The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accommodation Offers: Meet Those In Your Halls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elizabeth95
I'm doing geography with chinese studies, what about

Ahh wow that sounds really good! Physiotherapy :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Forest Bantam
That seems like a stupid rule to be honest. So everyone else gets punished for having thick parents.

No. Instead of being 'thick' some of our parents may have gone to other universities so we don't get entitled to that privilege, or may not have gone at all. I think it's a nice thing they do, it's as if they are keeping up family traditions and whatnot.
Original post by Forest Bantam
That seems like a stupid rule to be honest. So everyone else gets punished for having thick parents.

Think about American universities then. Many of the most 'prestigious' lean heavily towards legacy when it comes to admissions.
Original post by Hippokrates
Alright for some I'm doing medicine and I've ended up in willoughby :/

It's not too bad. Maybe a 25 minute walk? You'll get used to it though. I do pharmacy and have to walk to the QMC sometimes too. I'm currently in Willoughby, so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by oliviagunapalan
It's not too bad. Maybe a 25 minute walk? You'll get used to it though. I do pharmacy and have to walk to the QMC sometimes too. I'm currently in Willoughby, so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks a lot :smile: I got reallocated to Hugh Stewart though
Reply 605
If anyone has been offered Lincoln Hall accommodation, we have our own chat thread now :biggrin: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2326509
Reply 606
do you get notified about your accommodation offer by email?
Original post by PJames
I'm in a studio room in broadgate park (: anyone else?

Me. Worried we gonna lose out a bit socially coz of it :frown: but the room seems v nice
Reply 608
Original post by mandem2k11
Me. Worried we gonna lose out a bit socially coz of it :frown: but the room seems v nice

I PM'd you brah, nearly all the social stuff is in town anyway (it might cost you like 50p more to get a taxi), you have your own Karni team and week 1 reps and everything, you come to the same freshers week nights as everyone else, and campus is like 3 minutes away. You're in a big park filled with 2000+ other like-minded young eager students, in a university with some 25000 like-minded, eager students - you'll be fine! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 609
Original post by emilypsychology
No, it doesn't sound like it. It basically implies they have sent your request to them, so you will have an offer there but they will get back to you on room/offer type :smile:

do you know if you get notified via email? I applied for accommodation on the 19th of march and I STILL haven't received an offer.. I've emailed the accommodation office but they haven't gotten back to me either :s
Original post by emkess95
do you know if you get notified via email? I applied for accommodation on the 19th of march and I STILL haven't received an offer.. I've emailed the accommodation office but they haven't gotten back to me either :s

You do get notified by email. 19th of March? That's even longer than when I applied for accommodation and got an offer.That's bizarre, you're definitely inclined to email and ask about that.
Reply 611
Original post by emilypsychology
You do get notified by email. 19th of March? That's even longer than when I applied for accommodation and got an offer.That's bizarre, you're definitely inclined to email and ask about that.

Oh ok, thank you. The only email I got was the confirmation email to say that my application was received. I've emailed but I got no reply so I think I'll call them up tomorrow as well. I thought it was taking unusually long to get an offer :frown:
Reply 612
Original post by _Mollie_
Has anyone got any reply from Bonington Hall yet?

??
Oh ok, thank you. The only email I got was the confirmation email to say that my application was received. I've emailed but I got no reply so I think I'll call them up tomorrow as well. I thought it was taking unusually long to get an offer :frown:

What did you apply for in terms of accommodation? If you applied for a room type that is currently fully allocated they may be waiting for spaces to free up from people changing their minds and doing second random allocations. They were excellent with me in terms of service and communication. When did you email them? :smile:
Reply 614

For some reason I didn't get an email and waited about a month! Turns out I had an offer for accommodation ages ago, my email must've just got lost... Got scared when I found out because I was past the deadline for accepting it :3
Have you tried logging in to check if you have an offer?
https://accommodation.nottingham.ac.uk/default_all.asp
Reply 615
Is anyone else in Sherwood Hall studying psychology? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does everyone know which room/block they are in?
Reply 617
Original post by ManlykDepression

I've been thinking this! Is it just for the self-catered halls or something?
Reply 618
Original post by ManlykDepression

Original post by Templar49

Exactly what I've been thinking too! XD I'm very curious as well :P I think Templar may be right... or maybe it's after you've sent in your residence form and paid and things? No idea personally.
Reply 619
Original post by Templar49

Yep, for uni park you'll find out when you get there! There's various threads (I've seen Sherwood and Lincoln at any rate) and there will be (already are?) facebook groups called 'Hall X Freshers 2013' or the like - I got in touch with loads of people before arriving, and coincidentally ended up opposite one of them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending