The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7420
Original post by Vionar
It is I'm always speaking to things in my room, that's normal!

I do not! Being alone is fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alone doing WHAT?:eek:
Reply 7421
Just finished my 10 hour final art exam! Very exhausting but at least it is over, I had to hand in my coursework too.
Art GCSE is now over! :biggrin:
Pinch, punch, first of the month :pierre:
Original post by PriyaPaul
Can someone please help me with this question:-

'Religious experiences prove that God exists.'
Explain why.

I don't understand how this can be a question :lolwut:

If it was "Some religious people claim that religious experiences prove that God exists, explain why" I might understand.

Just learnt that a German idiom for oral sex can be translated as "French Sex" :mmm:
Original post by yellowcopter
Hey Year 11s, I'm in Year 10 and wanted to know what revision guides you use for Maths. Not sure whether to get the CGP one linked below or the Edexcel/Pearson official one. Please tell me you think I should get, thanks! :biggrin: I also have MathsWatch to help me.

CGP -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1841465445/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0X129Z7VBMWAN2ABD3P5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=358549767&pf_rd_i=468294

Edexcel official -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revise-Edexcel-Mathematics-Higher-Revision/dp/1446900185/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1367431797&sr=1-1&keywords=edexcel+gcse+mathematics

Which should I get? Anyone have recommendations?

Personally I like the official Edexcel books, but I think CGP would be better if you struggle with maths :smile:
Original post by MangoFreak
Just learnt that a German idiom for oral sex can be translated as "French Sex" :mmm:

Makes sense...

French idiom:
"Touch of a Rapist" ---> "When a German makes advances"
Original post by EduWiz
Yes you do it's not 'healthy' to be on your own:tongue:

lool we both do it's just vionarwho needs to get out more+ how are you?

well fishy does, jina on the other hand :no: (i'm only joking

Spoiler

I'm fine thanks :wink:
Original post by Vionar
I'm just being honest! No one wants me to be two faced!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do have to be honest.. but also at the same time take into consideration what other people may think...
Wow.. I sound serious :tongue:
I don't understand how this can be a question :lolwut:

Rightt.. I really wanted to know that. :K:youuu.. immature mango
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Makes sense...

French idiom:

:eek: :rofl:
Personally I like the official Edexcel books, but I think CGP would be better if you struggle with maths :smile:

Well I'm a C grade at Maths and looking to become a higher grade. I struggle with Maths but I don't want a revision guide that's too simple, just straightforward. Which would be best? :smile:

I'm thinking of also getting this book, it's for the older 2004/2005 specification but I have the C grade version and it's really good and helps a lot. Maybe the A/A* grade book to accompany it will help me as well as 1 of the revision guides? Sounds like a bit much but I'm trying to get an A* :tongue:

Edit: Forgot to add the link to the book I was talking about above
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aim-High-Student-Edexcel-Mathematics/dp/184690188X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1367433770&sr=1-1&keywords=aim+high
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7431
Original post by yellowcopter
Hey Year 11s, I'm in Year 10 and wanted to know what revision guides you use for Maths. Not sure whether to get the CGP one linked below or the Edexcel/Pearson official one. Please tell me you think I should get, thanks! :biggrin: I also have MathsWatch to help me.

CGP -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1841465445/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0X129Z7VBMWAN2ABD3P5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=358549767&pf_rd_i=468294

Edexcel official -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revise-Edexcel-Mathematics-Higher-Revision/dp/1446900185/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1367431797&sr=1-1&keywords=edexcel+gcse+mathematics

Which should I get? Anyone have recommendations?

I'd say the Edexcel one, I had it and it was quite useful - CGP is good but not as good :P

Make sure you don't just rely on that though, past papers and mathswatch are the best revision methods
Original post by justinawe
:eek: :rofl:

I'm kidding :mmm:

Original post by gomg
x

Getting my stats plan marks... It's at least 8/10, added a bit just now, so hopefully even a 10 maybe!:biggrin:

Haven't done many calculations and that though :redface:

You just made a fairly needless comment about how you didn't want to know something :pierre: And you call me immature? :mmm:

(and I fail to see how an amusing idiom is a signpost of immaturity)
Makes sense...

French idiom:

:rofl:

Of course, perhaps that's why you read it? :holmes:
It's not really immature, he stated it in quite an intellectual manner :holmes:

How is everyone? :h:
Reply 7436
I'm kidding :mmm:

Getting my stats plan marks... It's at least 8/10, added a bit just now, so hopefully even a 10 maybe!:biggrin:

Haven't done many calculations and that though :redface:

I'm not doing stats anymore it is really draining me it is so boring and my teacher is a useless immigrant ****, just gunna resit maths and try to get an A* (got an A in November)
Can someone please help me with this question:-

'Religious experiences prove that God exists.'
Explain why.

What board are you on? It's highly unorthodox for it to say "explain why", since God is beyond the corporeal and beyond human understanding, due to His divine nature, therefore you cannot prove that God exists - belief in God is a matter of faith. Instead, I'd interpret it in the same way as the "e" questions that you'd get in the real GCSE (I'm on OCR- it might be different on your board), and replace "explain why" with "discuss".

I'm not sure what religion you're studying in your specification, so I can't help you too much unless you tell me (I can help you a lot with Christianity, but not so much with other faiths because I haven't studied them), but just stay to this structure and you should be fine:

The validity of religious experiences, and as an extension of this, the extent to which they could be used as "evidence" for God's existence is hotly debated.

Some people, e.g. atheists, believe that... •adrenaline causes pain loss, etc, thus "miracle healers" could be monopolising on this by performing in a way that would excite people in return for money
Etc

Other people, such as Catholics... •people experiencing miracles, e.g. at Lourdes, which are fully verified by medical professionals, proves that there must be some form of divine intervention, otherwise this would not be possible, as this is not possible naturally

I personally believe that [put opinion here]

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You just made a fairly needless comment about how you didn't want to know something :pierre: And you call me immature? :mmm:

(and I fail to see how an amusing idiom is a signpost of immaturity)

I know it's not.. I thought about it now..lool oopss :tongue:
Reply 7439
the exam season countdown begins!!!

[video="youtube;9jK-NcRmVcw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw[/video]

Latest