The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by inyoursystem
I'm going to put UEA down as my insurance. Will I still be able to apply for accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, places are assigned only once offers are met, by which time you'll know if y you're in or not, so you just apply whenever and find out after results day. If you have any more questions about accommodation there is an accommodation sticky in this forum which should answer pretty much anything!

Xxx
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by kpwxx
Yep, places are assigned only once offers are met, by which time you'll know if y you're in or not, so you just apply whenever and find out after results day. If you have any more questions about accommodation there is an accommodation sticky in this forum which should answer pretty much anything!

Xxx

Okay, thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DingDong!
Wow good to hear it straight from the horses mouth! Thank you. May I also ask, are there any plans to allow second years to stay on campus?

Hiya,

Unfortunately no plans for allowing second years to stay on campus.
The number of first year students scheduled to arrive in September (holding guarantee for halls) is growing every year!
Reply 923
Original post by UEAAccommodation
Hiya,

Unfortunately no plans for allowing second years to stay on campus.
The number of first year students scheduled to arrive in September (holding guarantee for halls) is growing every year!

Hey, just wondering about the possibility of a mature student (early 20s) applying for postgrad halls whilst planning to study an undergraduate course?
Reply 924
I was wondering what the actual course start date for the Allied Health Professions department is this year? (as in first day of lectures).
Reply 925
Original post by Aderyn
I was wondering what the actual course start date for the Allied Health Professions department is this year? (as in first day of lectures).

For normal undergrad courses, lectures or other compulsory things begin on the first day, the one stated as the start of term. There's no "freshers week" or anything like some unis. I would presume that AHP would be the same... Certainly I would make sure you're available to start on that date :smile:

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx
For normal undergrad courses, lectures or other compulsory things begin on the first day, the one stated as the start of term. There's no "freshers week" or anything like some unis. I would presume that AHP would be the same... Certainly I would make sure you're available to start on that date :smile:

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Medics start a week before everyone else so it might be different for AHP students as well
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
No I'm 99% sure you have one each for both :smile:

Edit: Just checked the floorplan - you definitely have one each!

heyy the double room in my flat has one big desk but you both have to share it she says its a pain when the other girl is asleep in the big room
Reply 928
Original post by jelly1000
The Medics start a week before everyone else so it might be different for AHP students as well

Yeah, I know the start date is probably different, what I mean is the published start date (which I'm guessing the poster has been told or will be soon) will probably be the date which lectures actually start on. Compared to in some unis where the start date would be a week before any lectures began.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx
Yeah, I know the start date is probably different, what I mean is the published start date (which I'm guessing the poster has been told or will be soon) will probably be the date which lectures actually start on. Compared to in some unis where the start date would be a week before any lectures began.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah i see, from what you put it looked like you were saying all the start dates were the same
Reply 930
Original post by jelly1000
ah i see, from what you put it looked like you were saying all the start dates were the same

I tend to do that :P As I teach I should really be better at articulating things!

xxx
Reply 931
I'm coming over from Australia for a semester and have to pick my subjects, so i was wondering if anyone knew when the course catalogue will come out.

Thanks for your help!
Reply 932
Totally messed up one of my exams (2nd year), is it possible to resit it or you basically out if you fail?
Reply 933
Original post by jft18
Totally messed up one of my exams (2nd year), is it possible to resit it or you basically out if you fail?

Well, you never know - it might have gone better than you thought.

If you fail the module the exam is in, then you'll have to come back in August for a resit. If you pass but feel you could have done better on the exam, you might be able to take the exam again next year (sometimes happens in Arts I believe). You'd need to talk to your personal tutor/course organiser though and I'm pretty sure it's not exactly standard practice - don't know how it works in MTH though.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 934
Original post by jft18

If you look in the course handbook (search the website) it will say:

1. If you're allowed to fail any modules.

2.Any conditions on resits... For example, I know mth were on about introducing rules saying you had to attend a certain amount to be allowed a resit (except in exceptional circumstances).

There will be a fee for the August resit too, and it will be capped at 40%, unless this has all changed.

Also as said above you never know! I came out of some maths exams thinking I'd completely failed... I only ever actually failed one, by a few percent, and the coursework brought me up to pass the module.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jack1017
I'm coming over from Australia for a semester and have to pick my subjects, so i was wondering if anyone knew when the course catalogue will come out.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Jack!

Is it the main prospectus you need or a specific course brochure? As our 2014 versions are out now and you can request one online here: https://uea.hobsons.co.uk/emtinterestpage.aspx?ip=enquiry

If you want to ask anything else then feel free!

Hannah
Reply 936
Original post by University of East Anglia
Hi Jack!

Is it the main prospectus you need or a specific course brochure? As our 2014 versions are out now and you can request one online here: https://uea.hobsons.co.uk/emtinterestpage.aspx?ip=enquiry

If you want to ask anything else then feel free!

Hannah

Thanks for that Hannah! I'll check it out now!

Jack
Reply 937
Hi,
Just wondering if UEA has a photography darkroom that any student can use even if it's not related to their course? Also, if there is, how much does it cost to use?
Thanks!
Reply 938
Original post by howlingcow
Hi,
Just wondering if UEA has a photography darkroom that any student can use even if it's not related to their course? Also, if there is, how much does it cost to use?
Thanks!

It's testament to how long it's been since I did 'real' photography that I've only just realised I've never found out the answer to this before. Apparently, there is one in the School of Art History (I'm assuming that's located in the Sainsbury Centre), but I'm not sure if it's presently in use for general purposes. I'll be heading down there tomorrow though, so I can always ask on your behalf.

Reply 939
Original post by Eloquai
It's testament to how long it's been since I did 'real' photography that I've only just realised I've never found out the answer to this before. Apparently, there is one in the School of Art History (I'm assuming that's located in the Sainsbury Centre), but I'm not sure if it's presently in use for general purposes. I'll be heading down there tomorrow though, so I can always ask on your behalf.

Thanks! Any information would be much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest