Scroll to see replies

Reply 7660
Original post by Bluffroom
Children Kitchen Church :u:

THAT! Haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The world is yours
Original post by l'evil fish
it's coming along slowly... Some of my pieces in one...

Spoiler

also, with this... What colour shall i have the background? (the top right corner one)

DOBBY :love: :love:
Original post by Elm Tree
The world is yours

I knowwwww :daydreaming: :bubbles::dancing::dancing2: ...:tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PriyaPaul
Yh I don't exactly get how this is related to our topic. My teacher said this was a tricky questions with an unusual style of wording. She told me that she would've related it to the Design Argument. :confused:

btw how much revision have you done for RS ? :smile:

Design Argument. Right 8 Marks = 4 related reasons.

William Paley likened the world to a watch, because it contains so many parts fitting together, every part has a purpose, this means something as complicated as the world requires a designer this may lead people to a belief in God if they think they may be the designer who created the world and gave each individual component a purpose.

The World is to complex to just have 'occurred' it requires someone to make sure every single part fits together, this would required the presence of a designer, this may make people believe in God if they believe he's the designer.

The only way something such as the world could have been created is by something greater, as some people believe this is a God, this would make other people searching for a purpose to believe it would be God.

Everything has to have a cause and Thomas Aquinas believed if you revert back to the 'first cause' that this was God, this would make people believe in God while searching for a purpose because God caused them to be there for a given purpose

(Note: 4 isn't a design argument point, but the cosmological, needed a fourth potential idea)
I knowwwww :daydreaming: :bubbles::dancing::dancing2: ...:tongue:

it ain't hard to tell :smile:
Original post by MattFletcher

William Paley likened the world to a watch, because it contains so many parts fitting together, every part has a purpose, this means something as complicated as the world requires a designer this may lead people to a belief in God if they think they may be the designer who created the world and gave each individual component a purpose.

The World is to complex to just have 'occurred' it requires someone to make sure every single part fits together, this would required the presence of a designer, this may make people believe in God if they believe he's the designer.

The only way something such as the world could have been created is by something greater, as some people believe this is a God, this would make other people searching for a purpose to believe it would be God.

Everything has to have a cause and Thomas Aquinas believed if you revert back to the 'first cause' that this was God, this would make people believe in God while searching for a purpose because God caused them to be there for a given purpose

(Note: 4 isn't a design argument point, but the cosmological, needed a fourth potential idea)

Thanks you soo much. That was really helpful :hugs:
Original post by Elm Tree
it ain't hard to tell :smile:

Yh :wink: How are you ?
Reply 7668

That's amazing... However, i can't tell the difference between points 1 & 2...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7669
If any of you take drama, did you make the examiner laugh during the performance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
We are a Christian country because one greedy bastard wanted to tell his wife to do one :sigh: - it shouldn't mean that it is forced down our throats. How many 'Christians' actually believe in God? That's a good question (as a hell of a lot of our country are misrepresented in the census - I'm not Christian but according to my dad I am :facepalm:)

The education does need redoing - it needs to be done in a way so every religion gets an equal amount of focus, atheism and lack of religion needs addressed equally and needs to be done in a way which doesn't make it look like the authors of the textbooks aren't sneering at atheists (which at least one of mine is). They should also just completely change the exam question to being -"do you agree?*

*YOUR HONEST OPINION MAY NOT BE VALID IN THIS SITUATION IF YOU'RE ATHEIST"

My "Education needs Re-doing" isn't just for Education, we're mad, with the extensive exams etc. few other countries do this.
There are Four types of Christian:

"Christian By Record" E.g. Me: according to school/CENSUS Records, they are of this religion, not necessarily true.

"I'm Christian" Christians - Believe God and Jesus therefore Christian, no knowledge about the 35,000 branches within Christianity, quite a lot of people

"Selective Christians" People who follow the 'good bits' of the Bible (that I agree with - Commandments etc.) and possibly some of the bad stuff (homosexuality is wrong). Go to church etc.

Literalists: Believe every word. Rare in Britain, more in 'Bible-Belt America'. Are either Gullible or stupid

And I agree, I have my religion, they have theirs, leave it at that
That sucks!! We don't even do option blocks here for GCSE or A-Level to begin with, what happens is they see all applications and see how many students want to do what and what their combinations are; they then start trying to construct their timetables from there. I am for example now choosing to do
French
Spanish
History
Maths
GCSE Latin (gonna ask to drop Computing at interview)

and just because 3 people want to do French and Spanish the entire lower sixth is having it's lessons structured around those two lessons being compatible with each other, which I really love my MFL department for. Miss Lane and Miss Johnson I love you <3

As far as I've been told they literally just don't have the money to run a German class for like 2/3 people.

French only got 2 applications I hear :mmm:
Original post by Jina
That's amazing... However, i can't tell the difference between points 1 & 2...

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 is about how every single part fits together perfectly which is very difficult to achieve naturally 2 is more about how it's just so many components and the sheer complexity
Yh :wink: How are you ?

You know.. just surviving the times :smile:
Reply 7674
Reply 7675
1 is about how every single part fits together perfectly which is very difficult to achieve naturally 2 is more about how it's just so many components and the sheer complexity

Ooh... I get it! What are challenges to the design argument?
- watch is mechanical and Earth is organic so they can't be likened and compared?
- result of evolution, not a planning intelligence?
- wrong to talk about design because there is no fixed design - Universe is expanding. (This one is from textbook and sounds sooo poopy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7676
Original post by Jina
If any of you take drama, did you make the examiner laugh during the performance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to! Or make him or her cry! :ahee:

And about the drawings, my iPod has just died. :colonhash:

lool..what ? :tongue:
Anyone use text to twitter? If I have unlimited texts It shouldn't charge me but I want to make sure from someone who uses it
Reply 7679
Original post by Vionar
I want to! Or make him or her cry! :ahee:

And about the drawings, my iPod has just died. :colonhash:

Hahaha one group in my school made him laugh out loud! And he had to cover his mouth and go back to being neutral. Theirs was HILARIOUS though, i was laughing out loud when I watched it. I laugh just thinking about it... Like now. Let me know how you do!! :smile:

Darnnn... Tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest