The Student Room Group

GEO4B resit June 2013

Hey guys, currently preparing for a resit on the GEO4B module.
Any one else doing this? Any share of ideas would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing this! I'm not resitting it though, I'm teaching myself the whole A Level in a year (AS down, just A2 to go! Woo!). I'm registered at my old school, but they haven't sent me the prerelease... Could you by any chance possibly maybe scan it and send me it as a PDF? I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.
Original post by wild_eyes
I'm doing this! I'm not resitting it though, I'm teaching myself the whole A Level in a year (AS down, just A2 to go! Woo!). I'm registered at my old school, but they haven't sent me the prerelease... Could you by any chance possibly maybe scan it and send me it as a PDF? I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.

WOW! you must be a genius! aha
I have a PDF version so I can send it to you no problem :smile:
I think it is attached to this, if not just send me your e-mail and I can send it you that way :smile:
Good luck with it! and if you want to discuss any of it and throw some ideas about I'll gladly do that too :')
Reply 3
Original post by laurablondejayne
WOW! you must be a genius! aha
I have a PDF version so I can send it to you no problem :smile:
I think it is attached to this, if not just send me your e-mail and I can send it you that way :smile:
Good luck with it! and if you want to discuss any of it and throw some ideas about I'll gladly do that too :')

You brilliant human being :biggrin: Thanksssssss!! I'm not exactly a genius bahaha; if I was, I would've done better in my original A Levels (A*AC :frown: ). I'm just super desperate (I mean, like, running up and down the street screaming desperate) to get into Oxford. I did AS Geog in 3 months and got 95%, so it's looking good hahah (not to brag or anything...bahahaha).

Anyway, it would be awesome to discuss the paper :smile:
Original post by wild_eyes
You brilliant human being :biggrin: Thanksssssss!! I'm not exactly a genius bahaha; if I was, I would've done better in my original A Levels (A*AC :frown: ). I'm just super desperate (I mean, like, running up and down the street screaming desperate) to get into Oxford. I did AS Geog in 3 months and got 95%, so it's looking good hahah (not to brag or anything...bahahaha).

Anyway, it would be awesome to discuss the paper :smile:

No problem :smile: They're not bad! but I guess to go to Oxford you need better than that. Haha! You'll be fine :smile: it seems like a good paper to be honest, it is just very broad on what it covers. As the saying goes, if you got it flaunt it :wink:
Yeah any questions or ideas just pop them up on here :smile: moral support is always appreciated! :colondollar:
I'm resitting. I really hate the paper, and still can't quite fathom how I did so badly in January's exam on Brazil! I thought it had gone alright! :colondollar: Ah well, this one doesn't look so ​bad.
Original post by annemariemoore
I'm resitting. I really hate the paper, and still can't quite fathom how I did so badly in January's exam on Brazil! I thought it had gone alright! :colondollar: Ah well, this one doesn't look so ​bad.

I thought I knew enough for Brazil but I was so unprepared writing wise for it I just completely failed. This one does look better though but it is just so broad! :eek:
Reply 7
I think the AIB is kind of nice since its also part of revision for plate tectonics in the unit 3 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I am also doing the christchurch earthquake paper :smile: Does anyone have the zigzag booklet or any possible questions that your teachers think might come up?
I thought I knew enough for Brazil but I was so unprepared writing wise for it I just completely failed. This one does look better though but it is just so broad! :eek:

Same here. I did the same with GEOG2 last year, and doing crap on that stopped me from getting an A overall. Argh! I hate the small exams in Geography, I always seem to do awful in the supposedly easier ones like these.

Anyone doing any practice for GEO4B yet? :/
Same here. I did the same with GEOG2 last year, and doing crap on that stopped me from getting an A overall. Argh! I hate the small exams in Geography, I always seem to do awful in the supposedly easier ones like these.

Anyone doing any practice for GEO4B yet? :/

I really need to start practice but I have my art exam starting tomorrow and prep for that has been pretty intense so once this exam is over next week i should be able to sit down and get on with it! I hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really need to start practice but I have my art exam starting tomorrow and prep for that has been pretty intense so once this exam is over next week i should be able to sit down and get on with it! I hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's understandable! I think I'm gonna concentrate on GEOG3 until the holidays, doing World Cities means learning a load of case studies, so I'm gonna focus on that, haha. I didn't really know how to learn stuff for the 4B exam last time, I think I might sit down with the booklet and just make notes on each page. There doesn't seem to be much else that we can do to get the marks. :frown: I really hate this exam, arg!
i don't think there is much to say about the graphs :/ there isn't really a significant trend to comment on and i'm worried they will ask about it! hate this exam too :frown:
Ah that's understandable! I think I'm gonna concentrate on GEOG3 until the holidays, doing World Cities means learning a load of case studies, so I'm gonna focus on that, haha. I didn't really know how to learn stuff for the 4B exam last time, I think I might sit down with the booklet and just make notes on each page. There doesn't seem to be much else that we can do to get the marks. :frown: I really hate this exam, arg!

5hours down 10 to go! then i can concentrate on my geography and english! aha
yeah I don't know what I'm doing with it tbh but I understand your pain with World Cities! there's like a zillion and one case studies to learn! :frown: i have no clue what they're going to ask, genuinely dreading it tbh hope I feel more prepared soon! :s-smilie:
Original post by rosiejohnston
i don't think there is much to say about the graphs :/ there isn't really a significant trend to comment on and i'm worried they will ask about it! hate this exam too :frown:

I don't like the graphs either, they seem to be rather random and cover a wide range of ideas which they could bring up in the exam :confused:
5hours down 10 to go! then i can concentrate on my geography and english! aha
yeah I don't know what I'm doing with it tbh but I understand your pain with World Cities! there's like a zillion and one case studies to learn! :frown: i have no clue what they're going to ask, genuinely dreading it tbh hope I feel more prepared soon! :s-smilie:

Ikr! I feel loads better about it since I got the CGP revision guide 'cos it's a lot of organised case studies, but still, hoping the 40 markers for Ecosystems and Plate Tectonics are nice. I'm screwed otherwise.

I started GEO4B yesterday, it's way better than the Brazil paper, I think! :biggrin:
Original post by rosiejohnston

It depends! The graphs of Item 1 majorly show an increase in tectonic hazards after 1990 but it could be inferred that these are merely an extremity of the trend, not that hazards are becoming more common. But you could argue it either way.
Ikr! I feel loads better about it since I got the CGP revision guide 'cos it's a lot of organised case studies, but still, hoping the 40 markers for Ecosystems and Plate Tectonics are nice. I'm screwed otherwise.

I started GEO4B yesterday, it's way better than the Brazil paper, I think! :biggrin:

Haha! I have no revision guide! Just me, my notes, many text books, google and 6588533890sheets we get given in class o.O aha
I know the feeling! I think I want to do a physical essay so just hoping they're nice!

Yeah I prefer this to the brazil paper on content but it just feels like it covers so much more! "/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha! I have no revision guide! Just me, my notes, many text books, google and 6588533890sheets we get given in class o.O aha
I know the feeling! I think I want to do a physical essay so just hoping they're nice!

Yeah I prefer this to the brazil paper on content but it just feels like it covers so much more! "/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha that's what I had last year, and I did alright. :tongue:
Yes! I would cry with happiness if we got a 40 marker that was to describe the evidence for plate tectonic theory. I'm praying to the exam gods that that'll come up.

I know! I don't get why they've put some woman's emails with her mother in. I mean, what are they going to ask on that? What did she have for tea before the earthquake for five marks? :s-smilie: Not complaining I suppose, it just seems a wee bit deceptively simple. :tongue:
Haha that's what I had last year, and I did alright. :tongue:
Yes! I would cry with happiness if we got a 40 marker that was to describe the evidence for plate tectonic theory. I'm praying to the exam gods that that'll come up.

I know! I don't get why they've put some woman's emails with her mother in. I mean, what are they going to ask on that? What did she have for tea before the earthquake for five marks? :s-smilie: Not complaining I suppose, it just seems a wee bit deceptively simple. :tongue:

Haha that would be the best thing ever!! I shall pray with you on that one!
Lmao!! Or perhaps we have to rate or in a scale of 1-10on how realistic the email sounds cause there is no way someone would be struck by an earthquake have massive devastation and then use posh terms to describe everything, it just doesn't happen aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending