The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5820
Original post by Malevolent
No it will hurt like made and because of how hard QB throw it would most likely bounce straight off. Only collect it like that in screen passes where your completely open and have time. Its hard at first getting used to catching with your "fingers" not the palms of your hand but after a while you should get used to it.

definitely Double dip Wide Receivers. 1 Cornerback. Nah not DT we got Tommy Kelly and Armstead. DL perhaps but i would rather we just sign Abraham. TE/OL maybe?

Hopefully get used to it pretty quickly. Really looking forward to it now! Still awaiting their damn reply though :colonhash:

Aye, need double on the WR. Problem with TE is the fact I still live in hope that one day Gronk and Hernandez will one day stay fit, crazy I know :laugh:

OL is normally alright, although competition for places is always good, make them play at their best! The safer Brady is, the chance of us reaching any heights this year are safe! And looking at the injury possibilities and problems, that's a must...
Original post by R-KAM
Hopefully get used to it pretty quickly. Really looking forward to it now! Still awaiting their damn reply though :colonhash:

Aye, need double on the WR. Problem with TE is the fact I still live in hope that one day Gronk and Hernandez will one day stay fit, crazy I know :laugh:

OL is normally alright, although competition for places is always good, make them play at their best! The safer Brady is, the chance of us reaching any heights this year are safe! And looking at the injury possibilities and problems, that's a must...

When your practicing catching like by yourself do it without gloves (if you have a pair) Get used to catching without gloves because in dry weather gloves help but once they get wet and its rainy/muddy its down to your catching ability really. Could just pop down and wow them with your athletic ability :tongue:

Yeah we need two WR, seems ages ago we had Gronk and A Hern healthy and we were tearing defenses apart :moon:

OL we need someone to replace Conally as starter which i think Cannon could do since i think hes more of a guard then a tackle. I think we are gonna pick up the honey badger.
Reply 5822
When your practicing catching like by yourself do it without gloves (if you have a pair) Get used to catching without gloves because in dry weather gloves help but once they get wet and its rainy/muddy its down to your catching ability really. Could just pop down and wow them with your athletic ability :tongue:

Yeah we need two WR, seems ages ago we had Gronk and A Hern healthy and we were tearing defenses apart :moon:

OL we need someone to replace Conally as starter which i think Cannon could do since i think hes more of a guard then a tackle. I think we are gonna pick up the honey badger.

Sorry… Practice catching by yourself…? Am I missing something? :tongue: That I could! Aren’t you a sweet talker :flutter: They got back to me! Training on Sunday! Woo! I've to bring a gum shield eh.... Not got long to practice throwing...

That’s because it pretty much was :laugh: ****ing depressing so it is :emo:

It does sound like a Pats draft. Take him in, nurture him into a quality player. I’d not complain!
Original post by R-KAM
Sorry… Practice catching by yourself…? Am I missing something? :tongue: That I could! Aren’t you a sweet talker :flutter: They got back to me! Training on Sunday! Woo! I've to bring a gum shield eh.... Not got long to practice throwing...

That’s because it pretty much was :laugh: ****ing depressing so it is :emo:

It does sound like a Pats draft. Take him in, nurture him into a quality player. I’d not complain!

Woohoo :woo: Good luck!

Yup you definitely need a gumshield. I mean like if you have someone who can throw to you its good :laugh:

I wonder if anyone bites on Mallet for a trade.
Reply 5824
Think the second round could go one of 2 ways tonight, either all 3 highly ranked QBs come off the board in the first 10 or none of them come off the board in the whole round.
Jaguars Geno is there if ya want him :colone:
Reply 5826
Woohoo :woo: Good luck!

Yup you definitely need a gumshield. I mean like if you have someone who can throw to you its good :laugh:

I wonder if anyone bites on Mallet for a trade.

Thank you! Going to be fun! Will buy a few new balls after work tonight and toss them round the park at a target of some sort for an hour or so!

Hahaha, I thought so! Just the way you said it :laugh: Running long for my own pass? :tongue:

Get a mate out Saturday to practice with.

Haha, I don't see it happening, would be pretty sweet if we could get something for him though. Two years under Brady might tempt someone :ninja:

Original post by R-KAM
Thank you! Going to be fun! Will buy a few new balls after work tonight and toss them round the park at a target of some sort for an hour or so!

Hahaha, I thought so! Just the way you said it :laugh: Running long for my own pass? :tongue:

Get a mate out Saturday to practice with.

Haha, I don't see it happening, would be pretty sweet if we could get something for him though. Two years under Brady might tempt someone :ninja:

I dunno I can see someone falling for Mallett. I don't want to lose him though. Talks people might even want Jeff Demps.

Good idea. Practice is the best thing.
Reply 5828
I dunno I can see someone falling for Mallett. I don't want to lose him though. Talks people might even want Jeff Demps.

Good idea. Practice is the best thing.

I had to google him, surely not? :laugh:

They say it makes perfect :wink2:
Original post by R-KAM
I had to google him, surely not? :laugh:

They say it makes perfect :wink2:

Hes got game breaking speed its the fact he wants to run for USA as well.

Mhmm it does :tongue:
Reply 5830
Hes got game breaking speed its the fact he wants to run for USA as well.

Mhmm it does :tongue:

I guess, just seems silly though. No surprise seeing he was on injury reserve :laugh:
Original post by R-KAM
I guess, just seems silly though. No surprise seeing he was on injury reserve :laugh:

Yeah. He did play for the Gators so hes not like a athletic freak that wants to try NFL like Lawrence Okaye. Who knows maybe Raiders still love their speed demons :colone:
Man some horrendous picks yesterday. Manuel, Cowboys pick was laughable as well.
Love the Ogletree pick at 30. Made purely because we have Kaepernick and Wilson in our division and we need an athletic LB who can just chase the **** out of them. Mayock said he was top 10 in terms of talent too, so that's a bonus.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Scott129
Love the Ogletree pick at 30. Made purely because we have Kaepernick and Wilson in our division and we need an athletic LB who can just chase the **** out of the them. Mayock said he was top 10 in terms of talent too, so that's a bonus.

Problem is he misses a crap ton of tackles. Definitely a player for sub packages but definitely to counter Wilson and Kaepernick.
(edited 10 years ago)
Problem is he misses a crap ton of tackles. Definitely a player for sub packages but definitely to counter Wilson and Kaepernick.

Yeah, I've heard that about him. It's weird but, from what I've read, he seems to be the most polarizing player in the draft. Some think he's top 10 (Mayock), others think he's hugely overrated and shouldn't be anywhere near the first round. Fisher will get the best out of him though, no doubt about that. He always does with the "character concern" guys.

What did you think to you guys trading down? Can't believe how many picks you got from the Vikings, especially when you look at the Raiders, who only got an extra second rounder for moving down 9 places :eek:
Original post by Scott129
Yeah, I've heard that about him. It's weird but, from what I've read, he seems to be the most polarizing player in the draft. Some think he's top 10 (Mayock), others think he's hugely overrated and shouldn't be anywhere near the first round. Fisher will get the best out of him though, no doubt about that. He always does with the "character concern" guys.

What did you think to you guys trading down? Can't believe how many picks you got from the Vikings, especially when you look at the Raiders, who only got an extra second rounder for moving down 9 places :eek:

I like the move because you need someone out there to chase down Wilson and Kaepernick since Laurinitis isn't exactly a speedy person :tongue: Hes a coverage person not a run stuffer which is what you guys need. Atlanta i think were rather silly trading down since i think Trufant would have been there!

Vikings got their man, hes raw but they got their man they wanted. We got what we wanted which was more picks. This draft is deep and not filled with RG3's, Luck, Calvin Johnsons and such so I'm thrilled we got that. Maybe they gave slightly too much for 29 but still :colone:

Hoping we trade up to get Hunter. Also want Darius Slay badly.
(edited 10 years ago)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1618598-the-five-stages-of-geno-smiths-sad-face-at-the-2013-nfl-draft/page/6

Man these pictures make me feel sorry for the guy.

Hear he will be in the house tonight.
Reply 5838
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1618598-the-five-stages-of-geno-smiths-sad-face-at-the-2013-nfl-draft/page/6

Man these pictures make me feel sorry for the guy.

Hear he will be in the house tonight.

Does make you feel a bit sad, poor guy. Teams might be getting some good QBs at a later round tho!
Original post by R-KAM
Does make you feel a bit sad, poor guy. Teams might be getting some good QBs at a later round tho!

His agent apparently told him the bad press he was getting to get him to come back but it was silly of him to leave. He should have stayed and looked at like the camera and said every team who passed on him will regret it and play with that chip on his shoulder.

But saying that i can understand why, hes lost out on a lot of money, embarrassed badly on national TV.

Latest