The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accommodation Offers: Meet Those In Your Halls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex193
I didn't find out my exact room until I arrived. For student finance, I guess you'd just have to put broadgate park and then fill them in once you know for sure? Unless they run it differently and actually let you know exactly where you'll be beforehand :wink: Sorry I can't be of more help with the student finance, I get mine from the Dutch system so I'm not au fait with the UK one!

Super, thanks :smile: Is there like a 'questionnaire' to match you up with people similar or is it just random?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 521
I think its random :L
Reply 522
Original post by Lizzie232
Ensuite in SPC, so excited! :biggrin: Anyone know anything more about it??

Hey just wondering when you got that guarantor form did you have to get the actual signature of your guarantor? Thanks :smile:
Reply 523
Original post by placebo24
Super, thanks :smile: Is there like a 'questionnaire' to match you up with people similar or is it just random?

Original post by bheyev
I think its random :L

I got a questionnaire kinda thing, I think? It was a residence form (word document) that asked me my interests and what course I was doing - I assume that was to match people up better.
Finally i got my offer...hugh stewart....single study.....delighted
Reply 525
Original post by placebo24

Not for Uni Park, maybe for the self-catered? Not sure on that one, sorry :tongue:
Original post by Econ@Notts2ndyr

ME TOO :smile:
recieved an email saying 'We are happy to confirm we have passed your accommodation request to your preferred provider and they will be sending you further information re your offer of accommodation shortly'

Does that mean ive been offered it or what? :s-smilie:
Original post by Econ@Notts2ndyr

Original post by Lucyanne1995
ME TOO :smile:

Im in Hugh Stewart too, with shared ensuite :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alex193
What was the original question? :tongue: QUOTE]

Aha! Thanks! :smile:
Was just wondering if anyone has been to St Peters Court to see it? Is it nice? Advantages/disadvantages? It was the one place I didn't get to see on the open day! :rolleyes:
I just firmed and I applied there, I wanted Broadgate but the ensuites were all taken ! :frown::biggrin:
Reply 530
[QUOTE="smartieslover;42397305"]
Original post by alex193

Was just wondering if anyone has been to St Peters Court to see it? Is it nice? Advantages/disadvantages? It was the one place I didn't get to see on the open day! :rolleyes:
I just firmed and I applied there, I wanted Broadgate but the ensuites were all taken ! :frown::biggrin:

I've only seen SPC from the outside - it looks very modern! It's got its own gym which is a big plus. The video tour on the Notts website is also quite helpful!
Reply 531
[QUOTE="smartieslover;42397305"]
Original post by alex193

Same situation but st peters court seems really nice as well :smile:
Original post by mandem2k11
recieved an email saying 'We are happy to confirm we have passed your accommodation request to your preferred provider and they will be sending you further information re your offer of accommodation shortly'

Does that mean ive been offered it or what? :s-smilie:

bump
Original post by mandem2k11
bump

No, it doesn't sound like it. It basically implies they have sent your request to them, so you will have an offer there but they will get back to you on room/offer type :smile:
Original post by alex193

I've only seen SPC from the outside - it looks very modern! It's got its own gym which is a big plus. The video tour on the Notts website is also quite helpful!

I had a look on the virtual tour! It looks pretty alright but I just had to double check :wink:

Original post by MLogan

Same situation but st peters court seems really nice as well :smile:

WOO! In that case, roll on September! Have you got your room & block sorted yet?
What course you studying?

Btw guys, on the form it said we needed to make a payment at the end of August (for whatever accommodation we go for).. Was wondering how's this possible if studentfinace only pays us a week before our course starts? Sigh!
Original post by emilypsychology
No, it doesn't sound like it. It basically implies they have sent your request to them, so you will have an offer there but they will get back to you on room/offer type :smile:

Ok Thank you :smile:
Reply 536
I've already accepted Broadgate ensuite, but I'm kinda having second thoughts and I wanna change to St Peters Court... Anyone know how I can change?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cjexx
I've already accepted Broadgate ensuite, but I'm kinda having second thoughts and I wanna change to St Peters Court... Anyone know how I can change?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It say your best bet would be contact undergraduate accomdation service, they should be able to ponit you into the right direction

t: +44 (0)115 951 3697

Undergraduate email: [email protected]
Have both the ensuites AND the studios at BGP gone?
Reply 539
Original post by smartieslover
I had a look on the virtual tour! It looks pretty alright but I just had to double check :wink:

WOO! In that case, roll on September! Have you got your room & block sorted yet?
What course you studying?

Btw guys, on the form it said we needed to make a payment at the end of August (for whatever accommodation we go for).. Was wondering how's this possible if studentfinace only pays us a week before our course starts? Sigh!

No I haven't got those details in yet :| Only sent my guarantor form in today :smile: Im going to be studying Economics if i manage to get 3A's :| lol What about yourself? And i didn't think of that, how am i going to pay if student finance is only going to give me the funding later :| maybe its the deposit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending