The Student Room Group

Central Saint Martins Foundation 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SallyCheung1
I've been accepted too! I'm going to be studying the fashion and textiles pathway. Is anyone else doing this pathway?

Also I think woodland court is my preferred accomodation as it is so close to the kings cross campus, but the reviews are awful! So now I'm confused, especially as housing applications open tomorrow eep! Anyone else in the same boat? Where have you all applied? :smile:

Hi SallyCheung1,

My name is Frankie, I work for UNITE - we manage Woodland Court.

If you have any questions or would like to book a viewing just let me know.

Thanks,
Frankie
Original post by ArtyGirl1607
Hi, Yes thanks that's really helpful! :smile: Although I would have thought sending them out in the summer is pretty late seeing as we're applying for accommodation now and the rent of each place is likely to influence our choices. Either way, sounds helpful I guess :smile: Do you know what else is in this info pack?
x

Yeah, the person on the phone just said that they send it out during the summer because they are still sorting out the applications and any changes that might be put in place and they base your monetary benefits on the weekly rent of your proposed accomodation, I assume this is what you will fill out on the application forms etc but no, Im not sure what else, probably just a welcome pack for all students starting in September :smile:

x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by UNITE Student Accommodation
Hi SallyCheung1,

My name is Frankie, I work for UNITE - we manage Woodland Court.

If you have any questions or would like to book a viewing just let me know.

Thanks,
Frankie

Hi - what your response be to the reviews posted here:http://www.reviewcentre.com/Student-Accommodation/Unite-Student-Living-Woodland-Court-London-reviews_1371245

The most recent review appears to be positive so has anything been done to improve the standards? Also will the near by building work be finished by this September.

Thank you
image.jpg
It's definitely moving :smile:
Reply 44
Ahh i'm so worried because i've not heard anything at all from CSM since the auto response to my acceptation on the course (fashion and styling).
I've applied to student halls without any problems so i'm presuming everything's okay?

Has anyone else not heard anything or should I contact them?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by williamd-r
Ahh i'm so worried because i've not heard anything at all from CSM since the auto response to my acceptation on the course (fashion and styling).
I've applied to student halls without any problems so i'm presuming everything's okay?

Has anyone else not heard anything or should I contact them?
Thank you :smile:

Same, I got accepted onto the fashion pathway too, I live in London as well and haven't received anything in the post? ;( kinda worried too
Reply 46
Original post by woohyunn
Same, I got accepted onto the fashion pathway too, I live in London as well and haven't received anything in the post? ;( kinda worried too

:frown: i think i might leave it till this friday and if i haven't heard anything i'll call them.
it's scary them not sending us anything at all!
i'm from the west midlands and if my confirmation has been ****ed up, then everything's pretty ****ed up :frown:
(IT WILL BE OKAY IT WILL!!!!)
Reply 47
:frown: i think i might leave it till this friday and if i haven't heard anything i'll call them.
i'm from the west midlands and if my confirmation has been ****ed up, then everything's pretty ****ed up :frown:

I wouldn't worry about it, as far as they're concerned there isn't much information they need to provide (except the start date of course). All I've received was the auto-confirmation and a letter in the post advertising the 2013 foundation show, I really wouldn't worry too much. Oh and I'm from the West Midlands too!
Reply 48
Original post by lucyemms
I wouldn't worry about it, as far as they're concerned there isn't much information they need to provide (except the start date of course). All I've received was the auto-confirmation and a letter in the post advertising the 2013 foundation show, I really wouldn't worry too much. Oh and I'm from the West Midlands too!

i didn't receive an invite to that though either, hmm!
confusing stuff!

and yey someone else going from the west midlands!!!!
Reply 49
i didn't receive an invite to that though either, hmm!
confusing stuff!

and yey someone else going from the west midlands!!!!

there a CSM2013/2014 Facebook group if you haven't joined in already :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/201216243347105/
Original post by Hello95
Hi - what your response be to the reviews posted here:http://www.reviewcentre.com/Student-Accommodation/Unite-Student-Living-Woodland-Court-London-reviews_1371245

The most recent review appears to be positive so has anything been done to improve the standards? Also will the near by building work be finished by this September.

Thank you

Hi Hello95,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes - there have been a lot of positive changes over the last few months, if you'd like to arrange a viewing to come and have a look round or if you'd like to speak to the team at Woodland I can put you in touch.

We are currently installing Wi-Fi so there is a bit of cabling work going on to install this which should be finished shortly.

Please let me know if you have any more questions

Thanks,
Frankie
Reply 51

I know right! I emailed them again just to confirm that they have received my acceptance, and CSM replied back saying they did! (took like a week to repl back) Which was a relief! You should email them too if ur unsure :biggrin: Dont worry it will be OK :] I think it's the fashion pathway student who hasnt received anything in the post, my friend got onto fashion pathway too and hasnt received a postcard about the 'new move' or the exhibition :frown: Dont know, maybe it's just me :/
Hi, I start foundation this sept. Got a leaflet through the post saying the course has moved to Kings Cross? Very confused as every openday said we would be the last year at back hill. I applied for Manna Ash as its close to back hill, but also woodland court and don gratton. Will Wyatt was really dissapointing when I looked atit so didn't put it down.

They did mention that if you are put into Manna Ash you may not be able to move in till the 7th sept because there are no rooms reserved for foundation students. Bit annoying considering the course starts on the 2nd. Don't know if this is entirley true though.
Reply 53
So, where is everyone's accomodation? I got Don Gratton, which I'm pleased enough with
same i got don gratton!
Reply 55
Original post by chloeamberlam
same i got don gratton!

Ah, exciting! I've done some research on the area and stuff, and to be honest, despite what i first thought, it looks good for nightlife and stuff, which I'm happy about. Can't wait :smile:
Anyone for manna ash?
Reply 57
Original post by laurennella
I have a place on the CSM Foundation for 2013/2014 but I live in London so will be living at home. I emailed them asking loads of questions and this was their reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We have approximately 5 applications to every place on the Foundation Diploma. In 2013/14 there will be around 650 students with approximately 25 starting out on the PDP curriculum area, although they will study alongside students on the Diagnostic route. The Foundation Diploma will be moving from the Back Hill site next year, and we will be communicating more detailed information on this in the coming weeks."

Really happy that it's moving to the King's Cross site.

Is anyone going to be on the Performance Design and Practice pathway?

:smile: Yeah!! I'm going to be on this pathway aswell :biggrin: are you excited for it? I went to the exhibition and i loved the post man style costume, the girl with the sack trousers, stamped style waist jacket and clock on the eyes :biggrin: It'll be nice to meet people before the course starts :smile:xx
Reply 58
hey I got offered a place on foundation at csm and at kingston. I like both so much but i cant choose one! Anyone been on the CSM foundation course know what its like? Did you enjoy it? how often did you see the tutors?
Reply 59
Hi all,
I found this thread and decided to help out seeing as I've literally just finished my foundation at CSM this year. I was living at Will Wyatt Court and am an international student. It was probably the best thing that happened - it's so close to cafes, supermarkets, a nice park and also shoreditch and brick lane are so close by! I'm actually bummed that I have to move out, it's not even that dodgy - it's on the edge of East London, most people will say that we're in North London actually. It's really awesome, and who ever is staying there next year I'm jealous! Don Gratton is nice too, really close to Brick Lane and the art shop Atlantis which will come in handy.
I'll be in woodland court next year as a BA student, (I enjoyed halls THAT much) and I went and checked it out yesterday - it seems beautifully done up - can't say much about it right now cause it was a quick tour, but it looks decent - more spacious than will wyatt or don gratton for sure.

As for the course, I was on the fashion pathway and it was a great year. We have mandatory class three times a week, but you're expected to work at home/come into school to use the workshops if needed on the other days. The first diagnostic-like part of the year is boring if you know what you want to do, but it gets interesting in November when you specialize. I specialized in Textiles. You get A LOT of time with the tutors if you want it, but I liked working independently so I only saw them when I had to or when I was stuck.
If you have any questions, let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest