The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Adult Nursing Degree students?

Hey :smile:

I'm new to the student forum! haha recommended by a friend because I wanted to see if I could chat to some people who will also be studying Adult Nursing at King's College September 2013? Be great to meet some people who (hopefully) I'll be working with :P

Amy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I've been given an offer to do Bsc (hons) Adult Nursing (:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by mullkp

Awesome! have you put it as your firm choice then? I can't wait! :smile:
Original post by mullkp

I received my Unconditional offer a few days ago! SO looking forward to being back in London! Can't wait for September. :biggrin:

Well done to everyone who got an offer too!
Reply 4
Hey! Yes I have firmed my offer.. Now just worrying about accommodation as I have completed a year of higher education. I'm wondering if I'll be lower on the priority list, which may prove a problem as living in Cornwall I need accommodation.
Reply 5
Original post by Flabbergastra
I received my Unconditional offer a few days ago! SO looking forward to being back in London! Can't wait for September. :biggrin:

Well done to everyone who got an offer too![/I

If you don't mind me asking but what grades are you accepting???x
I might be!
Original post by jemiloju
If you don't mind me asking but what grades are you accepting???x

You mean from my A levels?

Uh, I got ABB. I did them two years ago. I was doing another degree prior to this one so, I already had my grades etc. Just had to do the selection day and the tests, etc.

:biggrin:
Original post by mullkp
Hey! Yes I have firmed my offer.. Now just worrying about accommodation as I have completed a year of higher education. I'm wondering if I'll be lower on the priority list, which may prove a problem as living in Cornwall I need accommodation.

I'm in the same boat as you!

I already did like two years of higher education so have a feeling that it might be difficult to get a place in halls. I am looking at other options too, jut in case.

Is a little worrying though!
Reply 9
Original post by Flabbergastra
I'm in the same boat as you!

I already did like two years of higher education so have a feeling that it might be difficult to get a place in halls. I am looking at other options too, jut in case.

Is a little worrying though!

What other options are you looking at!? I'm really worrying about it! Cause I still want to enjoy all the uni experience of halls again. Think it would really help with the settling into big city life (I come from a small town in Cornwall)
Original post by mullkp
What other options are you looking at!? I'm really worrying about it! Cause I still want to enjoy all the uni experience of halls again. Think it would really help with the settling into big city life (I come from a small town in Cornwall)

Uh, well there is the UoL housing website, which lets you look at a few places being offered by other students already in university. King's have a specific one I think so, makes it easier! I've been in London for a while so 'getting used to' I've already done but yeah, I get where you're coming from!

It would be easier/better in halls. It's more fun anyway and everyone is there for Freshers. After this year I can live/handle pretty much anywhere! After what I've experienced. Lol.

In the downloadable brochure they have a few alternative options for private renting or outside of halls etc... Take a look at it, sure it's in there, anyway!

http://www.studenthousing.lon.ac.uk/
I got an offer and firmed it too! Ah I'm so nervous about not knowing anyone and whether I'll meet the requires of my conditional offer! :s-smilie: fingers crossed! Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by JessicaLouise16
I got an offer and firmed it too! Ah I'm so nervous about not knowing anyone and whether I'll meet the requires of my conditional offer! :s-smilie: fingers crossed! Xxx

Don't be nervous (: none of us know each other so we're all in the same boat :biggrin: I'm really excited about it! Good luck with meeting your offer conditions (: xxx
I had the selection day the other day, just waiting now..
Reply 14
Original post by Lemon91

I'm new to the student forum! haha recommended by a friend because I wanted to see if I could chat to some people who will also be studying Adult Nursing at King's College September 2013? Be great to meet some people who (hopefully) I'll be working with :P

Amy

Hey I'm hoping to do Adult nursing at King's in September provided I get my grades. I'm so excited to have an offer, cannot wait to move to London! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by ploa19
Hey I'm hoping to do Adult nursing at King's in September provided I get my grades. I'm so excited to have an offer, cannot wait to move to London! :smile:

Hey, hope you get the grades! sorry for the late reply :P
Reply 16
Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply just been so busy these last few months! So hows everyone getting on? I've applied for Stamford Street apartments as my first choice for accommodation :smile: anyone else done the same? It's only a few months now so scary!
Original post by Lemon91

Amy

Hi! I received an offer from King's for Adult Nursing :smile: just hoping I will get the grades for it now. Really excited to move to London! And I've also applied for Stamford Street Apartments
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
I'm sure you'll get the grades! :smile: and woo! wonder how many nurses will be in that accommodation, although I do hope there is a good mix of other people, otherwise all we'll end up talking about it nursing haha!
Original post by Lemon91
I'm sure you'll get the grades! :smile: and woo! wonder how many nurses will be in that accommodation, although I do hope there is a good mix of other people, otherwise all we'll end up talking about it nursing haha!

I think there will be quite a lot because it's right opposite our building. But that building is also for pharmacy and midwifery students so there should be a mix :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest