firmed for French (:
Reply 86
I'm coming to Stirling too, just firmed International politics! I'm so excited! I'm also 23 years old, great to see I'm not the only "old" one there, haha!

I'm anxious to apply for the accommodation but my student number isn't working yet, so annoying! Congrats to all of you that have a room already! :smile:
I've been doing American history (1850- end of the civil war) as my advanced higher this year, and completely detest it! Not even kidding, i enjoyed certain aspects of it i suppose, like slavery and looking at the causes of the war, but over all i actually hated the subject haha!

I'm doing that for AH too, I did my dissertation on the causes, I absolutely hate all the Generals. I haven't done any US history before this year, so that's probably why I prefer it. I don't like ww1 and ww2 they're super boring and suffragettes as well, we did ww1 and scotland and britain 1860-1930, Crusades were quite good though.
Original post by Pippin96
Is professional education different to primary education?

Professional would be like secondary teaching :smile:

I'm doing that for AH too, I did my dissertation on the causes, I absolutely hate all the Generals. I haven't done any US history before this year, so that's probably why I prefer it. I don't like ww1 and ww2 they're super boring and suffragettes as well, we did ww1 and scotland and britain 1860-1930, Crusades were quite good though.

Yeah my dissertation was on causes as well.
Last year i did wars of independence, road to world war 2 and then the same british topic as you. I totally loved all the british democracy stuff and the suffregettes. Like i could still probably name quite a few of the reforms acts etc haha, what my extended response was on :smile: loved that stuff!

Yeah my dissertation was on causes as well.
Last year i did wars of independence, road to world war 2 and then the same british topic as you. I totally loved all the british democracy stuff and the suffregettes. Like i could still probably name quite a few of the reforms acts etc haha, what my extended response was on :smile: loved that stuff!

I hated british democracy, I think my extended essay was like how democrat it was by 1928. I don't particularly like the politics bit but they were the easier questions. :smile:
I hated british democracy, I think my extended essay was like how democrat it was by 1928. I don't particularly like the politics bit but they were the easier questions. :smile:

I have no idea why i enjoyed it so much haha! Nearly everyone i've spoke to said they hated the democracy stuff. Awh well, each to our own! Long as i don't have to study Lincoln/the American Civil War i'll be ecstatic haha!
Is anyone staying in AKD?
Original post by scottish19
Is anyone staying in AKD?

I am! :smile: 2/03W you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by american_rachel
I am! :smile: 2/03W you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

4/18W :biggrin:
I've firmed my conditional for Law (LLB) :happy2: just a little bit excited...:wink:
4/18W :biggrin:

Aw I'll probably see you about then :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Confirmed for Biology, and I live about half an hours walk away from the uni campus so I know my way around :smile:

A pity I won't be in halls and getting to meet everyone, but could be worse!
Original post by ClaireDelaney
Aw I'll probably see you about then :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :smile: what you studying?
Yeah :smile: what you studying?

Journalism studies, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BooksOfWonder
I went in the English Studies department, then on the right in the modules section, and then I've selected the mandatory module and it downloaded itself :wink:

Are you doing English Studies too?

Is this on Suceed or the university website? I have found an undergraduate handbook but haven't seen a reading list yet.

Has anyone heard anything back from SAAS yet? Checked application process on Friday and evidently it has been processed so might hear next week.

Quick Reply

Latest