The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5840
Original post by Malevolent
His agent apparently told him the bad press he was getting to get him to come back but it was silly of him to leave. He should have stayed and looked at like the camera and said every team who passed on him will regret it and play with that chip on his shoulder.

But saying that i can understand why, hes lost out on a lot of money, embarrassed badly on national TV.

Aye, wrong attitude to show. Do as you just said. Perfect response to it.

What's the difference in contracts between first and second round? Big aye?
Original post by R-KAM

Not actually sure but i think its quite a big difference. Hence why people were annoyed when Matt Barkley stayed 1 year extra when if he did declare last year he would have been surefire first round now hes not and lost out on millions.

Yup wrong attitude for a guy who people already labelled with character concerns.

http://rulingsports.com/2012/04/25/the-structure-of-nfl-rookie-contracts/ this explains it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Jaguars Geno is there if ya want him :colone:

I don't want him. I'd rather get people on defence and either make do with what we have at QB or try and get someone with a little proven pedigree then draft a franchise QB next year.
Original post by TheMagicRat
I don't want him. I'd rather get people on defence and either make do with what we have at QB or try and get someone with a little proven pedigree then draft a franchise QB next year.

I agree. I don't think any of the QB's this year are any good. Wait for next year which has some good caliber QB's.
Reply 5845
Milliner on facing Tom Brady: "I hope I get my hands on a couple of his balls and take them back."

hmmmmmm......
Original post by ..DT..
Milliner on facing Tom Brady: "I hope I get my hands on a couple of his balls and take them back."

hmmmmmm......

Hahaha typical Jets players :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really hope Minter falls to the Texans today. I hear they have a ton of interest and would get him without second thought if he's there when they are on the clock. That being said, Arthur Brown is still on the board as well... and if those don't work out, maybe one of the many excellent NTs that didn't go in the first. In the third round, I wouldn't mind Chase Thomas if we don't get a pass rusher in the 2nd. That kid is a little overlooked because of his lack of athleticism, but he's is productive, and the Texans like that. We also met with him IIRC, so if he's there in the 3rd, I could imagine we'd grab him.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by R-KAM

http://overthecap.com/nfl-rookie-salary-cap.php
Not sure about the Honey Badger anymore apparently he skipped interviews with the Seahawks and Texans...
Aaron Rodgers is about to get paid. Green Bay and him supposedly agreed on contract extension.

5 yr $110m, $40m in the first year!

$62.5 over first 3 years

Flacco got $62 in first 3 years (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :laugh: )
Ahh some of these made me chuckle :laugh:

20822_528904800489546_430404945_n.png

551488_530390277007665_427337049_n.png

575362_530507963662563_1852917049_n.png
Reply 5852
Aaron Rodgers is about to get paid. Green Bay and him supposedly agreed on contract extension.

5 yr $110m, $40m in the first year!

$62.5 over first 3 years

Flacco got $62 in first 3 years (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :laugh: )

HOLY GOD!!!!

Does that trump Peyton's salary?
Original post by 419
HOLY GOD!!!!

Does that trump Peyton's salary?

Its the highest in the NFL now. Rightly so but with Matthews contract and Rodgers thats like more then a quarter of the cap space on two players :laugh:
Damn Slay and Hunter already gone, bad start for my wish list...

Teo finally goes at 38
Reply 5855
That jacket :coma:

GTY_167507450_55555649-1024x800.jpg
Reply 5856
Geno Smith going to the Jets, finally got off the board:tongue:
Reply 5857
Oh dear. DEM JETS.
Reply 5858
And the Jets draft Geno Smith!!!! Hahahaha media frenzy ensues!
Geno Smith to Jets LOL what the hell are the Jets thinking. WR Sucks, OL sucks, TE sucks and they go with QB :laugh:

Latest