The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Arsenal always have an annoying habit of trying to sign all my players on FiFA 07 and 11.

Original post by cheetahs56
Haha, at their age?:tongue:. Another reason i don't sell them- they have quality stats but as a result of their age you only get offered £1 million ish....

And i'm NOT ashamed to say I did get Beckham back for £300,000. :sigh: i'm too nostalgic....

I sold Nani to Spurs, got a decent offer for him and just replaced him with Reus who is quality:biggrin:

I think I got just over £1m which wasn't much in the grand scheme of things. One time I definitely regretted it considering I had 3 games in 2 days. Glitchy game gave me a league, League Cup final and a FA Cup game all on the same weekend. It regulary makes me play the league and FA Cup on the same day if I play 07. '11 I can't really remember as I play more as a player (where noone good wants me despite being at SC Freiberg and having stats in the 90s :iiam:)
Original post by SirMasterKey
Arsenal always have an annoying habit of trying to sign all my players on FiFA 07 and 11.

I think I got just over £1m which wasn't much in the grand scheme of things. One time I definitely regretted it considering I had 3 games in 2 days. Glitchy game gave me a league, League Cup final and a FA Cup game all on the same weekend. It regulary makes me play the league and FA Cup on the same day if I play 07. '11 I can't really remember as I play more as a player (where noone good wants me despite being at SC Freiberg and having stats in the 90s :iiam:)

Haha, the game is pretty stupid like that. On my 13 Career Barça signed Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli in the same transfer window :lolwut:. Mario Gomez moved to Chelsea, and then back to Bayern the following season:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3082
Sounds like the Glazer's have given SAF a substansial budget http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8674593/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-says-Manchester-United-will-spend-again-this-summer

"We possibly need two players. It depends. If a player came along who met our criteria we would push the boat out and get him, irrespective of how many players we have."

The one player I would really love at United is Bale. Almost a little sentimental, but he could take over the Welsh baton from Giggs. AVB has said Bale will stay at Spurs if they qualify for CL, if not there is a chance he could move. :beard:
lol West Ham fans to City "you're just a **** Man Utd!"
Reply 3084
Wenger reckons Carrick should be given the PFA PotY. Would any of you guys agree with this, and assert that he's been the main contributor to your success this season? :holmes:
Original post by Abiraleft
Wenger reckons Carrick should be given the PFA PotY. Would any of you guys agree with this, and assert that he's been the main contributor to your success this season? :holmes:

Carrick has been class this season for us, him and RvP are our best players for sure, either one of them winning the award would be fully deserved imo.
I'd prefer to give it to Carrick. They have both been great but Carrick has been ever present and vital to the team. RVP has been good too, but he's mainly be placed in there for his scoring, and we already have an award for that. As Wenger said, it would be nice to recognise the unsung heroes of success. I'm kind of gutted Rafael isn't in the running for an award, he's established himself this season, one of the best in the league IMO.
Original post by Abiraleft

Mata or Carrick should win it I reckon, Suarez or RVP will win it because it's normally a striker (and wasn't the voting done before the Suarez biting?).
I reckon Bale will win it, he's been phenomanal this year and is my favourite player in World Football right now.
I havte our defending in the first half of the year, Hart doesn't deserve more clean sheets than De Gea
Original post by Akkuz
Sounds like the Glazer's have given SAF a substansial budget http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8674593/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-says-Manchester-United-will-spend-again-this-summer

"We possibly need two players. It depends. If a player came along who met our criteria we would push the boat out and get him, irrespective of how many players we have."
:beard:

Doesn't he say this every year though. To be fair he went out and bought 2 of the most sought after/talented players Europe has to offer last season so no one can really complain. Although neither of them is a Central Midfielder.

I reckon we are braced to see Rooney in midfield next season, and I welcome that if it accomodates Kagawa and RvP too. I wouldn't be particularly bothered if we didn't sign anyone but I do think we are a midfielder short of pressing for European Glory again.

No solid targets out there though, maybe Strootman, and thats about it.
Reply 3091
Original post by Tommyjw
I havte our defending in the first half of the year, Hart doesn't deserve more clean sheets than De Gea

Hart's made 5 errors that have directly lead to a goal this season (including the one in his match just now). Where's his criticism from the media?

I do hope De Gea gets the Golden Glove award this season but he's 2 behind Hart and if you compare our upcoming fixtures with Man City's, it definitely looks like Hart will take the award once again.
Reply 3092
Original post by rickjames
Doesn't he say this every year though.

From what I remember he generally says he is happy with his squad and will only buy if it's at the right price. "Push the boat out" and "possibly need two players" is quite strong coming from him.
If we bought Bale it would be quite amusing looking at the previous player of the year winners.

RVP 12
Bale 11
Rooney 10
Giggs 09
Ronaldo 08
Hopefully it's a sign that Fergie is finally going to buy a CM that we desperate need to challenge in Europe.
Realistically I'm hoping for Lars Bender and Rodriguez to come in. Anderson to go to Porto as well.
Would be quite content if we just signed Bender tbh. Going to be an interesting summer for all the teams. Can't wait!
Original post by manchesterunited15
Mata or Carrick should win it I reckon, Suarez or RVP will win it because it's normally a striker (and wasn't the voting done before the Suarez biting?).

As great as Mata has been this year I think he's not done as well as suarez and RVP have. Bale too.
Notice the "need" part of Fergie's quote. He will definitely buy a midfielder, it is just the case of who and how much. You can tell this is the case as so many times we needed a fletcher type of player, he used Jones in the midfield. He also used Rooney in midfield, partly because he wants his star player to play every week, but also that cleverly just doesn't do it for him in that CM area. As Rooney links up the defence to attack more so than Cleverly.

I really think 'Push the boat out' is significant in terms of signing Bale. Did you also notice that in previous quotes about summer signings interview this year, he said that buying a player this summer 'depends whether we win the league' and find that a bit sketchy as He said this couple of weeks ago,when we had one game to win the title! I think he means it depends on where everyone else is in the league AFTER winning the league; mainly talking about Tottenham and Bale situation in the champions league. So I think that if Tottenham do not qualify for champions league, Fergie 'will push the boat' out to sign Bale.

Am I making to much of this..:colone:
(edited 10 years ago)
Torn between wanting a Spurs win so they get top 4, or a Wigan win for them to stay up :lol:

Think Spurs can get it if we beat Chelski anyway, so i'll go with the Latics....:tongue:
Original post by cheetahs56
Torn between wanting a Spurs win so they get top 4, or a Wigan win for them to stay up :lol:

Think Spurs can get it if we beat Chelski anyway, so i'll go with the Latics....:tongue:

Nah we want Spurs to finish 5th so Bale leaves :tongue:
Original post by manchesterunited15
Nah we want Spurs to finish 5th so Bale leaves :tongue:

Can't see Levy selling to us after Berbatov and Carrick.... I can only see GB going to Madrid- he'll hold out for £50 million at least.

And Boyce has just scored an own goal, so looks like they may get a winner and secure 4th:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest