The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Accommodation 2013

Hi guys, just wondering what accommodation everyone is applying to (I know applications aren't until June) I'm thinking south courts, but I've heard they're really quiet :confused: Are there any current students that could give some advice too?

(I've accepted Biomedical Science as my firm choice & will be at the Colchester campus)

Scroll to see replies

i think one of the towers i will be going for, apparently they are amazing :smile:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Im going to go for South Courts :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
i know what you mean! you want the social life but the luxury of having your own bathroom :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by foodnom
i know what you mean! you want the social life but the luxury of having your own bathroom :colondollar:

It's just the sharing a toilet with 4 and a shower with 8! I wouldn't mind too much if u shared a shower with 3 or 4, but 8! The thing about south courts that puts me off is that apparently it's all the quiet people that live there :/
Reply 5
Original post by Confused_com
It's just the sharing a toilet with 4 and a shower with 8! I wouldn't mind too much if u shared a shower with 3 or 4, but 8! The thing about south courts that puts me off is that apparently it's all the quiet people that live there :/

that's what i heard! i've also heard that people often go to the towers for parties but then live in the courts so they get the best of both, but im still undecided
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm going for the towers :smile:
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
I'm going for the towers :smile:

heey what has made you opt for the towers??? which ones are you going for??
Original post by mickymouse1995
heey what has made you opt for the towers??? which ones are you going for??

They're cheap! Meant to be really good for parties and stuff too and I like the idea of living with quite a few people :h: Not sure yet :tongue: are you going for them too?
South Towers for me! I love to be social and I'm fine with sharing bathrooms. Plus they're dead cheap :biggrin:
That's if we ever manage sort out my SFE... :angry:
Reply 10
Original post by emthedrummer
South Towers for me! I love to be social and I'm fine with sharing bathrooms. Plus they're dead cheap :biggrin:
That's if we ever manage sort out my SFE... :angry:

Haha! SFE have been a nightmare :frown: & I think I put the wrong dates in for my loan because I won't be getting it until 3rd October, earliest, but I can't be bother messing about with it all again, so ill just have to live off my savings for a bit!
Haha! SFE have been a nightmare :frown: & I think I put the wrong dates in for my loan because I won't be getting it until 3rd October, earliest, but I can't be bother messing about with it all again, so ill just have to live off my savings for a bit!

Ugh, it's so annoying! You'd think they'd make a bloody website that actually works. In the end I rang up and just asked for a form... what a bunch of *******, makes me dead glad our accommodation application doesn't open for a while!
Hi guys !!

I'm a first year at the moment living in south courts and I would defo recommend it. I live in Harwich court which is the big circle one so it's no where near as quite as people make out .. there is a social life here don't worry .. however I have heard that some of the other courts are quieter but it depends what you need tbh. Towers is definitely party central from what I've heard however anyone having any doubts about sharing bathrooms.... spend that bit more for south courts or the houses as I have heard they can be dirty. The houses I would say are the quietest on campus as I have never heard any noise there when walking near it however I haven't been at pre drinks there or anything and finally Quays?? That walk is a lot longer that you think !!!!! Any questions about any other aspects of Essex I'll be happy to answer :smile: I'm studying law, originally from Ireland so know what's like to be away from home and living in south courts. I 'll also be living in Rowhedge Court next year if any of you get sorted there :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Emeraldeyes
Hi guys !!

I'm a first year at the moment living in south courts and I would defo recommend it. I live in Harwich court which is the big circle one so it's no where near as quite as people make out .. there is a social life here don't worry .. however I have heard that some of the other courts are quieter but it depends what you need tbh. Towers is definitely party central from what I've heard however anyone having any doubts about sharing bathrooms.... spend that bit more for south courts or the houses as I have heard they can be dirty. The houses I would say are the quietest on campus as I have never heard any noise there when walking near it however I haven't been at pre drinks there or anything and finally Quays?? That walk is a lot longer that you think !!!!! Any questions about any other aspects of Essex I'll be happy to answer :smile: I'm studying law, originally from Ireland so know what's like to be away from home and living in south courts. I 'll also be living in Rowhedge Court next year if any of you get sorted there :smile:

That's really reasuring! I think I'll go for the south courts then :smile: if u don't mind me asking, how did you find freshers week at essex?
That's really reasuring! I think I'll go for the south courts then :smile: if u don't mind me asking, how did you find freshers week at essex?

I found it really good :smile: I'm not much of a drinker but I still go out and both nights I went out I loved !! They get good headliners and the music is really varied so it suits everyone :smile: The atmosphere on campus that week was awesome and you settle in really quickly :smile: You get a few lecturers to go to in the day and then the rest of the days are yours for looking round the many stalls in the squares and then of course getting ready for nights out :smile:
Reply 15
I found it really good :smile: I'm not much of a drinker but I still go out and both nights I went out I loved !! They get good headliners and the music is really varied so it suits everyone :smile: The atmosphere on campus that week was awesome and you settle in really quickly :smile: You get a few lecturers to go to in the day and then the rest of the days are yours for looking round the many stalls in the squares and then of course getting ready for nights out :smile:

Thank you for the reply :smile: and it's good to hear people enjoyed freshers and managed to settle in quickly :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16

I've just realised I've sent u the same thing on two forums, sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Harwich court 13.1 E, where's everyone else? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Im in the william morris tower wm4/1
Reply 19
Harwich Court 4/B :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending