The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
To be honest, i want this doctor to be on for the next decade. I also think Clara Oswald deserves three seasons at the minimum.

When both these doctors move on, so will i.
Bestest Doctor ever = David Tennant, just the right amount of explosions mixed in with just enough emotion to make him perfect!
Original post by Aula
I would love for the limit to have been something that was imposed by the council, rather than being genetic. The Doctor doesn't realise this, and do we have a doctor who spends his time coming to terms with his mortality and upcoming final death. Then after he dies he regenerates and there's more Doctor!

:ditto: esp if they kept everything very secret and advertised it as the final ever series of doctor who, and then at the end of the episode you just get moffat's troll face popping up yelling "joke!"
Original post by greeneyedgirl
:ditto: esp if they kept everything very secret and advertised it as the final ever series of doctor who, and then at the end of the episode you just get moffat's troll face popping up yelling "joke!"

I can see the community out-lash already, it would be hilarious :tongue:
Original post by Llewellyn
I can see the community out-lash already, it would be hilarious :tongue:

Exactly the kind of thing Moffat would hugely enjoy.
Reply 705
Original post by greeneyedgirl

If have no problem with the audience knowing, but the important thing is that I want the doctor not to know.

Actually, especially since it won't be for a few years yet, it could be the perfect time to actually be the last ever episode, and for it to end like the doctor's daughter.
Original post by Aula
If have no problem with the audience knowing, but the important thing is that I want the doctor not to know.

Actually, especially since it won't be for a few years yet, it could be the perfect time to actually be the last ever episode, and for it to end like the doctor's daughter.

Nah I enjoy the audience not knowing, like when Clara popped up in A of the D and we were all like "AHHHHH NEW COMPANION DALEK AHHHHHHHHH". But then maybe I'm a bit evil and sadistic. One of the books I'm writing's final line completely turns the whole book on it's head. :devil3:
Reply 707
I can't stop watching this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8g5BrLm7uQ
I assumed that when River Song gave up all her regenerations to the doctor that this would add to the number of regenerations the doctor has. I dunno if that's how it would work but I think it would be a pretty good explanation of why the Doctor has more than 12 regenerations.
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
I assumed that when River Song gave up all her regenerations to the doctor that this would add to the number of regenerations the doctor has. I dunno if that's how it would work but I think it would be a pretty good explanation of why the Doctor has more than 12 regenerations.

That would be one reasonable solution, aye. Will have to see where you writers go when it is time though.
Does anyone else wish that the two versions of Clara had been swapped and that the current companion was the Victorian version? It wouldn't have changed the overall story at all if the present Clara had died and then the Doctor had found the Victorian version afterwards. I don't understand why out of the whole of time the Doctor keeps choosing human female companions that live in the 21st century, a Victorian companion would have been a nice change.
Reply 711
I loved that episode! :smile:
Brilliant episode- so chuffed at how good it was!

It had some moments that weren't so good... I thought some of the dialogue between the doctor and Clara was written in that overdone quirky style that's become such a bore now but on the whole, I loved it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Ending was basically 'a bunch of stuff happened, but then didn't happen' - honestly hate these resolutions, happens way too often. Too overpowered.

Loved it till that point though. Also loving Clara. :love:

Why was the Doctors sonic blue in the engine room though?
Am I the only one who thought that the ash zombie things were the TARDIS' white blood cells sent to fight the infection where people were trying to cannibalise it?
That episode was brilliant!

As soon as I saw the crack in the Tardis towards the end, my first thought was "bloody hell not these flipping cracks again!" I thought the creatures were silents too...
That was by far the best episode of the series! Loving the Eye of Harmony just casually being kept in the TARDIS :cool:

The quirky dialogue was a little bit of a let down but I'm used to it by now. Still a tad annoying though! That's the only complaint I have really. Everything else was great - loved it! :biggrin:
Original post by Maid Marian
I think it's too early to say whether or not they should stick to 12 regenerations. The show is very popular now, but will it still be in the future?

I think unlimited regenerations is silly, and twelve is a nice number. But at the same time, I see no reason why there can't be an in-show plot in which the Doctor finds a way to get several more regenerations. Surely there would be some logical way it would happen. If River sacrificed all her regenerations to save the Doctor, I don't see why someone else can't voluntarily give up their regenerations to the Doctor. Or maybe there is Lord of Regeneration Energy somewhere who will give the Doctor extra. Or the Doctor will go on a quest for more regenerations.

The best option would be to keep quiet about it now, and see how well Doctor Who is still doing when we're onto the 13th Doctor. Keep the fans sweating :wink: Because, if it's still popular then and has lots of fans, it would be insane to end it.

In SJA there's a point where Clyde asks the Doctor if his regenerations have a limit and he claims it's 193 (or something similar).

He was being totally serious but I don't know how much SJA's stories are considered part of the WHO-canon.

Just so you know :smile:
Reply 718
Did anyone notice the Rose reference...the cameo of Eccleston's voiceover from Rose....
Original post by Harrow.7
Did anyone notice the Rose reference...the cameo of Eccleston's voiceover from Rose....

whatt??? Totally missed that and I was on the lookout the whole time for references :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending