The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LaughingGas
5-7 hours after school?

Yeah, Baring in mind that I finish school at 1am at least 4 days a week, and my nearest exam is in less than a months time.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by madz2802
I think one of the teachers at our school made the doc Brown site :smile:
It's really useful

I really think my Physics teacher made Google :smile:
Reply 342
What a fun day I have tomorrow, one history mock and my biology evaluative paper... wish me luck:frown:
Reply 343
Original post by Imekolo
Any website recommendations for A Level Chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Believe it or not there's a really helpful website called... You guessed it: alevelchemistry It has revision notes and LOADS of practice questions. I don't know what I'd do without it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 344
Lol, obviously blessed!

Original post by taintedCH
I didn't revise at all for AS, got 2 A's and a B. I don't plan on revising much for A2 either, just briefly reading a summary of the book before the Unit 4 exam.

Edit: But this is because I'm taking languages which I already speak. :wink:
Reply 345
Original post by Ren_9
Believe it or not there's a really helpful website called... You guessed it: alevelchemistry It has revision notes and LOADS of practice questions. I don't know what I'd do without it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh thank you very much! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
how about NONE!

MY exam is next week!!!!!!!!!
Reply 347
How many hours is everyone revising after school then? :smile:

5 - 6 hours? I go to bed as soon as I come back from school, wake up 12:00/1:00 and revise til the Sun comes up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Websites for a level salters chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 349
Having a good day off from revision today, well after school today anyways (did quite a lot of work at school), long week so need a break. What about everyone else?
(edited 10 years ago)
Having a good day off from revision today, well not after school today anyways (did quite a lot of work at school), long week so need a break. What about everyone else?

Same, took the day off, tried revising in the morning but just couldn't.
Oh well, going to suffer for this tomorrow now. I keep thinking of the depression I'll fall into if I fail to get the AAA i need to make my firm choice. Aargh.
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't exactly count the hours, I set myself targets instead. But even within that, I procrastinate a lot (exhibit A)
It varies day to day for me, around 3 hours everyday TBH, same for weekends.
For example I did 2 hours Saturday, 4 hours Sunday, 1 hour yesterday and 6 hours today (including frees I used to revise) so around 3 hours, although I dont really revise on Saturdays for more than an hour as coach and watched my beloved Derby County! I think 3 hours is ok, have 7 AS exams, and did 2 hours a day, for a week before my Jan exam and got ABBE (E was in Biology, and I know where I went wrong).
To summarise 3hrs a day is probably about right as long as its focused and you dont procasinate for it
Reply 353
Original post by calm down
It varies day to day for me, around 3 hours everyday TBH, same for weekends.
For example I did 2 hours Saturday, 4 hours Sunday, 1 hour yesterday and 6 hours today (including frees I used to revise) so around 3 hours, although I dont really revise on Saturdays for more than an hour as coach and watched my beloved Derby County! I think 3 hours is ok, have 7 AS exams, and did 2 hours a day, for a week before my Jan exam and got ABBE (E was in Biology, and I know where I went wrong).
To summarise 3hrs a day is probably about right as long as its focused and you dont procasinate for it

3 hours sounds great, I came out with ABC (I'm retaking the C, my technique was wrong) in my January exams, I did about 4 hours a day in the holidays and about 2 hours after school every day. I'm doing 2 hours after school a day, this will probably increase one or two weeks before the exams (they start of the 21st for me). For me 2 hours doesn't over do it and I can at least have some time to relax in the evening and just finish up on some homework. :smile:
3 hours sounds great, I came out with ABC (I'm retaking the C, my technique was wrong) in my January exams, I did about 4 hours a day in the holidays and about 2 hours after school every day. I'm doing 2 hours after school a day, this will probably increase one or two weeks before the exams (they start of the 21st for me). For me 2 hours doesn't over do it and I can at least have some time to relax in the evening and just finish up on some homework. :smile:

Before my Jan Exams I did around 3hrs a day in the holidays for a week, and then 2hours a night for a week, got ABBE (resitting E) so not to bad
Reply 355
7 to 8 hours, but taking breaks between each hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cvergarab
7 to 8 hours, but taking breaks between each hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this asside from where you study? Or including time at school or college or whatnot?
Reply 357
Well this is on my free time, when i dont have to go to school. In school I study like 8 hours daily and after school like about 3 more doing my homework and stuff. Obviously preparing an important exam is different that doing basic homework...I beggin IB exams today soy that is why I'm studying that much.
I do about 3 hours everyday after school and then between 2-6 hours on the weekend.

i know that sounds loads but guys I have 19 exams starting in two weeks! So really I'm not doing a lot per subject it's just overall! And I'm bricking it haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PilotHolly
I do about 3 hours everyday after school and then between 2-6 hours on the weekend.

i know that sounds loads but guys I have 19 exams starting in two weeks! So really I'm not doing a lot per subject it's just overall! And I'm bricking it haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im doing the same ammount for 7 as levels, what qualifications are yours for? good luck also :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending