The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So Schurrle is practically a done deal according to his agent. May get confirmation this weekend.
Original post by jam277
Not even, if dortmund won it AC will still be above dortmund as it's a 5 year coefficient.

I didnt mean seeds, I meant places wrt to Dortmund. If Dortmund get to the final get another point. Not sure if it includes the point they have for being in the semi as if not and they get to the final, they will move up a place. They will still be 3rd / 4th (most probably) seeds depending on who qualifies.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1362
Original post by Isometrix
So Schurrle is practically a done deal according to his agent. May get confirmation this weekend.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8672354/Transfer-News-Andre-Schurrle-deal-to-Chelsea-gets-closer

Yeah, looks like KDB will be moving the other way on loan though :frown:. I really wanted him to play next season.
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/04/26/hat-trick-chelsea-close-in-on-66m-strike-pair-as-jose-mourinho-looks-set-for-blues-return-report/

Why the **** are we going for Falcao AND Gomez? Could we not get a rumour regarding a midfielder instead?
Reply 1364
Y'know I should be grateful the ref gave that penalty I won 15 quid betting there would be a penalty and we would score in both half's.

I know it's a super crap reason but Sven Bender has always done really well for me on football manager, much better than Mikel anyway :P
Reply 1365
Don't think Lamps is going to make the record... It'll be sad if he doesn't.

Original post by Musester
I know it's a super crap reason but Sven Bender has always done really well for me on football manager, much better than Mikel anyway :P

He's a great player, but sadly he also spends a lot of time injured each season.
Reply 1366
If we end up crashing out of the race for top 4 we should just play "Pass the ball to Lamps and let him shoot" until the end of the season. Bound to get his goals that way, even if we get hammered overall. May as well go out in style :bhangra:
Reply 1367
We need more penalties when he's on the pitch. Last one we had was v Steau.
Reply 1368
the newspapers are saying lots of things on chelsea. 1 is a deal to bring mourinho and falcao is virtually done, and then it also says we've also done a deal to get shurrle. doubt we would buy both falcao and shurrle, shurrle right now seems more believable. mourinho may come back but the papers said this months ago too.

mikel like kalou last season gives the ball away too easily by bad passes or ball taken off him and doesnt make any good passes offensively. we should definately sell him. gettin another claude makelele would be great on top of a striker which we will because we must.
Reply 1369
I wonder how many shots Lamps would have if he was one off the record last game of the season. Probably be shooting from the half way line
Does anyone know what effect, if any, two German sides getting into the final will have on us? With the decline of English teams in the UCL compared with the German's increasing dominance, will they get our 4th spot?

Would that even happen this season or does it need to be for a longer period?
Original post by StephenNaulls
Does anyone know what effect, if any, two German sides getting into the final will have on us? With the decline of English teams in the UCL compared with the German's increasing dominance, will they get our 4th spot?

Would that even happen this season or does it need to be for a longer period?

germany already have four spots in the champions league....
Reply 1372
Making duplicate accounts to say the exact same things and get shirty when someone disagrees sounds like the actions of someone with a disability. Seriously, another forum that I was on had a guy who started a thread saying his gf had died, he got loads of sympathy, then a few weeks later a "friend" of his said that they had found him dead and then loads of bs came up that it was fake because nobody with his name etc ever lived/died, pictures he claimed where him were just taken from google images.

Anyway a few months later somebody from the same town/same favourite team and player turned up.

Probably this ballsack guy aha.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
germany already have four spots in the champions league....

Oh okay... that's awkward.

I heard people talking about it, but it's good to know it isn't true!
Reply 1374
Oh okay... that's awkward.

I heard people talking about it, but it's good to know it isn't true!

Wouldn't have to worry about that, England are top of the coefficient rankings. And Germany and Spain also have 4 teams eligible for the CL.

Wouldn't worry too much about Italy catching up any time soon.
Original post by Tweek
Wouldn't have to worry about that, England are top of the coefficient rankings. And Germany and Spain also have 4 teams eligible for the CL.

Wouldn't worry too much about Italy catching up any time soon.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/index.html

La Liga is top of the coefficients and isnt going to be caught anytime soon.
Reply 1376
Original post by CB91
http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/index.html

La Liga is top of the coefficients and isnt going to be caught anytime soon.

How are they not going to get caught any time soon?

They only overtook England last year, It only takes one good season by English clubs in the CL/EL and a poor one by Spain and we're top again...

On a side note, just as expected, Scotland have crashed down the rankings with the absence of Rangers, down 6 places.
Reply 1377
Original post by The Assassin
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/04/26/hat-trick-chelsea-close-in-on-66m-strike-pair-as-jose-mourinho-looks-set-for-blues-return-report/

Why the **** are we going for Falcao AND Gomez? Could we not get a rumour regarding a midfielder instead?
Wouldn't mind us going for Gomez, at least then we'd get to use the Gomez Button. No point in getting both Gomez and Falcao though.

United could be still be in the semis to be fair, we were quite unlucky to not make it through the group stages (highest ever points for 3rd in a group IIRC) and Arsenal did very well to beat Bayern 2-0 away, so it's not all bad news.

Give it a season or two and English football will be back to its former glory IMO. United are already strong, City just flopped and I think Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham are all just a few top quality signings away from being a lot more dangerous in both the EPL and CL, provided they can keep their players.
Original post by Nickini
Wouldn't mind us going for Gomez, at least then we'd get to use the Gomez Button.

Epic! Tempted to blast that with full volume out my window :tongue:
Reply 1379
Chalobah's goal. :coma:

Latest