The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jina
1400 at mine! Imagine it, 1400 girls! Everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:daydreaming:
Reply 6421
Just scrolled through this page of the thread quickly and I thought you guys were talking about something else...

xD
Original post by Vionar
We don't have a sixth form, and that number was quite exact because I was reading the school's OFSTED report yesterday! :ahee:

Cleverer is perfectly acceptable...

How tiny?

Cool :tongue: how did it do?

Thank you!
Original post by Bluffroom
You are probably still cleverer than me - what are your predicted grades?

Also you missed one of my questions on the other page.

Answered it now :tongue: missed it
and:
Maths: A* (One off overall - resitting)
English: B
Biology: A
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
History: A (hopefully, it'll be difficult)
French: B
Business Studies: A (Scraped an A on my first exam 39/40 on Cousework :biggrin:)
IT: PASS
RS: A
Original post by Vionar
:ninjagirl: That must be horrific! :tongue:

Smaller than mine, but by only about a your sized year group!

Meh, oh well :tongue: I know everyone
Original post by MattFletcher
1200! But it's split-site, so there's two 'sites' one of which used to be an old grammar schools, for KS3, and KS4 and 6th Form are down the road! It's nice being separated from the Year 7s though :tongue: about 150 going to the college down the road. 50 doing vocational courses, about 80 are staying at the 6th form and the rest elsewhere (including me! :biggrin:)

Fair enough ours is just secondary, from Secondary 1(year 8) to Secondary 6(year 13) and it only has about 800 people. That's quite a big chunk leaving then, we usually start with ~ 150 people in S1 and end up having ~70 people in S6. Are you moving to a different city for college - urgh this word bugs me because I always think of the American meaning first - ?

My smallest grade(year) I have ever been in was in my school in Saudi, only 25 people were in it.
Reply 6426
Original post by Vionar
:ninjagirl: That must be horrific! :tongue:

Smaller than mine, but by only about a your sized year group!

It is :frown: Got called to go be present during a confrontation today - dunno why they call me first. -_- Then this year 9 girl had such a dirty mouth - blah hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
1200!!!!!!!!!!! That's massive! We have about 969! in the whole school, and the school capacity is 980! In our year there are under 200, but that is more than Princepieman!

Check the edit :wink: Missed out a year (and I'm not including 6th form because it isn't that big). 5 years, 300 apiece
Back from swimming

Using the TSR app ~ Smile, you are amazing!
Original post by Jina
Hey Prince!!!!!!! Guess what, i found out my friends nephews name is Prince! Bet you loved that fact!
How was ye exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo! Let the Princes of the world unite! It would be cool if he had an american accent too.

They were fine, but a few questions stump ed me on the general paper - like: Describe what is meant by the bytes stored in the memory section of the processor? It's just really badly worded questions such as that, which really ruin my confidence.
Sorry I missed the question! :tongue: and yep since late year nine :frown:, I trusted people, that turned out to be an experience at least, it spread around in the 5 minute interval between lessons 3 and 4, and the subsequent lesson and lunch. It's sad because everyone's so judgemental, people can't fathom different sexualities whatsoever (due to a mixture of their upbringing from parents who didn't give one, and being ******* idiots), and I got abuse pretty much every day, for quite a while. it's a nice area, but the children are idiots, by 2 years it's started to die down, but I still get some abuse on regular occasions, and with there being noone else in my year who has come out, nobody knows what it's like (one's gay two years below us - but he's like the definition of 'Facebook ****** and I don't like him, he uploaded a video[Apparently I'm not his friend] coming out to his parents in an Aldi) and nobody to date either, I feel like ridiculously alone in love terms (Bar people on the internet). :cry: but yeah, at least at college I'm hoping someone will be.

That sucks - I know exactly what you mean. I feel for you man :hugs: - that's awful you got so much ****. I'm happy it's going down for you. I am always just thinking about coming out but there is that issue there which you have brought up which is keeping me from doing so.

"(x)"
Yeah i hate these people.

I feel alone too, I want to have a boyfriend :sad: :hugs: - I am thinking though - I might as well be out in 6th form but whether I should do it now, in summer during the holidays or actually next year but I just dno when I should. :sigh:

There is never a perfect time.
Original post by Vionar

Cleverer is perfectly acceptable...

It..just doesn't sound right to me - my bad
Answered it now :tongue: missed it
and:
Maths: A* (One off overall - resitting)
English: B
Biology: A
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
History: A (hopefully, it'll be difficult)
French: B
Business Studies: A (Scraped an A on my first exam 39/40 on Cousework :biggrin:)
IT: PASS
RS: A

Nice!

Maths A* here - i have no resit, I'm doing Linear.
English A
English Lit A*
Biology A
Physics A/A*
Chemistry A - completed
History A*
French A/A* - most likely high A
Geography A/A* - most likely very top A
Spanish A* but because of ****ing up my writings (because I am llanito - well a bad one at that as I haven't spoken in it in general frequent conversation for years and i kept writing in french/english too -.-) I might fall to an A but w/e lol I'll just ace the A-level hopefully instead.
RS A*
IT - A* but I probs will get an A as I cba with the exams. High A*s in my coursework which manages to count for virtually **** all.
Original post by Princepieman

lol your bad.
That sucks - I know exactly what you mean. I feel for you man :hugs: - that's awful you got so much ****. I'm happy it's going down for you. I am always just thinking about coming out but there is that issue there which you have brought up which is keeping me from doing so.

"(x)"
Yeah i hate these people.

I feel alone too, I want to have a boyfriend :sad: :hugs: - I am thinking though - I might as well be out in 6th form but whether I should do it now, in summer during the holidays or actually next year but I just dno when I should. :sigh:

There is never a perfect time.

nope, there never is. :hugs:Hence why I'm kind of glad I did it, because I'd never have found the right time, or the right way. I haven't told my parents - even though I know for a fact they wouldn't care (My Dad's family would, but he'd have a right go at them for it:smug:). My dad even e-mailed our MP asking what he voted on the gay marriage referendum a few months ago, and constantly has a go whenever politicians or religious people degrade it. And my mum is difficult to get mad, so it's all good. It's just the awkward moment of sitting them down etc. Just need a boyfriend doe, and if I talked about them enough (I don't have much of a social life outside of school) they'd probably take the hint. And yeah, 16 years, no boyfriend #JusticeForFletcher It has to come at one point. And yeah, I'd wait till 6-form, get to know people (the ones you don't already) and then they wont judge you purely on your sexuality, there's two 'houses' in our years, and in year 10 they get mixed up 'so I still didn't know over 100 people in the year, and yeah people didn't know me for anything else :frown:. BUT, if you come out earlier, and you find someone just after the exams, you can have that cute summer relationship with someone :wink::cute:
Reply 6435
Check the edit :wink: Missed out a year (and I'm not including 6th form because it isn't that big). 5 years, 300 apiece

That's still massive! We have less than two hundred in each year for five years!

I am always just thinking about coming out but there is that issue there which you have brought up which is keeping me from doing so.

Me two :frown:

Original post by Princepieman

It's fine, but it's correct to say it either way!
Reply 6436
Cool :tongue: how did it do?

Thank you!

Not too well, overall it got a 3 (unsatisfactory), but some things had ones (outstanding). There is a BBC London news report about the school from 2008, and I recognise two teachers from it!

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Meh, oh well :tongue: I know everyone

I think I'd prefer a smaller school anyway!

Original post by Jina
It is :frown: Got called to go be present during a confrontation today - dunno why they call me first. -_- Then this year 9 girl had such a dirty mouth - blah hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's almost like a ritual if you say it like that! Before I read it properly, I thought it was some sort of special ceremony! You seem like the best person to call!
Year nines! what about year sevens! It won't be too long until year sevens are getting pregnant!
Nice!

Maths A* here - i have no resit, I'm doing Linear.
English A
English Lit A*
Biology A
Physics A/A*
Chemistry A - completed
History A*
French A/A* - most likely high A
Geography A/A* - most likely very top A
Spanish A* but because of ****ing up my writings (because I am llanito - well a bad one at that as I haven't spoken in it in general frequent conversation for years and i kept writing in french/english too -.-) I might fall to an A but w/e lol I'll just ace the A-level hopefully instead.
RS A*
IT - A* but I probs will get an A as I cba with the exams. High A*s in my coursework which manages to count for virtually **** all.

I feel like a retard on here because everyone has like A/A* in everything :frown: and I'm aiming for 2 High B's in English Lang& Lit and a B in french. And isn't Linear like incredibly easy? :wink: We have a few in our Set doing it

Oh and I'm doing a Further Maths Level 3 FSMQ (Equates to an AS Level) but we don't have enough time to study the full course, so I'm aiming for as high as possible
Reply 6438
My dad even e-mailed our MP asking what he voted on the gay marriage referendum a few months ago, and constantly has a go whenever politicians or religious people degrade it.

Your dad sounds so nice! I was planning on emailing my MP to ask why he voted against it, and then have a go at him (in a proper, debate-y way).
Reply 6439
Original post by Vionar

It's almost like a ritual if you say it like that! Before I read it properly, I thought it was some sort of special ceremony! You seem like the best person to call!
Year nines! what about year sevens! It won't be too long until year sevens are getting pregnant!

Lol its weird, they find me even though I have nothing to do with the argument. I just make them apologise and make sure it stays harmonious. Haha PC jina!
Ahhahaa year 7's are baaadd... How do they do it? They're so brave! Year 10's are acting like the year 11's don exist and think they rule the school. Can't wait till they're released into the real world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest