The Student Room Group

Girls name 5 things you look for in a guy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
It's quite reassuring to know that girls are interested in a variety of characteristics, although it'd be stupid to say that physical appearance doesn't play a major part in attraction.
Reply 301
Loyalty and trustworthy
Can make you laugh
Thoughtful, as in birthday presents for example are really personal and sweet
Relatively well-spoken, chavvy accents are a major turn off
Height, but not essential, just something which would add to the attractiveness
Not sure about some of these answers.

Height isn't a characteristic, tall is a characteristic. You don't look for height in a man. You look for somebody is tall.

Other answers like 'good sense of humour' or 'well dressed' are completely subjective so doesn't really give any idea of what you look for.

I'm obviously only saying this because so many of you girls have been saying "I look for a man who is extremely pedantic."
Reply 303
Original post by Narcissist
Other answers like 'good sense of humour' or 'well dressed' are completely subjective so doesn't really give any idea of what you look for.

I think it's reasonable to assume the girls saying stuff like that mean 'a sense of humour I enjoy & share' / 'what I consider to be well dressed'...

We know what we like. Being more specific on here for things like what you consider to be a good sense of humour isn't actually that easy - you just meet somebody and you may or may not find them funny.
Original post by bloomblaze
the girls here (and everywhere are lying). They are stating personality qualities when in fact they go for physical attributes first eg height, good looks.

guys don't do this too?

doesn't everyone do this?

unless you met online, I think it would be pretty hard to ignore how someone looks on the outside

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dgeorge
I hope you're being sarcastic...

I know plenty of not so good looking guys that do well with women, and quite a few short guys too (and i'm short myself)

Im certainly not being sarcastic.
Original post by pinksugar
guys don't do this too?

doesn't everyone do this?

unless you met online, I think it would be pretty hard to ignore how someone looks on the outside

Posted from TSR Mobile

'lying' is the key word ie women say about personality when in reality they go for looks and would date an arrogant uninteresting guy because he looks good, happens all the time
Looks good (including dress sense)

Taller than me

Good sense of humour

Affectionate (As well as having a similar libido...)

Honest
Reply 308
Smiley
Nice hands (i.e. not disgusting nails, that creeps me out a bit)
I do have a weakeness for glasses but it's not essential :P
Well spoken
And this is just me but since I'm Christian, I'd be looking for someone who's also a Christian.
Reply 309
'lying' is the key word ie women say about personality when in reality they go for looks and would date an arrogant uninteresting guy because he looks good, happens all the time

Harsh truth unfortunately. :s-smilie:
Original post by Emre944
Harsh truth unfortunately. :s-smilie:

Exactly

They do say 'nice guys finish last'
Original post by Skye-Winter
Tall for me is anyone taller than me (so 5'7+)!

To me intelligence is someone who can spell, use grammar correctly and generally just excels further than your average Joe. (Goes to a good Uni, gets good grades and just knows his stuff)

I'm not too fussy, as long as dey dunt type lyk dis n stuff. #yolo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have none of these, always been an average student, never excelled academically (besides A-Levels), got horrible GCSES, but I'm an entrepreneur, a.k.a 'problem solver', a.k.a 'up my own arse' - is that good enough? :ahee: :ahee:
Exactly

They do say 'nice guys finish last'

A.K.A 'Physically unattractive guys finish last'

Same applies to girls though.

Would you date someone who looked like a hyena?

I wouldn't
the girls here (and everywhere are lying). They are stating personality qualities when in fact they go for physical attributes first eg height, good looks.

I mean plenty of the girls who list things like intelligence/good mmanners/optimism etc will probably end up going for some tall, fit, sport playing, good looking bloke who is arrogant and has the personality of a goldfish. This happens a lot.

Forgot to quote this..

They're not lying, 99% of the posters have said "height". This is practically the constant that they abide by.

That being said, I lost out on a girl by a guy who was half my size. :awesome:
Original post by Spontogical
A.K.A 'Physically unattractive guys finish last'

Same applies to girls though.

Would you date someone who looked like a hyena?

I wouldn't

Would you rather date someone who looked like a hyena or sounded like one? Think I'd rather someone who looked like a hyena :yep:
Original post by eliza.anne
Would you rather date someone who looked like a hyena or sounded like one? Think I'd rather someone who looked like a hyena :yep:

I'd go with sounds, so long as that's strictly in the bedroom... I like to hear noises, it's good for communication :lol:
1. Music taste
2. Great personality
3. Smile
4. Eyes and good hair
5. They smell good ;D

interesting.

that's not the case for all the girls I know in relationships. but maybe I'm just friends with nice people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 318
1. Good sense of humor
2. That they are intelligent, i dont want a dumb boy around me.
3. Sweet and lovely
4. They need to have a good moral
5. To be respectful not only with me but with everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danielnkwocha
I'd go with sounds, so long as that's strictly in the bedroom... I like to hear noises, it's good for communication :lol:

Nah, voice is quite important to me. I think a hyena in the bedroom would be quite off putting :lol: You could just paperbag her if it was just a hyena face :K: :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending