The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hiya :smile:
I'm aiming for all a/a*!! Got 17 exams though, wbu??
at the moment, I'm doing 3 hours a night after school and about 12 on the weekends! Not having study leave, which I don't really mind tbh and im hoping to finish all gcse content by half term :smile: xx
Reply 21
Btw anyone doing ocr gateway b? With the thermal runaway, rollercoaster and starch controlled assessments? How did you find them and also any ideas on what the grade boundaries are, it's out of 48? Thanks :smile:
1) 11A*s
2) about an hour, sometimes 2
3) 3rd May (Friday but Thursday and Friday are half days)
4) about 3 a day
5) I have finished all content, so everything now is revision

1st exam is 13th May
20 exams -__-
Reply 23
Original post by Blake-inator
1) 11A*s
2) about an hour, sometimes 2
3) 3rd May (Friday but Thursday and Friday are half days)
4) about 3 a day
5) I have finished all content, so everything now is revision

1st exam is 13th May
20 exams -__-

wow 3rd May?! That's really early, isn't it? :smile:
Reply 24
Aiming for 1A* 6A's and 2B's
3 hours after school
No study leave unfortunately
On the weekend i do like 11am-4pm including breaks and then 6pm-11pm including my hour of dinner and tv time :biggrin:
Well im revising as i go along so yh this is already like solid revision if u must say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, only 11, but considering our first exam is 13th May, if ours was 24th May it would be quite bad! :tongue:
What grades are you aiming for in GCSE?
3 A*, 7 A, 1 B

How many hours are you going to revise on the weekdays after school?
Probably around 4-5 hours as long as there's no homework getting in the way (which it does and it annoys me). So far I've kept up to this and it seems that in the week because I've been at school I'm still in the "learning mode."

When do you get study leave?
24th May, which is ridiculous because I've done 12 of the 15 exams by then... I think they should start it around now. I know some people wouldn't use the time effectively because they'd just mess around, but for people like me that would, it'd be so much more useful (because the majority of things that I learn are when I'm at home.)

How many hours are you going to revise on the weekends?
Maybe around 6-7, I'm not too sure exactly how much I've done so far.

When are you aiming to finish all the gcse content and just do solid revision?
I've finished all the content now so I'm just revising. I finished quite a while ago, so I just tend to focus on the topics that I'm not as good at.
Reply 27
I've got 11 exams remaining.

I do about 2.5 hours of revision a day (still don't think it's enough!)

Dunno when we get study leave, he have a new head teacher who hasn't said anything. But according to my IT teacher, it's when "students have finished the majority of their exams"

First exam is on the 14th May, Biology B3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
What grades are you aiming for in GCSE? 8A*s, rest A's and a c in German
How many hours are you going to revise on the weekdays after school? 1-2
When do you get study leave? 10th may
How many hours are you going to revise on the weekends? 2-3
when are you aiming to finish all the gcse content and just do solid revision? night before exam the way it's looking

Good luck guys!
Reply 29
Original post by Tronick
What grades are you aiming for in GCSE? 8A*s, rest A's and a c in German
How many hours are you going to revise on the weekdays after school? 1-2
When do you get study leave? 10th may
How many hours are you going to revise on the weekends? 2-3
when are you aiming to finish all the gcse content and just do solid revision? night before exam the way it's looking

Good luck guys!

wow, how many gcses are you getting overall then? :smile: and good luck to you too!
Reply 30

6as 5a*s

right now, end of april, with first of 11 exams on 13th may, I'm doing maximum of 4 minutes revision (basically glancing at a spanish vocab book) however, I think i'll properly get into revision mode and do like 4/5 hours solid revision p/night starting this week hopefully

We don't get it this year for the exact reason someone above said (last years people messed about, wasted time etc).

On the weekends now I do about 30 mins, but this week hoping to do 4 hours+ p/day.

I rarely care about what we cover in class. from the beginning of term I know everything that we need to cover in the specification and i generally cover it in 'revision' (more like studying). I've finished like all specifications except citizenship and english lit.

I'm a super procrastinator, but when exams get within sight i turn into the complete opposite, spending every waking hour revising. generally not the best way to go about things.
Reply 31
What grades are you aiming for in GCSE?
11A*s - Predicted 10A*'s with an A in Resistant Materials, but I got 70 out of 80 UMS in the exam last year, and 98 out of 100 in the coursework, so I think I might have cinched an A* :smile:
How many hours are you going to revise on the weekdays after school?
At the moment? About 1/2 an hour.
When do you get study leave?
13th May, when my first exam is.
How many hours are you going to revise on the weekends?
Couple of hours, maybe. I've got my practice Duke of Edinburgh expedition next weekend. Won't be revising then for sure.
When are you aiming to finish all the gcse content and just do solid revision?
Finished content for everything except History, English Language and Physics.
]

I'm aiming to get as many A*s as possible, but at the end of the day if I've tried my best there's nothing really I can do. I revise about 2-3 hours after school, and about 5-6 on the weekends (if I'm not being lazy :tongue:) My school is literally hammering in REVISE and EXAMS without any mention of study leave yet...I just have History and French to finish content in. Good luck to you and everyone else too! :smile:
Reply 33
What grades are you aiming for in GCSE? A*s, as many as I can get. Apart from in music, where it's almost impossible for me.

How many hours are you going to revise on the weekdays after school? Does the mountains of panic homework we're getting set count? If so I'd spend about 2-4 hours studying, or I'd feel guilty about not revising enough

When do you get study leave? 10th May, just 3 days before the first exam :frown:

How many hours are you going to revise on the weekends? As many as possible but I get distracted as we all do

when are you aiming to finish all the gcse content and just do solid revision? Before study leave I guess, we're behind on actual teaching in most subjects anyway
Hi there!

Aiming for 6A*2A2B

Two to three hours of revision per night.

Not getting it.

Four to five hours on the weekend, planning to do more on the weekends directly before specific exams, in which i'll focus on specific subjects all day. (Currently doing a bit of each and switching when I finish a unit or get bored.)

Finished already for most subjects, still doing some topics of physics p3 though.

Good luck everybody!
Reply 35
Try having 25 exams -.-
Original post by amiliaa
Try having 25 exams -.-

:eek: Ouch...Good luck!
Hello, i know advertising is not allowed, but i have a question. I would just want to know if anyone knows vedic math and interested to learn more. just doing a research on various platform.
Reply 38
I did nothing at all, got 13 A-C's and a distinction :biggrin:
Reply 39
I'm doing 15 GCSEs :/ Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending