The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by sarahiscool
How is this the first time, it's being sat ? I swear the new spec is atleast a year old and I have definitaley seen new past papers for it

Really? Either way, it's still new!
Reply 41
How is this the first time, it's being sat ? I swear the new spec is atleast a year old and I have definitaley seen new past papers for it

the b1b2b3 has been sat 3 times... whilst the b4b5b6 will be sat for the first time injune

ryan
Reply 42
Original post by L'Evil Fish

have you learnt hw to draw kite diagrams//interpret them??

i simply dont get it.... < only thing that, it think, i dont get
Reply 43
Original post by ryanb97
have you learnt hw to draw kite diagrams//interpret them??

i simply dont get it.... < only thing that, it think, i dont get

Well only from what the books havr said :tongue:
Original post by ryanb97
the b1b2b3 has been sat 3 times... whilst the b4b5b6 will be sat for the first time injune

ryan

this is just me being stupid, but why haven't B4,5,6 been sat before ? Is this the same case with physics aswell ?
Reply 45
this is just me being stupid, but why haven't B4,5,6 been sat before ? Is this the same case with physics aswell ?

because i dont think any school was wntered for the exam

think about it

Qualification starts in nov 2011
1st sitting of 1,2,3 exams in jan 2012
2nd sitting of 1,2,3 exams in jun 2012

^^ no school will have prepared there class to do all 6 modules in one year
do you follow?

and yeah its the same for chem + physics

ryan
Reply 46
Original post by Jatz07
Hey, how's your revision going for the sciences? well with me... I want to finish everything by next week in detail - leaving me with a month... seriously, I am feeling the stress badly... re and 2 Spanish exams on the same day... I mean like I literally need full ums on both papers to guarantee A* in Spanish overall... i'm the only one who stands a chance of getting a* in Spanish as everyone else is on A/B level ... as our teacher is a SERIOUSLY harsh marker !! I mean even if I learn all vocabulary sometimes there are some mega hard vocabulary in Spanish and i'm thinking wtf is this guy trying to say? lol... when do your exams begin? Jatz

Haven't started :redface:

Good luck with those! My.French results came back (coursework) as full raw marks! So I'm hoping it.wont get moderated down...

My exams are starting on the 13th and then I have one every day that week (bar Thursday:frown:)

Art is next week (well 9/10th may)
Reply 47
Original post by Jatz07
Best of Luck! Hope it goes really well! ahhh, you must be a genius if you haven't started revision lol... :wink: tomorrow I will probably recap all of b4-6, c4-6 and p4-5... maybe revise sociology too... and literature is such a pain to achieve A* ! I'm like... 'oh why god' lol - Jatz

Thanks :smile: back at ya! I'm not a genius, just being stupid, I might mess everything up... Oh well...

Aah, English Lit :colonhash: I need about 70/80 raw marks for an A* overall...
Reply 48
Original post by Jatz07
wow, I used to be absolutely terrible at Art in ks3 lol.... I got like level 4b hahaha... that would probably equate to less than a U grade in gcse :wink: ... lol I had a choice of doing art, drama, business or sociology which is why I chose sociology because I hate business lol, I find it very boring... have you ever pulled off an all nighter for an exam? I mean, I've never done it and I probably cannot do it... but to achieve A* in literature I may consider it... imagine having 3 cans of coke before an exam and you're all pumped up! lol... 17 exams is a lot... good luck with them though! :smile: i'm doing 13 ... when do you plan on revising ? Jatz

:rofl: fair enough :lol: my last block was ict, business, history, sociology or something else... And I chose ICT first, then changed to business (which I hate)

Nope! I sleep early and wake up early for exams :smile:

Thanks :s-smilie: I'm going to start... Well I don't know...

French and Welsh I'm not revising for...

History I'm trying to start...

C2 I'll do loads of past papers the day before... (16th May) although that's presentation evening!!! Damn :eek: so I might just miss school that day...

Then English Lit the night before (if I revise) and C3 I'll do the days before loads of papers!

Then I'll do some in the half term :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by Jatz07
are you finishing a2 level maths this year? well tbh, it's very possible to revise a week before and achieve A* ... a levels are totally different... lol, well I think i'm going to spend more time revising English language+lit, physics... the pressure is off for bio, chem, history however I need 90 ums again in re and sociology to achieve A* overall... hopefully hard work will pay off... b5 is really time consuming , b4 and b6 are pretty much decent, but some of p6 is quite complex compared to the other modules. lol. do you reckon you can pull off 14 A*? I wish I was doing more gcse's ... i'm only doing 11.. jatz

Yep! I'm doing it for a levels too so :redface:

B5 is human body? It's really long :redface:
Biology is so boring :colonhash:

P6 is electricity really which is so crap! :lol: I dislike it... But P4+5 I should get good.marks plus section D so no stress there...

No!!! I'm aiming for about 8/9 this year (so a total.of 10/11)

Welsh - I MIGHT try for an A*
English Lit - I might fall,short

Art - won't get an A*, even an A I won't...

So that's already lost some :tongue:
Reply 50
Original post by Jatz07
most of the people in my year don't care about languages, I think I'm the only one that does lol. Really hope this hard work pays off... I quite like b5 it's very interesting although it's very time consuming... I like the last 4 topics of p4... hate the 1st 4 lol... I think I wont get a* in eng lit or Spanish... I might get A's unless I pull off all nighters and practically devote all my time to eng lit which won't happen lol. How do you revise? I do a new strategy I read the content for a few days and revise it the next day... then speak out aloud so I remember it better... hbu? really cannot wait until exams are over!! this time next month will be pure relaxation! lol Jatz

I love languages :eek:

Yeah, they are boring the first 4! Electricity is poo!!!

No point is there :tongue:

:erm: I just reread and then read model answers for history... For everything else I just read the content
Reply 51
Please can someone clarify for me what this section D thing is because my teachers have not mentioned a thing about it...having a bit of a mini heart attack :P
Reply 52
Original post by India2013
Please can someone clarify for me what this section D thing is because my teachers have not mentioned a thing about it...having a bit of a mini heart attack :P

It's data interpretation and general skills...

Like a graph showing different CO2 emissions... Asking which material would be best etc.
Reply 53
I love languages :eek:

Yeah, they are boring the first 4! Electricity is poo!!!

No point is there :tongue:

:erm: I just reread and then read model answers for history... For everything else I just read the content

Don't lie, electricity is fun:colone:
Reply 54
Original post by Red Fox
Don't lie, electricity is fun:colone:

:rolleyes: it's just... It's boring learning things on such a basic.level that it's hard..
Reply 55
:rolleyes: it's just... It's boring learning things on such a basic.level that it's hard..

I like all of Physics and C4 and C6, I hate C5 and Bio
Reply 56
Original post by Red Fox
I like all of Physics and C4 and C6, I hate C5 and Bio

C5 why?:tongue:
Reply 57
C5 why?:tongue:

Moles, molar mass, concentration... All that poop pisses me off, I just don't care about it. Its not hard, it's just boring.
Reply 58
Original post by Red Fox
Moles, molar mass, concentration... All that poop pisses me off, I just don't care about it. Its not hard, it's just boring.

So the maths stuff :tongue:
Reply 59
It's data interpretation and general skills...

Like a graph showing different CO2 emissions... Asking which material would be best etc.

Ahh thanks ok then that doesn't sound like anything too bad :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending