The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="LucyQ;42424717"]
Original post by Blueray2

yes page 28, although I hope it's not different as mine is about 3 years old.

It says something about dutch polders etc.... :s-smilie: Are you sure your correct? Find out tomorrow with your teacher, I will as well :smile:
Reply 301
Have any of you started past papers or revised everything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaydude
Have any of you started past papers or revised everything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, i'm about to start some some questions now :biggrin:
Does anyone know what key things to look for in a describing question for population such as a map or a picture showing something? :s-smilie:
Like a trend or something? :smile:

Thanks
I'm thinking I might just give up with revision posters now and start past papers, anything I cannot do I can just learn from the mark schemes, the exams way too close :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What topic do you think will come up in the skills paper, rivers seems to come up a lot?
Reply 306
what rivers case studies does everyone have? I literally only know about an MEDC and LEDC flood:/
also can someone help me with writing 15 mark questions, the highest I've ever got is 10 marks and my teacher isn't very useful in telling me how to improve:smile:
Reply 307
Has anyone had their mock exam yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luis suarez LFC
What topic do you think will come up in the skills paper, rivers seems to come up a lot?

its rivers or population

Original post by student55
what rivers case studies does everyone have? I literally only know about an MEDC and LEDC flood:/
also can someone help me with writing 15 mark questions, the highest I've ever got is 10 marks and my teacher isn't very useful in telling me how to improve:smile:

Have you got that cgp book? :biggrin:

Original post by ItsImran
Has anyone had their mock exam yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were not even doing a mock, no point tbh, just going through it instead.
Does anyone know what key things to look for in a describing question for population such as a map or a picture showing something? :s-smilie:
Like a trend or something? :smile:

Thanks

If it's describing a trend (from a graph):
1) General Pattern of the trend eg. decreasing/increasing etc.
2) Specific details/data/examples
3) Any anomalies
Im doing Rivers, Energy, Glaciation and Population and there is so much to learn for Glaciation and Rivers! Just a tip for anyone doing Glaciation, Glacier National Park in the US has a lot of the key landforms, like Pyramidal peaks etc. so you could use it as a Case study rather than learning loads. but I would check if it does have the one you are going to use before using it :biggrin:
Original post by confusedperson.
If it's describing a trend (from a graph):
1) General Pattern of the trend eg. decreasing/increasing etc.
2) Specific details/data/examples
3) Any anomalies

Ha yeah thanks for that :biggrin:

Original post by Cattey watty
Im doing Rivers, Energy, Glaciation and Population and there is so much to learn for Glaciation and Rivers! Just a tip for anyone doing Glaciation, Glacier National Park in the US has a lot of the key landforms, like Pyramidal peaks etc. so you could use it as a Case study rather than learning loads. but I would check if it does have the one you are going to use before using it :biggrin:

Oh cool :biggrin: River case studies and landforms :s-smilie:
Reply 312

Have you got that cgp book? :biggrin:

Yeah I do but the only one in there is South Asia and Carlisle and people on here seem to have loads:/
Original post by student55
Yeah I do but the only one in there is South Asia and Carlisle and people on here seem to have loads:/

I'll find out tomorrow for you :smile: Ask your teacher as well :biggrin:
Reply 314
there is a question on chinese one child policy coming up on exam thats all i know
That was on last years exam and its not in cgp book either
Reply 316
The questions on sand dunes in the January 2011 paper are so confusing :s-smilie:
Reply 317
January 2013 mark scheme anyone?
Original post by LucyQ
The questions on sand dunes in the January 2011 paper are so confusing :s-smilie:

Oh I did that one before :smile: Just use the marksschme and memorise it :biggrin:
Original post by LucyQ
January 2013 mark scheme anyone?

Nope :frown: Ask your teacher to upload it :smile:
Original post by NewCeremony
I'm thinking I might just give up with revision posters now and start past papers, anything I cannot do I can just learn from the mark schemes, the exams way too close :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

U still go 2 weeks (and i understand that u may have other subjects to revise for) U can still do a bit of revision and past papers. I don't think marking schemes alone will help u achieve a high score but u do however it suits u. U will be alright, don't give up.
FYI, I am in the same position. I didn't do as much revision as I should have but i still gonna use my time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending