The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Day dreaming in work imagining games with both Hernandez and Gronk were fit, along with our two new WR's. It was a good day dream :colonhash:
Original post by R-KAM
Day dreaming in work imagining games with both Hernandez and Gronk were fit, along with our two new WR's. It was a good day dream :colonhash:

I just look forward to that day they actually are both healthy. Its so annoying that the Superbowl against the Giants i have no doubt we would have won if we had a healthy Gronk.

Also the last game against Ravens our lack of a redzone target screwed us. Basically our season depends on if we have a healthy Gronkowski. Maybe we should shut him down till the playoffs then unleash him then :laugh:
Reply 5982
Original post by Malevolent
I just look forward to that day they actually are both healthy. Its so annoying that the Superbowl against the Giants i have no doubt we would have won if we had a healthy Gronk.

Also the last game against Ravens our lack of a redzone target screwed us. Basically our season depends on if we have a healthy Gronkowski. Maybe we should shut him down till the playoffs then unleash him then :laugh:

After reading your first paragraph I was about to say the Ravens this year too. Should maybe e-mail Bill about that, certainly a sensible option. He's just so dominant! :laugh:

Good read on Brady this year.
Original post by R-KAM
After reading your first paragraph I was about to say the Ravens this year too. Should maybe e-mail Bill about that, certainly a sensible option. He's just so dominant! :laugh:

Good read on Brady this year.

Yup its 2006 all over again but if we have a healthy Gronk,Hernandez, Amendola. I think we may even pick Lloyd up again. Defense however should take a big step forward considering how young it is.

Keep Brady protected and he will keep the offense going along. " Bill Belichick please don't play Gronkowski until the playoffs come around. For 2 seasons we have got our hopes up only to have Gronk go down after dominant seasons and that hope go up in flames. Saving Gronkowski for that last few games maybe he might actually be healthy for the big game."

Also I can't decide whether to buy a pair of Cutters or Nike Vapor jet gloves.
Reply 5984
Yup its 2006 all over again but if we have a healthy Gronk,Hernandez, Amendola. I think we may even pick Lloyd up again. Defense however should take a big step forward considering how young it is.

Keep Brady protected and he will keep the offense going along. " Bill Belichick please don't play Gronkowski until the playoffs come around. For 2 seasons we have got our hopes up only to have Gronk go down after dominant seasons and that hope go up in flames. Saving Gronkowski for that last few games maybe he might actually be healthy for the big game."

Also I can't decide whether to buy a pair of Cutters or Nike Vapor jet gloves.

Yeah, it's going to be big IF's on our receivers fitness this year. Definitely has some high potential if the stay fit!

Without question! Hahaha, just add in a "King Regards, Malevolent" at the bottom and all good! He can't argue with that!

I was told to buy Cutters by a couple of the guys on Sunday. Vapor as good? Also Aesthetics > Function :ninja:
Original post by R-KAM
Yeah, it's going to be big IF's on our receivers fitness this year. Definitely has some high potential if the stay fit!

Without question! Hahaha, just add in a "King Regards, Malevolent" at the bottom and all good! He can't argue with that!

I was told to buy Cutters by a couple of the guys on Sunday. Vapor as good? Also Aesthetics > Function :ninja:

Yup all a massive IF they can stay healthy.

Bill Belichick will see my logic :tongue:

I have 2 pairs of Cutters and their awesome, also have a pair of old Reeboks but they were pretty crap. I dunno what the Vapor jets are like, they look immense i must say but Cutters i know function wise are awesome however the Vapor Jets look so damn nice.
Reply 5986
Yup all a massive IF they can stay healthy.

Bill Belichick will see my logic :tongue:

I have 2 pairs of Cutters and their awesome, also have a pair of old Reeboks but they were pretty crap. I dunno what the Vapor jets are like, they look immense i must say but Cutters i know function wise are awesome however the Vapor Jets look so damn nice.

I think we both know it's never happening :bawling:

I think I'll maybe get myself some Cutters. I ordered the Passback football last night too :laugh:

What do the vapors look like? Nike do make some good looking **** :holmes:
Original post by R-KAM
I think we both know it's never happening :bawling:

I think I'll maybe get myself some Cutters. I ordered the Passback football last night too :laugh:

What do the vapors look like? Nike do make some good looking **** :holmes:

I know but i can hope :cry2: Just one more Superbowl just one and I can live with 10 years of being like the Browns. We have been spoilt by Brady though.

Oh wow thats awesome. I don't actually have one looks usefull! What i use is the Nike Sparq ball.

this is the Vapor jets i want.

https://secure.footballamerica.co.uk/store/gloves/838-nike-vapor-jet-2-gloves.html

This is what I'm also considering

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cutters-X40-Solid-American-Football-Receiver-gloves-white-/150960339689?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_American_Football_Clothing_LE&var=&hash=item2325effae9
Reply 5988
I know but i can hope :cry2: Just one more Superbowl just one and I can live with 10 years of being like the Browns. We have been spoilt by Brady though.

Oh wow thats awesome. I don't actually have one looks usefull! What i use is the Nike Sparq ball.

this is the Vapor jets i want.

https://secure.footballamerica.co.uk/store/gloves/838-nike-vapor-jet-2-gloves.html

This is what I'm also considering

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cutters-X40-Solid-American-Football-Receiver-gloves-white-/150960339689?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_American_Football_Clothing_LE&var=&hash=item2325effae9

Haha, awww. :console: I’m the same! One I actually watch, I’ve never seen us lift one at the time! Brady to get one more I would love, cement his legacy as the best!

Yeah, it looks ace! I checked plenty of reviews to make sure it worked first, I was rather sceptical! Plenty of colleges seem to use it though, ideal! You got a link for that Sparq? It’s showing up tonnes of different things…

They are sexy :drool: The black or green ones!

Basically a function vs aesthetic, surely Nike must be similar performance though? I’d go Nike :ninja:
Original post by R-KAM
Haha, awww. :console: I’m the same! One I actually watch, I’ve never seen us lift one at the time! Brady to get one more I would love, cement his legacy as the best!

Yeah, it looks ace! I checked plenty of reviews to make sure it worked first, I was rather sceptical! Plenty of colleges seem to use it though, ideal! You got a link for that Sparq? It’s showing up tonnes of different things…

They are sexy :drool: The black or green ones!

Basically a function vs aesthetic, surely Nike must be similar performance though? I’d go Nike :ninja:

I don't mind if i don't see it and miss the game haha as long as we win. I missed the Ravens game because i was in hospital. I bought Gamepass watched every game yet the most important game of the season i missed. I was in my hospital bed just thinking about the game worrying about it and boy was i right to be worried.

70f8017e54fdb0a45baa1a4c5a59ac98_best.jpg

Yeah man the Nike ones look sick.

Cutters the grip lasts a lot longer apparently. Nike looks sweet and has good grip for a while but the Cutters ones last a long long time.
Reply 5990
I don't mind if i don't see it and miss the game haha as long as we win. I missed the Ravens game because i was in hospital. I bought Gamepass watched every game yet the most important game of the season i missed. I was in my hospital bed just thinking about the game worrying about it and boy was i right to be worried.

70f8017e54fdb0a45baa1a4c5a59ac98_best.jpg

Yeah man the Nike ones look sick.

Cutters the grip lasts a lot longer apparently. Nike looks sweet and has good grip for a while but the Cutters ones last a long long time.

Well yeah, I was more meaning that was before I was even into American Football! Urgh that suuuuucks! Gamepass is certainly great, loved having it! I K.O’d at the start of that game after a long weekend, woke up laptop still on and us leading. Turned laptop off and back to bed, woke up and we’d been beaten :sad:

So what’s the point in that ball? :holmes:

Well, you do already have spare Cutters pairs? So can maybe try out the Nike and go back to them if need be?
Original post by R-KAM
Well yeah, I was more meaning that was before I was even into American Football! Urgh that suuuuucks! Gamepass is certainly great, loved having it! I K.O’d at the start of that game after a long weekend, woke up laptop still on and us leading. Turned laptop off and back to bed, woke up and we’d been beaten :sad:

So what’s the point in that ball? :holmes:

Well, you do already have spare Cutters pairs? So can maybe try out the Nike and go back to them if need be?

Ahh okay yeah. Yeah i was just crushed i missed that game. Red zone offense killed us.

You call out the colours before you catch it.

Yeah i do true. Its just Nike is quite expensive haha :tongue:
Reply 5992
actually cutters has the best grip, Nike is good too
The Nike looks better, it depends of what you and how you want to use them
I've been playing with the same reebok gloves for 3 years but I don't use them for practice, just for the match
Reply 5993
Ahh okay yeah. Yeah i was just crushed i missed that game. Red zone offense killed us.

You call out the colours before you catch it.

Yeah i do true. Its just Nike is quite expensive haha :tongue:

Oh right, I'll give that a miss then, passback will do me I think! Be handy if I had more friends to play catch with as well :ninja:

For some reason the ball I bought (cheap and cheerful) seems a lot harder and bigger than the game balls we train with too...

True, I'm a bad influence on your bank account, you did say you were unsure though, I cannot be blamed :laugh:
Original post by R-KAM
Oh right, I'll give that a miss then, passback will do me I think! Be handy if I had more friends to play catch with as well :ninja:

For some reason the ball I bought (cheap and cheerful) seems a lot harder and bigger than the game balls we train with too...

True, I'm a bad influence on your bank account, you did say you were unsure though, I cannot be blamed :laugh:

Yeah its a pretty good item to work on your catching with fingertips and concentration.

Yeah the cheaper balls are a lot harder. I have a game ball but it is not allowed to be thrown nor kicked outside of the house. Display ball only :tongue:

I like the Cutters solid white haha.
Reply 5995
Yeah its a pretty good item to work on your catching with fingertips and concentration.

Yeah the cheaper balls are a lot harder. I have a game ball but it is not allowed to be thrown nor kicked outside of the house. Display ball only :tongue:

I like the Cutters solid white haha.

Yeah I guess, just watched a guy review it. Hand eye co-ord! I don’t have anyone to throw it at me though :laugh:

Explains it then, after paying £2.50 for it! I’ll invest in a better one then for training myself. Hahaha! It got a signature or something?

Haha, Cutters it is then! Just don’t come back asking for my opinion then bbz :colonhash: :laugh:
Original post by R-KAM
Yeah I guess, just watched a guy review it. Hand eye co-ord! I don’t have anyone to throw it at me though :laugh:

Explains it then, after paying £2.50 for it! I’ll invest in a better one then for training myself. Hahaha! It got a signature or something?

Haha, Cutters it is then! Just don’t come back asking for my opinion then bbz :colonhash: :laugh:

Yup man that's what its for though if like you said no one to throw to you it's useless haha.

Nope no signature it's just the actual game ball which costs like 70 pounds. There's replica balls which are like 20 then there's the ones they use in games which cost a bomb and thus I don't want to use it haha.

I think you should get a pair of cutters since the grip is really great and lasts a long time though if you Care about the design then Nike is the way forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5997
Yup man that's what its for though if like you said no one to throw to you it's useless haha.

Nope no signature it's just the actual game ball which costs like 70 pounds. There's replica balls which are like 20 then there's the ones they use in games which cost a bomb and thus I don't want to use it haha.

I think you should get a pair of cutters since the grip is really great and lasts a long time though if you Care about the design then Nike is the way forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn’t realise an actual game ball was so expensive, madness. I’ll get a replica one for £10-20 I think then. I’ll use the passback and what I have for a wee while though! Understandable why you don’t want it to go outside! Have you thrown it ever? :tongue:

Yeah, I think I’ll go with Cutters! I was just going with the looks since it was your money not mine :ninja: :laugh:
Original post by R-KAM
I didn’t realise an actual game ball was so expensive, madness. I’ll get a replica one for £10-20 I think then. I’ll use the passback and what I have for a wee while though! Understandable why you don’t want it to go outside! Have you thrown it ever? :tongue:

Yeah, I think I’ll go with Cutters! I was just going with the looks since it was your money not mine :ninja: :laugh:

Oh yeah man it's the same with soccer balls replica ones cost like 15 but the in game soccer balls are unbelievably pricey. I throw it to my brother in the house like where theres carpet so it won't get scuffed or dented but I will never throw it where there's mud. Until I can afford another game ball it's a no throw :laugh:

Grrr sneaky.... Il decide later on which to buy. Also need a new mouth guard any one know of a comfortable one with a tether.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5999
Oh yeah man it's the same with soccer balls replica ones cost like 15 but the in game soccer balls are unbelievably pricey. I throw it to my brother in the house like where theres carpet so it won't get scuffed or dented but I will never throw it where there's mud. Until I can afford another game ball it's a no throw :laugh:

Grrr sneaky.... Il decide later on which to buy. Also need a new mouth guard any one know of a comfortable one with a tether.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you can ever afford to spend £70 on a throw about ball, congratulations on your successful career :laugh:

Me? Never :gah:

Afraid I don’t… Will steal someone else’s review as well probably…

Latest