The Student Room Group

GCSE exams in May/June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
I'm a professional procrastinator, but I've done a little revision - SO PROUD, haha.
I've got French Speaking & Listening, Award in Algebra, Biology, Physics, English lit, Graphics, Geography, Business Practical, Business Written (and depending on the results I get on Thurs Maths & Maths)
Original post by megz13
I'm a professional procrastinator, but I've done a little revision - SO PROUD, haha.
I've got French Speaking & Listening, Award in Algebra, Biology, Physics, English lit, Graphics, Geography, Business Practical, Business Written (and depending on the results I get on Thurs Maths & Maths)

do you get your maths results from the exams in march ? i'm on aqa
Reply 342
I have
1 English lang
2 English lit
2 Maths
1 M4 science
2 History
1 Ict
1 Citizenship

i told myself i will revise over easter but it never happened so i've made a time table to start this weekend..i have exams from 17th may to 14th june...
really need to push on and revise...
Reply 343
1 English lang
2 English lit
2 Maths
1 M4 science
2 History
1 Ict
1 Citizenship

i told myself i will revise over easter but it never happened so i've made a time table to start this weekend..i have exams from 17th may to 14th june...
really need to push on and revise...
Reply 344
How to get A grade in all gcse subjects
CCEA ict unit 3
AQA business studies unit 2
OCR b additional science
Edexcel re religion and life and religion and society
Edexcel maths
AQA english language

Is there any good revision methods that you use to get A grades

Are past papers a good way to revise

Many thanks
Reply 345
Original post by Hassan_786
Is anyone doing the Further maths gcse level 2 exam in June 2013. If so i need help :eek:

I'm doing it, but I'm so screwed I'm considering withdrawing :s-smilie:
am doing 4:

CIE English Lang IGCSE - hoping for A
Edexcel P1 Science - hoping for A*
Edexcel C1 Science - hoping for a* too
Edexcel Citizenship - a*-A mayb
Edexcel Maths Linear - A*-B *prays*
Original post by ahmed1997
Hi, how many ISAs have u done? If so what did u get in each ISA.

I've done 4 (one was a resit). The one that counts towards my core grade I got 43/50 (my teacher said this should be an A, but let's hope the grade boundaries aren't too high!), and then the one that will count towards the additional I got 41/50. Hope I helped! :biggrin:
Guys i'm so frickin scared !!!!! I know i have been through mocks and tests in exam conditions but the examiners have to understand that i suffer from anxiety gosh i need to calm down...... They'll be over in less than two months :frown:
Original post by Flo_97
For Business studies are you AQA
For RE are you edexcel

No, I'm OCR for business I'm afraid! But I am Edexcel for RE :smile:
Reply 350
Original post by MollyMcFly1
No, I'm OCR for business I'm afraid! But I am Edexcel for RE :smile:

How are you revising for RE?
Original post by Flo_97

I'm not as it's only half a GCSE and I have more important subjects to focus on, considering I didn't mention it in my college application! Probably just read through my notes, but I don't have many as 1 lesson every 2 weeks with a geography teacher who knows nothing about the subjects isn't the best :P
englishbiz.co.uk is really great for english revision!!

my exams: 3x history (nazi germany, 20s-90s USA, depression war and recovery), 3x maths (2 linear and unit 3 mod) 3x english (poetry retake, that one with the newspaper articles and of mice and men), graphics & enterprise and employability
Reply 353
I have got 12 exams :/ hope everyone does well in theres :biggrin:
I have 2 exams; GCSE Astronomy and Citizenship during the 3rd week of may. I'll probably get tonnes of exams in year 11. I haven't started revising yet but will be starting soon. Unfortunately, I have to do my DofE expedition the weekend before.

But I got a lot of controlled assessments in; GCSE Computing, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, German, Geography, Astronomy and Business studies. :frown:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099
8/10 if I have to resit my January Sciences:
Further Maths:Non Calculator 1h30
Further Maths:Calculator 2h
Maths: Unit 3 1h30
Re: Unit 8 1h30
Geography: Unit 3 1h
French: Unit 1 0h35/0h45 depending on F/H definitely resitting January
French: Unit 2 0h30/0h50 depending on F/H definitely resitting January
Biology : Unit 2 1h
*Chemistry : Unit 2 1h probably not resitting
*Physics : Unit 2 1h probably not resitting

No more than 10 though and 3 are Maths exams!I will probably start revising around Easter and have just finished revising for the January exams!

I'm doing re unit 8 as well its only just over 2 weeks away now! I wish time would just slow down !
Religious studies unit 8-may
biology unit 1 retake -June
chemsitry unit 1 retake -June
film studies paper 1- June
films studies paper 2 - June

I'm actually looking forward to the science ones as I've set myself the target of getting 100ums in atleast one of them (yes I'm sad like that !)
i can't wait to get the RE over and done with,as I got an A last year so I just need to get a high B and that will all be over.
I'm dreading the film studies ones as WJEC don't even have a revision guide and there grade boundaries are really high you need 44/50 for an A* ;(
Reply 357
Chemistry C1, C2, C3
Maths [Cal. + Non Cal.]
Statistics
^^All Edexcel

6 exams only :biggrin: Next year will be deadly. Not looking forward to it. I'm cherishing every moment I have right now. :tongue:
Original post by Flo_97

Tell me your email and I will send you other loads of really useful reviison resources that I am using :smile:
Reply 359
GCSE tips. (yes, I did GCSEs once too)

1. Turn up to the exam hall

2. Pick up your pen

3. Open your paper

4. Write in the answers

This may seen like rather arbitrary advice, but trust me, do it and you'll be going out and get absolutely pissed the night of your results as you will be overwhelmed with the happiness of attaining 10A* +

Francis

Quick Reply