The Student Room Group

Is 2 months enough time to revise?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mcdermie
I have my exams next week, probably started properly about 2/3 weeks ago, but had been doing some on and off before plus revised throughout for mocks and progress exams etc, still don't feel 100% though. I think with IB though you can never know enough, like there will always be more you could know, especially if you do subjects like history/geography!!

Whenever I spot a fellow IB student and they say, 'Oh, I started revision two/three months ago,' I have a little panic attack. I myself have been revising lightly for around two months, but only began to concentrate two/three weeks ago.

I reckon, like you, I'm covered for most things. But I'll probably end up manically swotting up at some point.
Reply 21
Original post by Calllu-m
Second. T-minus 6 days until go time.

Oh yes, bring on Thursday!! (Think in gonna cry, I am not ready!)
Reply 22
Original post by lemollient_naw
Whenever I spot a fellow IB student and they say, 'Oh, I started revision two/three months ago,' I have a little panic attack. I myself have been revising lightly for around two months, but only began to concentrate two/three weeks ago.

I reckon, like you, I'm covered for most things. But I'll probably end up manically swotting up at some point.

Those people scare me, very much. I don't think I'd remember stuff if I started 3 months before my exams!! We hadn't even finished all of the course then. I still had coursework/ TOK essay/ EE to do!! I honestly don't think anyone can ever be 100% prepared for IB exams, there's just so much to know.
Oh yes, bring on Thursday!! (Think in gonna cry, I am not ready!)

I just want 36. English is a good thing to start with though..
Reply 24
I just want 36. English is a good thing to start with though..

I only need 32 for uni, I wanted to get 35 anyways but think I've left it too late now /:

Yeahh it really is :smile: I hate how maths and history are on the same day though :/
more than enough time.

My Final uni exams start in a week and a half (4 of them) and my revision only started a couple of days ago. That's what i normally do for uni exams and i'm averaging a first. You should be fine for GCSEs
Yes, and I'm sure you'll do very well with it! I admire your dedication!
I only need 32 for uni, I wanted to get 35 anyways but think I've left it too late now /:

Yeahh it really is :smile: I hate how maths and history are on the same day though :/

Yeah, it's going to be a killer. I've got Maths and History HL on the same day, so it's going to be a hell of a day. :tongue:

I wanted 38, which I'm predicted. I used to want 42, but that isn't happening anymore lol.

I started revising mid February, so IDK how I'll do.

I'm glad History is before maths. Paper 3 is the easiest for me.
Reply 29
I wanted 38, which I'm predicted. I used to want 42, but that isn't happening anymore lol.

I started revising mid February, so IDK how I'll do.

I'm glad History is before maths. Paper 3 is the easiest for me.

38 is still amazing though! Yeah it's actually so much harder than you think to get points :frown:

Oh wow, you should be fine then! I should have started a while ago tbh but oh wells :/

Yeah paper 3 is the one I'm most confident with, I'm so bad at paper 1 for some reason :frown:
Reply 30
Yeah, it's going to be a killer. I've got Maths and History HL on the same day, so it's going to be a hell of a day. :tongue:

Oh same!! It's gonna be awful! But the relief at the end of that day :biggrin:
38 is still amazing though! Yeah it's actually so much harder than you think to get points :frown:

Oh wow, you should be fine then! I should have started a while ago tbh but oh wells :/

Yeah paper 3 is the one I'm most confident with, I'm so bad at paper 1 for some reason :frown:

I dunno. My only good IA is TOK and English and History..

Paper 2 History is the worst for me. I got a 7 for the other 2 in my mock and a 5 in P2 so idek.
Reply 32
I dunno. My only good IA is TOK and English and History..

Paper 2 History is the worst for me. I got a 7 for the other 2 in my mock and a 5 in P2 so idek.

I haven't been told my level for any of my IAs :/ and as long as TOK and EE are good you'll get at least 2 points, which can make a lot of difference :smile:

Yeah paper 2 is so awful as well, there's so much to revise for only 2 essay questions :frown: I've never got over 15 on p1 though wah :'(

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
I haven't been told my level for any of my IAs :/ and as long as TOK and EE are good you'll get at least 2 points, which can make a lot of difference :smile:

Yeah paper 2 is so awful as well, there's so much to revise for only 2 essay questions :frown: I've never got over 15 on p1 though wah :'(

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

I need 2 core points but I would like a 3. You can get 20 in P1 without knowing very much as long as you can analyse the sources well enough
(edited 11 years ago)
I need 2 core points but I would like a 3. You can get 20 in P1 without knowing very much as long as you can analyse the sources well enough

Yeah, in my experience P1 is less about knowing background material and a great deal about timing. So if you've got your exam technique down, and you're thinking clearly, you're guaranteed to do well.
Yeah, in my experience P1 is less about knowing background material and a great deal about timing. So if you've got your exam technique down, and you're thinking clearly, you're guaranteed to do well.

yeah I'm hoping for a 7 in History. If i got a 6 i'd be upset.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending