The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by Kado
Lukas "The Nadal Slayer" Rosol beat Garcia-Lopez 63 62 to claim his first title.

Currently nadal being slayed by almagro 3/0 down first set:frown:
Reply 1301
[video="youtube;mcYIYYNcEXY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcYIYYNcEXY[/video]
Original post by ubi1
[video="youtube;mcYIYYNcEXY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcYIYYNcEXY[/video]

That Fognini in the towel? The exhibitionist :P

Phenomenal - Rafa's 8th Barcelona title to add to his 8 MC. :biggrin: Almagro started off strong but I was never worried - we've seen so many times how Rafa starts slow and reels his opponent in. He played some great tennis in the end and was within himself in the second set.
Reply 1303
Fognini :sexface:
Reply 1304
Original post by Sirocco11
That Fognini in the towel? The exhibitionist :P

Phenomenal - Rafa's 8th Barcelona title to add to his 8 MC. :biggrin: Almagro started off strong but I was never worried - we've seen so many times how Rafa starts slow and reels his opponent in. He played some great tennis in the end and was within himself in the second set.

Yes and due to ferrers early loss in barcelona he lost some points as he was the runner up last year and there is still some hope of rafa just sneaking into the world no.4 position only if he wins madrid
Reply 1305
Barcelona final was nice, slow start from Rafa but he settled in soon after he went down that double break, liked the outcome, an 8th title there! :biggrin: (although Rafa defintely played better in the semi against Raonic.) I'm not positive at all about Madrid, i'm setting my expectations low :redface:

Not sure if i'll do the draw challenge for Madrid, I flopped majorly with Monte Carlo, I still haven't gone back to check my final showing lol. The draw will be done on Friday.
Reply 1306
Original post by Natty.B
Barcelona final was nice, slow start from Rafa but he settled in soon after he went down that double break, liked the outcome, an 8th title there! :biggrin: (although Rafa defintely played better in the semi against Raonic.) I'm not positive at all about Madrid, i'm setting my expectations low :redface:

Not sure if i'll do the draw challenge for Madrid, I flopped majorly with Monte Carlo, I still haven't gone back to check my final showing lol. The draw will be done on Friday.

Your scared about Madrid am scared about RG after nadals loss in monte carlo, If he faces djokovic again on clay mostly likely he will lose, since IW hes not even playing really good tennis.I want to know why?
Reply 1307
Original post by ubi1
Your scared about Madrid am scared about RG after nadals loss in monte carlo, If he faces djokovic again on clay mostly likely he will lose, since IW hes not even playing really good tennis.I want to know why?

He did just come back from months off injured.
Reply 1308
Original post by Prendah
He did just come back from months off injured.

I know but he has 2 loses and they were on clay this season and not any on other surface which is quite surprising.
Reply 1309
Original post by ubi1
I know but he has 2 loses and they were on clay this season and not any on other surface which is quite surprising.

He has only played 1 hard court tournament, hes pretty much only played on clay.
Reply 1310
Original post by Prendah
He has only played 1 hard court tournament, hes pretty much only played on clay.

Exactly.Am waiting for the day i see Nadal play aggressive like he did in 2010:redface:
Reply 1311
Original post by ubi1

Like Prendah explained, he has only been playing tennis for like 2 full months after being off the tour for 7, he still isn't close to his previous level, he needs more time, more matches.

I'll worry about RG when RG starts, as for now there are two Clay masters coming up, his form may improve, it may not, he might get beaten by Djokovic also, he may not. We shall see.

And as for wondering why his level has "dropped" since IW, please go and read some of his press conferences from Monte Carlo, that will answer all of your questions.
Also his level wasn't actually that high at Indian Wells. He got a draw full of players who his playstyle naturally functions well against, and then a tired Del Potro in the final. Much like Murray at Miami, it was a win in spite the level of play not because of it.
Reply 1313
Original post by TopHat
Also his level wasn't actually that high at Indian Wells. He got a draw full of players who his playstyle naturally functions well against, and then a tired Del Potro in the final. Much like Murray at Miami, it was a win in spite the level of play not because of it.

I agree, had Del Potro lost to Djokovic, it's fairly obvious who would be the Indian Wells winner right now.
Reply 1314
Del Potro out of Madrid. Goffin takes his place in the main draw. Looks like his RG prep will be Rome only.
Reply 1315
Original post by Natty.B
Del Potro out of Madrid. Goffin takes his place in the main draw. Looks like his RG prep will be Rome only.

When is the draw?
Reply 1316
Original post by Prendah
When is the draw?

The draw starts 5.30pm today our time.
Reply 1317
Rafa in Federer's half, Murray in Djokovic's.
Reply 1318
Original post by Prendah
Rafa in Federer's half, Murray in Djokovic's.

So rafa would face federer in quarters?
Original post by ubi1
So rafa would face federer in quarters?

:nah: Ferrer

Latest