The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele 2013/14 Freshers!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sonyaa
I firmed my conditional offer to do Law & Sociology ages ago!! And still haven't heard anything from either UCAS or Keele. Just got a postcard thing from Keele this morning about the excellence scholarship thing. Hope it's all gone through okay, I cannot wait for September!!!!

I got that today too!
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 41
Thrilled to see everyone enthusiastic for their courses and confirmations.Really looking forward to a great year ,(september be soon. :smile: ),just confirmed unconditional offer for neuroscience and psychology dual honours degree.anyone on the same boat? would definitely like to hear and have a chat. best wishes to all freshers :smile:
Original post by EB95
I've firmed Keele to study Biochemistry and Medicinal Chemistry :biggrin: Can't wait for freshers!

I've firmed English and History; can't wait!
Original post by charlotteyasmin
I've firmed History (Single Honours)!
I was wondering where everyone was planning to live next year? When I went to an open day last week, the only rooms I was really impressed with was the Premier Ensuite but the 33 week contract and the lack of parking has put me off a bit. I was considering staying at liberty court or Caledonia House in Stoke on Trent but do you like living off campus would be disadvantageous? I don't want to miss out on anything happening at Keele!

Live on campus in your first year if you can, but I've lived off campus in Newcastle in my first and second year with the same people and don't feel disadvantaged by it. I'm having the chance to live on campus in my third year when I need to be by the library etc, so it kinda works for me.

The 33 week contracts are annoying though cause you literally have to move out all of your stuff over Christmas and Easter, so try and get something with a longer week contact if you're not precious about what the accommodation looks like.
Reply 44
I've firmed Major Geology and Minor Biology. So excited! Though I may switch to the single honour Geoscience - I'll definately be switching to the Masters Geoscience. I was going to apply for that, but I applied so early that the grade requirements had changed after I applied. (Originally ABB, now BBB) That field trip to Utah in second year Geoscience is very tempting plus the Forensic and Historical Geology module...
Original post by galaxyizzie
Congrats on the offer.. and oohh gap year.. thats real nice :smile: :smile: What course have you applied for? Ive recieved an offer to study mpharm starting sept.. im excited.. how you feeling abt keele?

Thank you so much.
I'm really happy I got the offer. It was my first choice Uni and I fell in love wit place the first time I arrived. Who knows what it will be like to live there.. I may end up hating it but at the moment I feel great and I'm really excited.

That sounds awesome! Congratulations by the way. :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by onceuponatomboy
I've already confirmed my place at Keele for 2013/14. (Currently on my gap year). Has anyone else already confirmed their place or hoping for an offer? :smile:

i just received an offer yesterday :smile: waiting for it to come through on ucas to confirm :biggrin:
Original post by Abbeykeele
i just received an offer yesterday :smile: waiting for it to come through on ucas to confirm :biggrin:

Congratulations on your offer. :smile:
anyone heard anything about applying for accommodation??
x
Original post by Laura1234567890
anyone heard anything about applying for accommodation??
x

Nope, I'll start 'worrying' and call them on Monday if we still haven't heard anything.

Not too concerned at the moment though given that applications won't open until next Wednesday and they've said they will only be sending out an e-mail which explains how you apply for accommodation.
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Nope, I'll start 'worrying' and call them on Monday if we still haven't heard anything.

Not too concerned at the moment though given that applications won't open until next Wednesday and they've said they will only be sending out an e-mail which explains how you apply for accommodation.

ahh right
well keele just rang me a minute ago actually asking do i have any questions
so random!
i said i'm pretty sure i'm firming i just need to wait longer to check my predicted grades then asked about accommodation she said once you firm you'll get an e-mail about accommodation "soon" or something similar
so i don't think they've starting sending them out yet
i was nervous that if i don't accept my offer till after 1st of may i'll be disadvantage to those who apply first and she was like no you'll be fine as long as you accept before the deadline
which leads me to believe you don't have to apply until after 8th of may orrr she might have been talking about the accommodation deadline which is the 31st
oh who knows, all will come clear!
Anyone planning to do Pharmacy this September? :biggrin:
Reply 52
Original post by yarshad
Anyone planning to do Pharmacy this September? :biggrin:

Meee!!!!
Original post by ziziee
Meee!!!!

Oooh :P Glad I found a fellow classmate :biggrin:

Have you firmed Keele? :smile:
Confirmed my offer to study medicine :biggrin:

I'm so excited!
Reply 55
Anyone planning to do business management (with marketing)
I have just firmed Keele getting excited now! :biggrin:
Reply 56
Original post by dmerry
Anyone planning to do business management (with marketing)
I have just firmed Keele getting excited now! :biggrin:

Yes! Exactly that actually haha!
Reply 57
Original post by Meaux
Yes! Exactly that actually haha!

Woo found someone :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by dmerry
Woo found someone :smile:

Where are you coming from? ^^
Reply 59
Original post by Meaux