The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7640
Original post by Elm Tree
IMAG0193.jpg

My handwriting..and pen :colone:

:frown: How do you all do it? So neat! I try so hard to be neat as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gomg
wow the dobby one is great, as are the others :P

Who's dobby?:s-smilie:
Reply 7642
Original post by MangoFreak
My school's A Level option blocks are such bull**** for people of mixed interests :mmm:

If you take Maths, you immediately cannot take Geography or English Lit (along with a few other non-subjects :tongue:).

One block consists of Accounting, Art, History, Music Tech, PE and Psychology :rofl:

No languages :colonhash: Evening classes it is for me :emo:

Loool my friend said to the head of department if he doesn't introduce Spanish A levels, she's leaving. We now have Spanish as an option. Our option blocks are amazing ... It's like made for everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7643
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Who's dobby?:s-smilie:

Haha don't tell me that's not dobby. I'm terrified of Harry Potter and I know Dobby looks like that. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7644
So what colour background for top right?

Either something dark or light, wow, that didn't come out as I'd expected! I meant either something like yellow, as you've said or something like black or grey, as Jina's said.
Reply 7645
Original post by Jina
Haha don't tell me that's not dobby. I'm terrified of Harry Potter and I know Dobby looks like that. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ikr it's a perfect drawing of him!!
Original post by PriyaPaul
Since you're good at RS.. can you please help me with this question. Thanks :wink:

Explain why the search for meaning and purpose in life can lead some people to believe in God. (8 marks).

Where's that from? The closest I have is Teleological/Causation arguments. Everything happens for a reason, and had to be created by someone, this may lead to a belief in God. Also, that people believe that life's purpose is complex, and too complex to comprehend and therefore was created by a divine creator, and as the argument of design states, this leaves to a belief in God. I don't fully understand the questions angle is coming from :confused:
Original post by MattFletcher
There's many excuses I want accepted, take "Do you think God Created the World, Give reasons for your opinion"
For No, should accept:

He doesn't exist

Religion is balls

Science says so

There is no proof

It makes no sense

There is no God

How can God create the world if there is no God?

I refuse to believe the same book that allows you to sell your kids as slaves (provided you get a good price)

The Bible is too Old to believe. Needs a Sequel fast

Still No such thing as God

I agree it's bull**** tbh - why are atheists not allowed to give their honest opinion when we have to give opinions which we don't agree with I don't understand. The reasoning that 'it's what you believe in should still work in our favour - as that's our belief :facepalm2:)
Original post by MangoFreak
My school's A Level option blocks are such bull**** for people of mixed interests :mmm:

If you take Maths, you immediately cannot take Geography or English Lit (along with a few other non-subjects :tongue:).

One block consists of Accounting, Art, History, Music Tech, PE and Psychology :rofl:

No languages :colonhash: Evening classes it is for me :emo:

That sucks!! We don't even do option blocks here for GCSE or A-Level to begin with, what happens is they see all applications and see how many students want to do what and what their combinations are; they then start trying to construct their timetables from there. I am for example now choosing to do
French
Spanish
History
Maths
GCSE Latin (gonna ask to drop Computing at interview)

and just because 3 people want to do French and Spanish the entire lower sixth is having it's lessons structured around those two lessons being compatible with each other, which I really love my MFL department for. Miss Lane and Miss Johnson I love you <3
Reply 7648
Original post by gomg

Hahaha... I was going to say it at first but thought better of it. Curious as to who Fish thought he was drawing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

:teehee: it is :tongue:
Original post by Vionar
Either something dark or light, wow, that didn't come out as I'd expected! I meant either something like yellow, as you've said or something like black or grey, as Jina's said.

I did yellow :biggrin:

Original post by gomg

:colondollar:

Finished! Now I need to create three more posters... One has a church... Need ideas on:

Blacks
Women in the home

Spoiler

Reply 7650
Where's that from? The closest I have is Teleological/Causation arguments. Everything happens for a reason, and had to be created by someone, this may lead to a belief in God. Also, that people believe that life's purpose is complex, and too complex to comprehend and therefore was created by a divine creator, and as the argument of design states, this leaves to a belief in God. I don't fully understand the questions angle is coming from :confused:

It's confusing. Purpose of life- we haven't done that. :/ I would've started talking about miracles and prayer and conversion. Lolol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bluffroom
I agree it's bull**** tbh - why are atheists not allowed to give their honest opinion when we have to give opinions which we don't agree with I don't understand. The reasoning that 'it's what you believe in should still work in our favour - as that's our belief :facepalm2:)

We are technically a Christian country since Henry VIII (CofE), even though it's decreasing in Followers and the Islamic following is on the rise as well as those declaring no Religion. The Education system needs re-doing.

Yh I don't exactly get how this is related to our topic. My teacher said this was a tricky questions with an unusual style of wording. She told me that she would've related it to the Design Argument. :confused:

btw how much revision have you done for RS ? :smile:
Original post by Jina
It's confusing. Purpose of life- we haven't done that. :/ I would've started talking about miracles and prayer and conversion. Lolol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wondered that, that's religious experience though, so it could be looking at either angles. Although the Numinous is worth a shout, that'd help with a belief in God, because of the awe of the greater presence.
Original post by Jina
Woah. Woah. Woah. Which topic does that relate to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got noooo idea.. but it was a past paper question :/
Probably The Design Argument ??
Reply 7655
:teehee: it is :tongue:

:colondollar:

Finished! Now I need to create three more posters... One has a church... Need ideas on:

Blacks
Women in the home

Spoiler

Ooh do the Kinder, Kurcher, Kucher whatever... Haha i know i epically failed on the German. But it translates to something like Home, church and something. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7656
Original post by PriyaPaul
Got noooo idea.. but it was a past paper question :/
Probably The Design Argument ??

Haha i'd skip right over it. What are the grade boundaries like for RS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
We are technically a Christian country since Henry VIII (CofE), even though it's decreasing in Followers and the Islamic following is on the rise as well as those declaring no Religion. The Education system needs re-doing.

We are a Christian country because one greedy bastard wanted to tell his wife to do one :sigh: - it shouldn't mean that it is forced down our throats. How many 'Christians' actually believe in God? That's a good question (as a hell of a lot of our country are misrepresented in the census - I'm not Christian but according to my dad I am :facepalm:)

The education does need redoing - it needs to be done in a way so every religion gets an equal amount of focus, atheism and lack of religion needs addressed equally and needs to be done in a way which doesn't make it look like the authors of the textbooks aren't sneering at atheists (which at least one of mine is). They should also just completely change the exam question to being -"do you agree?*

*YOUR HONEST OPINION MAY NOT BE VALID IN THIS SITUATION IF YOU'RE ATHEIST"
Reply 7658

Spoiler

It looks really good! For blacks, you could do something about the Freedom Riders?

I'll get it now, but there aren't many drawings in my books that I have with me!
Original post by Jina
Ooh do the Kinder, Kurcher, Kucher whatever... Haha i know i epically failed on the German. But it translates to something like Home, church and something. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Children Kitchen Church :u:

Latest