The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jina
Haha what makes you think I'll check mg results. I will prolong it for as long as possible. What annoys me is that schools and teachers know your grades before you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:sadnod:
Reply 7201
Original post by gomg
13th May - French reading and listening!!

I think I'm doing them! AQA?
Original post by Bluffroom
well that makes no sense - it's only a part grade so i think she is just being iffy with you :unimpressed:

I know right!
I once got an A* in a paper WHICH SHE MADE HERSELF
and then accused me of cheating :wut:

Nevertheless, she is an amazing teacher - if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have taken Geography - we had a terrible teacher in Year 7 & 8 and she made me hate Geography so much. Year 9 we had the current one and she inspired me so much to study it further, she's leaving at the end of the year ;'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7203
Original post by Vionar
I think I'm doing them! AQA?

yep :smile: I'm excited for them, apart from the true/false/not mentioned questions in reading because I don't know when to put false or not mentioned :frown:
Reply 7204
Original post by paulpscully
When's everyone's first exam? Mine's on the 13th for Religion (Edexcel) D: I haven't even started revising yet! :eek:

We're doing the same exam! Lol which religion are you doing it with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olympiad
I know right!
I once got an A* in a paper WHICH SHE MADE HERSELF
and then accused me of cheating :wut:

Nevertheless, she is an amazing teacher - if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have taken Geography - we had a terrible teacher in Year 7 & 8 and she made me hate Geography so much. Year 9 we had the current one and she inspired me so much to study it further, she's leaving at the end of the year ;'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

bit bitchy.

Aww :sad: at least you had her for GCSE then
[Being realistic] I want to get 3 A*s, 5As and 2 Bs :smile:
Reply 7207
Original post by Elm Tree

You can do it... :smile: I want a C for music, all im asking for. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7208
Original post by gomg
yep :smile: I'm excited for them, apart from the true/false/not mentioned questions in reading because I don't know when to put false or not mentioned :frown:

I'm definitely not excited for them! I'm doing them early (year ten) and I don't really know much vocab. Also, I've only done two writings, and no speakings with the deadline for coursework on Tuesday, so I have to do one speaking on Thursday and one on Tuesday and get a same day courier to take it to AQA!
Original post by Jina
We're doing the same exam! Lol which religion are you doing it with?

Ahh, good luck! :biggrin: & I'm doing Catholic Christianity (Unit 3) because I go to a Catholic school hehe :P what about you? Btw what grade you hoping to get? I'm PRAYING for an A! :P
Reply 7210
Original post by Vionar
I'm definitely not excited for them! I'm doing them early (year ten) and I don't really know much vocab. Also, I've only done two writings, and no speakings with the deadline for coursework on Tuesday, so I have to do one speaking on Thursday and one on Tuesday and get a same day courier to take it to AQA!

Why don't you just do speaking next year? At least you'll be able to retake the exams next year if you're not happy with your grades
Original post by Jina
You can do it... :smile: I want a C for music, all im asking for. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha lol, on my report sheet it says I'm on a low C for music..

I don't even take it!!
Reply 7212
Original post by gomg
Why don't you just do speaking next year? At least you'll be able to retake the exams next year if you're not happy with your grades

I can't do it next year because I'm being entered for this year. They don't allow you to do it over different years, it would be fine if I was doing the exams next year, but not for this year, the controlled assessments would have been done last year if I was actually a year eleven. Yeah, but I'm hoping I won't need to resit!
Original post by Bluffroom
bit bitchy.

Aww :sad: at least you had her for GCSE then

Yeah, I think she knows it too but her teaching out weighs all the reasons to hate her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7214
Original post by paulpscully
Ahh, good luck! :biggrin: & I'm doing Catholic Christianity (Unit 3) because I go to a Catholic school hehe :P what about you? Btw what grade you hoping to get? I'm PRAYING for an A! :P

Thanks! Ahh don't you have to do two religions? I'm doing Christianity and Islam :smile: Memorising all the quotes is hard for Christianity! ;/
I'm PRAYING for an A too :/ I got a B on the mock in December without revision, so something needs to happen before the 13th for my A! Good luck to you too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7215
Haha lol, on my report sheet it says I'm on a low C for music..

I don't even take it!!

Damnn youuuu! Haha I'm expecting a D... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Thanks! Ahh don't you have to do two religions? I'm doing Christianity and Islam :smile: Memorising all the quotes is hard for Christianity! ;/
I'm PRAYING for an A too :/ I got a B on the mock in December without revision, so something needs to happen before the 13th for my A! Good luck to you too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That something is revision. Revision needs to happen! :tongue:
Reply 7217
Original post by Vionar
I can't do it next year because I'm being entered for this year. They don't allow you to do it over different years, it would be fine if I was doing the exams next year, but not for this year, the controlled assessments would have been done last year if I was actually a year eleven. Yeah, but I'm hoping I won't need to resit!

Some people in my school started spanish in year 9 and did exams in year 10, they got good coursework grades but rubbish exam grades so all failed, they are resitting exams this year - they didn't have to redo the coursework it just got resubmitted
Reply 7218
Original post by gomg
Some people in my school started spanish in year 9 and did exams in year 10, they got good coursework grades but rubbish exam grades so all failed, they are resitting exams this year - they didn't have to redo the coursework it just got resubmitted

Wow, I hope I don't end up like that! Hmm, I don't know why my school can't do it then!

I'm going for 4 A* s 3 As and 3Bs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest