The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Theflyingbarney
Howdy all :smile: Just gatecrashing to see if there are any future Valencians (Pembroke students, for the uninitiated) hanging around?

(Okay, yeah, I just wanted a break from revision :tongue: )

You called? Prospective Pembroke mathematician here.
Original post by DJMayes
You called? Prospective Pembroke mathematician here.

Hello there! :smile: Nice to meet you :tongue: I'm currently a 1st year lawyer so I don't imagine our paths will cross too often, but feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about stuff (preferably stuff I can answer :tongue: )
Hello there! :smile: Nice to meet you :tongue: I'm currently a 1st year lawyer so I don't imagine our paths will cross too often, but feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about stuff (preferably stuff I can answer :tongue: )

Well, you never know! One of the good things about Pembroke from the times I visited (Open Day, Interview) was that everyone mixed together quite comfortably instead of being segregated to subject groups - when I was at interview I was taking to a group containing English, Music, Medicine and Natural Sciences. I have plenty of questions pertaining to Pembroke actually: :lol:

Spoiler

Original post by DJMayes
Well, you never know! One of the good things about Pembroke from the times I visited (Open Day, Interview) was that everyone mixed together quite comfortably instead of being segregated to subject groups - when I was at interview I was taking to a group containing English, Music, Medicine and Natural Sciences. I have plenty of questions pertaining to Pembroke actually: :lol:

Spoiler

True that. I think people do mix a bit more at those kinds of events cause they don't have as much work to do, but yeah, I've got friends doing History, English, Engineering, Linguistics and Natsci.

I'll answer your questions in a PM to save cluttering up this thread :tongue:
I'll answer your questions in a PM to save cluttering up this thread :tongue:
Or head over to the Pembroke thread :wink:
Original post by fluteflute
Or head over to the Pembroke thread :wink:

Also worth a look, it's true. :tongue:
Howdy all :smile: Just gatecrashing to see if there are any future Valencians (Pembroke students, for the uninitiated) hanging around?

Me :biggrin: And most of the mathmos on here as far as I can remember (talk to them) :cool:
Original post by Lost And Confused
Me :biggrin: And most of the mathmos on here as far as I can remember (talk to them) :cool:

Applying to Pembroke for maths was heartbreaking this year, DJ Mayes and LotF,
**** life
Reply 2408
Original post by Emmav123
You do the IB? Wow so nice to meet you! What was your exam? Mine was human rights on Tuesday and English today. What's your offer for Cambridge?

My first exam was English P1, second (later today) is English P2 and after that I'll be done with IB English :O

My offer is 41 with 7 in HL English and History and 6 in the remaining HL - which I guess is a pretty standard Cambridge offer, but ugh... D: Yours?
Reply 2409
Original post by Rushtail
My first exam was English P1, second (later today) is English P2 and after that I'll be done with IB English :O

My offer is 41 with 7 in HL English and History and 6 in the remaining HL - which I guess is a pretty standard Cambridge offer, but ugh... D: Yours?

I finished English today too! I also finished human rights this week. My offer is 40 with 7,7,6 at HL. Mine are English history and biology. How are you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2410
Original post by I am Ace
**** life

You can say that again :rolleyes:
**** life

I'm sorry, if I'd have known I was applying to the same place as LotF I'd probably have reconsidered as well. :lol:

Original post by _Georgie

Were you in direct competition with us? (As in, is there a separate quota for Maths with Physics or does it count to the same one as straight Maths?)
Reply 2412
Original post by DJMayes
I'm sorry, if I'd have known I was applying to the same place as LotF I'd probably have reconsidered as well. :lol:

Were you in direct competition with us? (As in, is there a separate quota for Maths with Physics or does it count to the same one as straight Maths?)

Nope, direct competition! I got squeezed out, but only 2 miles out, so that's okay :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

me! offer for veterinary medicine :smile: didn't know we were called valencians, where does that even come from?
Original post by DJMayes

I wonder how special he'll be when he's there. Above average obviously, but will they bat an eyelid?
I wonder how special he'll be when he's there. Above average obviously, but will they bat an eyelid?

We'll probably meet some 12 year old mastermind who destroys us all. :lol:
Original post by mischief-managed
me! offer for veterinary medicine :smile: didn't know we were called valencians, where does that even come from?

The foundress of the college was Mary de Valence, I believe. Makes it a bit more interesting than other colleges' demonyms though (I mean, "Johnians"? Come on!) :tongue:

Dude are you insane? The only thing they'll be thinking is: who the hell let this guy in. He refuses to do his mechanics assignments, turns up late for supervisions, cannot play pool, thinks he's cool (check out my rhymes yo) and worst of all, he's French.

Original post by DJMayes
We'll probably meet some 12 year old mastermind who destroys us all. :lol:

Ha, this. Next year is going to be such a slap in the face. :biggrin:
Original post by Lord of the Flies
Dude are you insane? The only thing they'll be thinking is: who the hell let this guy in. He refuses to do his mechanics assignments, turns up late for supervisions, cannot play pool, thinks he's cool (check out my rhymes yo) and worst of all, he's French.

Ha, this. Next year is going to be such a slap in the face. :biggrin:

Unless she's female, in which case it'll be more, "he refuses to do his mechanics assignments, he turns up late for supervisions, cannot play pool, but he's French :wink2:
Unless she's female, in which case it'll be more, "he refuses to do his mechanics assignments, he turns up late for supervisions, cannot play pool, but he's French :wink2:

That's part of the plan. :sexface:

Latest

Trending

Trending