The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr. Django
wish i was in your position already ahaha! i've focused too much on chemistry and neglected biology a little :s-smilie: good luck though, sounds like you'll boss it

I am doing the opposite really..

I am prioritizing maths as I need 95+UMS across all 3 modules to do further maths next year :afraid:
Original post by upthegunners
I am doing the opposite really..

I am prioritizing maths as I need 95+UMS across all 3 modules to do further maths next year :afraid:

Jeez! I'm the opposite again, maths is the least of my worries as I only need B/C's for an A, although hopefully i'll do better so i have the option of further! It'll all turn out well in the end!
Reply 42
any1 up for revision?
Original post by BioGeek
any1 up for revision?

Hey are you doing F212 as well? :s-smilie:
Original post by BioGeek
any1 up for revision?

Whilst I have finished with F212, I'm more than happy to bounce questions off each other.

Equally, if anyone has anything they require clarifying then ask! :biggrin:
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Whilst I have finished with F212, I'm more than happy to bounce questions off each other.

Equally, if anyone has anything they require clarifying then ask! :biggrin:

Have you done F214 too? :smile:
Original post by Future_Dr
Have you done F214 too? :smile:

Yah, although I'm resitting it in June to increase my overall UMS.
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Yah, although I'm resitting it in June to increase my overall UMS.

Nice.. prehaps you could drop by in my F214 thread and we could revise a little. It's awfully quite.
Reply 48
Original post by Future_Dr
Hey are you doing F212 as well? :s-smilie:

Doing all 4 going for A* :biggrin:
Original post by BioGeek
Doing all 4 going for A* :biggrin:

all four :eek: wow. What did you have previously? :biggrin:
Reply 50
Hi,
I'm doing the F212 biology exam in June. I got a B in F211 when I did it in January. I am aiming for at least an A and I was wondering if anyone had any useful revision tips? :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by LA_95
Hi,
I'm doing the F212 biology exam in June. I got a B in F211 when I did it in January. I am aiming for at least an A and I was wondering if anyone had any useful revision tips? :smile:

just practice questions thats the most useful thing as you see what language the examiners and want and since questions are reused a lot it is very helpful
Original post by Munrot07
just practice questions thats the most useful thing as you see what language the examiners and want and since questions are reused a lot it is very helpful

they word the question in very odd way

I often feel that they are not specific enough in the question but yet the mark shemes demand such specific answers

meh
Reply 53

I often feel that they are not specific enough in the question but yet the mark shemes demand such specific answers

meh

They like giving general questions as they make you think and apply what you know and usually the mark scheme has many valid points to cover a range of answers :smile: I like those questions
Reply 54
They like giving general questions as they make you think and apply what you know and usually the mark scheme has many valid points to cover a range of answers :smile: I like those questions

So is learning the mark schemes a useful way of revising?
Reply 55
Original post by LA_95
So is learning the mark schemes a useful way of revising?

Definitely, i got 100% in my January exam and that would not have happened if I had not done loads of past questions and learnt the answers i got wrong from the mark scheme as about 10 marks out of 60 were exactly repeated questions :P
Reply 56
Definitely, i got 100% in my January exam and that would not have happened if I had not done loads of past questions and learnt the answers i got wrong from the mark scheme as about 10 marks out of 60 were exactly repeated questions :P

Thanks :smile: I'll have a closer look at the mark schemes. Does anyone have any predictions as to what topics are more likely to appear in the f212 exam?
Reply 57
Original post by LA_95
Thanks :smile: I'll have a closer look at the mark schemes. Does anyone have any predictions as to what topics are more likely to appear in the f212 exam?

DNA, enzymes, and evolution and classification as they didn't come up much in the january paper, I think it will be light on the food and health and heavy on the biodiversity
Reply 58

meh

Hi want to revise chapter 1
Reply 59
Original post by Dr. Django
Jeez! I'm the opposite again, maths is the least of my worries as I only need B/C's for an A, although hopefully i'll do better so i have the option of further! It'll all turn out well in the end!

Hi want to revise chapter 1

Latest

Trending

Trending