The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6560
Good afternoon
Original post by Bluffroom
[video="youtube;3ROXTFfkcfo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ROXTFfkcfo[/video]
Watch this film. Its a scary mirror of society.

wow, a real eye opener.

Using the TSR app ~ Smile, you are amazing!
Original post by EduWiz
Good afternoon

Afternoon :h:
Original post by Olympiad
wow, a real eye opener.

The reverse of this happens to so many people it's unreal. If people who are homophobes and watch this don't manage to understand anything from it - they are ****ing stupid. It highlighted a major point about religion too and its part in homophobia which I thought was important. The girl in it did a great job!

The reverse of this happens to so many people it's unreal. If people who are homophobes and watch this don't manage to understand anything from it - they are ****ing stupid. It highlighted a major point about religion too and its part in homophobia which I thought was important. The girl in it did a great job!

She was amazing! Seriously, people need to watch this,
I don't understand what people gain from judging others. Feelings of being powerful, strong, important? Well you know what, none of that is going to help you in the future so get your act together and do something with your life rather than being a bully.

!

I don't know how this'll come across...

Don't you feel your whole life is revolving around being homosexual? It seems everything you find is dictated by it, and that it's your duty to have everyone accept and for everyone to have equal rights.

Yes, in an ideal world, but some people won't accept that. I think you should live your life, carry on, but not have everything stemming from it and it affecting everything?

I don't know to word it properly :s-smilie:
She was amazing! Seriously, people need to watch this,
I don't understand what people gain from judging others. Feelings of being powerful, strong, important? Well you know what, none of that is going to help you in the future so get your act together and do something with your life rather than being a bully.

It is good. Yeah, the amount of people you see in my town for example my mum and dad said were athletic/smart/popular and are now nobodies is astounding - people who do nothing achieve nothing.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I don't know how this'll come across...

Don't you feel your whole life is revolving around being homosexual? It seems everything you find is dictated by it, and that it's your duty to have everyone accept and for everyone to have equal rights.

Yes, in an ideal world, but some people won't accept that. I think you should live your life, carry on, but not have everything stemming from it and it affecting everything?

I don't know to word it properly :s-smilie:

No. But it's affected by it in areas of my life I would prefer it not to, and I have an outspoken view about it.

It seems everything you find is dictated by it, and that it's your duty to have everyone accept and for everyone to have equal rights.

The only things dictated about it are matters which are regarding it - such as stigma of being out, relationships and discrimination. I don't expect pride parades everywhere or ****ing rainbow crossings or people to walk up to me going "you go, jack!" I just want stupid bull**** sorted out, such as the matters of equal marriage which is an infuriating matter as the church acts like it's their own and there are people who are against it for being a sheep/being stupid.
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am also entitled to call people out on their opinion.

I haven't gone once "oh damn, this £50 note is pissing me off as it's not got a gay guy on it" or, "why doesn't this UPS box have pro-LGBT branding on it" etc, then I would have everything dictated by it. I don't think I have a duty, but I think it's bloody well ridiculous to call me out on thinking everyone deserves equal rights.
It is good. Yeah, the amount of people you see in my town for example my mum and dad said were athletic/smart/popular and are now nobodies is astounding - people who do nothing achieve nothing.

No. But it's affected by it in areas of my life I would prefer it not to, and I have an outspoken view about it.

The only things dictated about it are matters which are regarding it - such as stigma of being out, relationships and discrimination. I don't expect pride parades everywhere or ****ing rainbow crossings or people to walk up to me going "you go, jack!" I just want stupid bull**** sorted out, such as the matters of equal marriage which is an infuriating matter as the church acts like it's their own and there are people who are against it for being a sheep/being stupid.
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am also entitled to call people out on their opinion.

I haven't gone once "oh damn, this £50 note is pissing me off as it's not got a gay guy on it" or, "why doesn't this UPS box have pro-LGBT branding on it" etc, then I would have everything dictated by it. I don't think I have a duty, but I think it's bloody well ridiculous to call me out on thinking everyone deserves equal rights.

I'm not calling you out on that, more of everything seems to be related to it, not saying anything is bad just asking whether you feel it controls you.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm not calling you out on that, more of everything seems to be related to it, not saying anything is bad just asking whether you feel it controls you.

Not particularly. But it has influence - but why shouldn't it? Being closeted when you don't want to is very draining though. But I have plans to change that...
Hey, whose that user that sent everybody a TSR request for people to do the stocks?
I didn't have time to join but I'd like to and lost the request :frown:
Can somebody tell me the site name? Thanks

Auror0roro

Spoiler

And investopedia :smile:. Although it's kinda dead because most of us are revising for exams etc
Reply 6569

How are you? :smile:
Original post by EduWiz
How are you? :smile:

Awesome - listening to radio1 as it's like EDM hour as Danny Howard is on! Armin Van Buuren and Cazzette on the radio is just godly. mad respect.

Been up to much?
English Lit Help !!!

For English Literature poetry is this all the terms you need to know for poetry lines
Couplet, Terset, Quatrain, Sestet, Octave, Shakespearean/Petrachaun Sonnet & Villanelle.

Am I missing anything?
Reply 6572
Awesome - listening to radio1 as it's like EDM hour as Danny Howard is on! Armin Van Buuren and Cazzette on the radio is just godly. mad respect.

Been up to much?

Don't know who they are :ninja:but...no, just revising
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
English Lit Help !!!

For English Literature poetry is this all the terms you need to know for poetry lines
Couplet, Terset, Quatrain, Sestet, Octave, Shakespearean/Petrachaun Sonnet & Villanelle.

Am I missing anything?

:lolwut:

No. You need to know about techniques, themes, poet names and types of poem and a few other things. We have no idea what poems you are doing so can't particularly help you unless you elaborate. For me I wouldn't need to use any of those in my exams.
Original post by EduWiz
Don't know who they are :ninja:but...no, just revising

Awesome producers. You should listen to Radio1 now - music is just aweosme :awesome:

I haven't revised yet. I cbaaaa :cry:
:lolwut:

No. You need to know about techniques, themes, poet names and types of poem and a few other things. We have no idea what poems you are doing so can't particularly help you unless you elaborate. For me I wouldn't need to use any of those in my exams.

I already know techniques, Themes, Contextual knowledge based on the poet & a few other things. I was specifically asking if I needed to know any other names for Poetic lines which I mentioned in my last post.

Im dong Edexcel GCSE English Literature.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I already know techniques, Themes, Contextual knowledge based on the poet & a few other things. I was specifically asking if I needed to know any other names for Poetic lines which I mentioned in my last post.

Im dong Edexcel Literature.

The phrase 'poetry words' was ambiguous in its context, that's why I said what I said.

You should be fine with those in that case I am guessing, but don't take my word for it.
The phrase 'poetry words' was ambiguous in its context, that's why I said what I said.

You should be fine with those in that case I am guessing, but don't take my word for it.

Sorry & ty anyway
Christ it's busy in here today. calm down! You're all posting WAY TOO MUCH! :rolleyes:
Christ it's busy in here today. calm down! You're all posting WAY TOO MUCH! :rolleyes:

Sorry :frown: I'm working on a response to your message and playing Sims Freeplay at the same time :smile:

Latest