The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7160
Original post by justinawe
Or if his predicted grades were not satisfactory for him :tongue:

That too... I'd be delighted however. My predicted grades are higher than what i realistically think I'll achieve. Also don't they usually give you your mock grade... Not predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7161
Original post by Olympiad
hmm yeah, I'd rather do exams than have to have a surgery,

Hope it all goes well for him!

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, surgery isn't that bad, well the surgery I had wasn't bad.
Original post by Jina
That too... I'd be delighted however. My predicted grades are higher than what i realistically think I'll achieve. Also don't they usually give you your mock grade... Not predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought predicted was based on mock?
The school send our predicted grades to the exam boards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good Evening :hi:
Original post by Vionar
To be honest, surgery isn't that bad, well the surgery I had wasn't bad.

Depends what the surgery is for,
Though I know too many people suffering from various illness I feel upset when I know somebody needs one even if it is for something minor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

My "predicted grades" were based off my mock grades, so I guess you could say it's essentially the same thing?

I would have been happy with my predicted grades too... my predicted grades were (slightly) better than my real grades :lol: but people do get underpredicted sometimes, so it would suck if that happened to him!
Reply 7166
Depends what the surgery is for,
Though I know too many people suffering from various illness I feel upset when I know somebody needs one even if it is for something minor

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it really can change depending on the situation and the illness.
I'm sorry you know so many people who are ill!
Reply 7167
Original post by Jina
Omg... All his predicted grades?! That's so cool for him... Unless of course his illness is serious. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

awww - that happened to my friend too though she decided to take a year out in order to recover and resit GCSE's somewhere else; despite having average predicted grades
ABBBBCCC I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by MattFletcher
I'd say that's so cool, but having surgery though! And it might have bad consequences when he gets to A-Levels

I feel sorry for him because he has to have surgery but his predicted grades are all like A*-B, and he wouldn't even get them if he did the exams because he puts no effort into subjects, especially french where he is predicted an A!

Oh and it surgery on his legs
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jina
Haha my school has given us cards already so we can log on and find out our results online the day before results day. -_- We haven't even done the exams yet.

Haha prefect was the best thing that happened to me! Except for lunch duty every week. -_- You get to meet all these cool visitors that come to your school - this years prefects met Camilla.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the point of results day except to find out your results from other exam boards then. :tongue:
My "predicted grades" were based off my mock grades, so I guess you could say it's essentially the same thing?

I would have been happy with my predicted grades too... my predicted grades were (slightly) better than my real grades :lol: but people do get underpredicted sometimes, so it would suck if that happened to him!

Well, my teachers predicted us grades higher/lower too depending on what they think we will genuinely get.
For example; I was ill on the day of one exam in Classics and got a D in that but A*'s in the others so my teacher predicted me an A* overall despite that not being my average - he even found out after doing my prediction I was ill,
And in Geography my friend got an A* for the human exam and a U for skills (virtually everybody failed skills since we didn't revise/practise at all :tongue:) and her prediction was a B

What subjects did you get lower than expected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
Yeah, it really can change depending on the situation and the illness.
I'm sorry you know so many people who are ill!

May I ask, what was your surgery for?
ahh that's ok! Just friends, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7171
Original post by yellowcopter
What's the point of results day except to find out your results from other exam boards then. :tongue:

Haha what makes you think I'll check mg results. I will prolong it for as long as possible. What annoys me is that schools and teachers know your grades before you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, my teachers predicted us grades higher/lower too depending on what they think we will genuinely get.
For example; I was ill on the day of one exam in Classics and got a D in that but A*'s in the others so my teacher predicted me an A* overall despite that not being my average - he even found out after doing my prediction I was ill,
And in Geography my friend got an A* for the human exam and a U for skills (virtually everybody failed skills since we didn't revise/practise at all :tongue:) and her prediction was a B

What subjects did you get lower than expected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just Bio (predicted A* achieved A). I really messed up that exam :tongue: mine were IGCSEs which are linear, so mess up one paper and you're pretty much done for! Can't say I was too disappointed though, I don't really care for Bio at all.
Reply 7173
May I ask, what was your surgery for?
ahh that's ok! Just friends, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was for my arm, I had three in total for it. I also had two when I was a baby! So far my count is five!
The time I visited Edinburgh? Did I tell you about that... or have you been stalking me? :sly:

But yes, it was that same time :colone:

ikr... I'm thin enough already as it is, half hour bike rides everyday and I'll be skinny enough to make Kate Moss jealous :rolleyes:

No, you told me :wink:

Hahaha! xD Bro, do you even lift? :colone:
Just Bio (predicted A* achieved A). I really messed up that exam :tongue: mine were IGCSEs which are linear, so mess up one paper and you're pretty much done for! Can't say I was too disappointed though, I don't really care for Bio at all.

I'm doing IGCSE's too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Felix Felicis
No, you told me :wink:

Hahaha! xD Bro, do you even lift? :colone:

hah! I tried going to the gym a few times, but never really kept up a proper routine so it was obviously ineffective.

I finish all my A-levels except Additional Further Maths in January though (international student so still have Jan exams :colone:), so I'll have about half a year of nothing to do besides AFM and STEP prep. I'll probably try and get back into it then. So half a year of just maths and lifting :awesome:
I'm doing IGCSE's too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool, what exam board? Mine were CIE.
Original post by Jina
Haha what makes you think I'll check mg results. I will prolong it for as long as possible. What annoys me is that schools and teachers know your grades before you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well my school are quite dramatic over our results. :tongue: My sister got mostly B's yet the head teacher still got really happy and said to her 'you can get into any college with these results!'

Turns out she got into none she wanted. :rolleyes: Anyway good luck with all your exams and results for those you've done. :biggrin:
Ah cool, what exam board? Mine were CIE.

Edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile