The Student Room Group

london sixth form schools & colleges - the top 15 and worst 15??

hello pplz! it looks like there are no proper league tables for sixth form schools & colleges in london.
so i thought i should post this thread to find the top 15 and worst 15.

i live in the far north of the city, so im not sure about the sixth form schools and colleges towards the south of the city. this is what i think about the sixth form schools and colleges i currently know.

the top 15 should obviously have
-the highest percentages of AS & A2 students achieving grades A*-B
-rated outstanding by ofsted
-an awesome reputation

top 15 (please feel free to add more if you know)
-city and islington college (the one and only!)
-woodhouse college (also the one and only!)
-fortismere school sixth form
-st charles catholic college
-leyton college
-latymer school sixth form
-christ college finchley

worst 15 (please feel free to add more if you know)
-aylward academy sixth form
-sir george monoux college
-stoke newington school sixth form
-southgate college
-brooke house college (also known as bsix)
-haringey sixth form centre
-la swap sixth form
-clive bourne sixth form centre
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
City & Islington and Leytonbest? Lol

La Swap should be in worse so should the Clive Bourne sixth form and BSix
Reply 2
are you serious?? city and islington is one of london's number one colleges!

i will add la swap and clive bourne
Woodhouse is defo right up there. Latymer too.
Reply 4
Original post by James A
Woodhouse is defo right up there. Latymer too.

Did yu go to Woodhouse?
Original post by Jam'
Did yu go to Woodhouse?

No. My friends did.
Reply 6
Original post by James A
No. My friends did.

Ahh who??

What yr were they in?
Reply 7
I didn't like look of Woodhouse at the open day so I'm going to stay at my current sixth form. My brother went to latymer and said it was quite good, though he freaked out and only ended up with one a-level, but because he went to latymer he got into exeter uni :P
Original post by Jam'
Ahh who??

What yr were they in?

They left. They're in their first year of uni.
Reply 9
Original post by James A
They left. They're in their first year of uni.

That's the year I was in.

2010-2012
Reply 10
Original post by naseem hossen
hello pplz! it looks like there are no proper league tables for sixth form schools & colleges in london.
so i thought i should post this thread to find the top 15 and worst 15.

i live in the far north of the city, so im not sure about the sixth form schools and colleges towards the south of the city. this is what i think about the sixth form schools and colleges i currently know.

the top 15 should obviously have
-the highest percentages of AS & A2 students achieving grades A*-B
-rated outstanding by ofsted
-an awesome reputation

top 15 (please feel free to add more if you know)
-city and islington college (the one and only!)
-woodhouse college (also the one and only!)
-fortismere school sixth form
-st charles catholic college
-leyton college
-latymer school sixth form
-christ college finchley

worst 15 (please feel free to add more if you know)
-aylward academy sixth form
-sir george monoux college
-stoke newington school sixth form
-southgate college
-brooke house college (also known as bsix)
-haringey sixth form centre
-la swap sixth form
-clive bourne sixth form centre

People are so up in their arse about sixth form colleges. Who gives you the right to denounce a college because of its A*-B rate, your just very stuck up and inconsiderate, I go to the state school sixth form and although the teaching is beyond ****ing awful, alevels are about your personal effort, these schools just try to ensure people are on track and force them into work. Shame not all schools are like this but if you're really bored and sad to discuss the best/worst sixth form colleges when only really best/worst universities should be a matter of discussion is beyond me. Instead of making ****ty threads on tsr get back to work you scallywag.

PS: do you even English? its beyond me how you can get into good sixth form colleges yet not have basic grammar skills derived from GCSE English
(edited 10 years ago)
How on Earth is Leyton Sixth Form college among the best? Its results tend to be well below George Monoux, for goodness sake. Also, LSF students are absolute knobs. I used to live directly opposite the front gate to the college, and all their students did was spit on the floor, speed up and down school and residential areas in their ****ty cars and blare god-awful music for 24 hours a day.

George Monoux isn't that bad. It's rated Good by OFSTED and is probably middling, along with LSF. Neither deserve an honourable or dishonourable mention.

Walthamstow Academy do Level 3 courses, I think. That place is pretty abysmal and is on the verge of failing OFSTED most years, despite having all that Academy funding.
Reply 12
Original post by James A
No. My friends did.

Original post by Jam'
That's the year I was in.

2010-2012

Maybe I knew them as well hmmm I was 09-11 at woodhouse.

Also what is the OP thinking :s-smilie:
City and Islington loooool

La swap is a hard one, some students do really well, others do really bad.
St Georges is also good.

And how can you forget about Camden school for girls, Queen Elizabeth girls school, Queen Elizabeth's boys school, Henriette Banett...

Eventhough I went to Woodhouse, in Barnet its not the best is around 5/6 out of all of them.
Original post by Iqbal007

St Georges is also good.

And how can you forget about Camden school for girls, Queen Elizabeth girls school, Queen Elizabeth's boys school, Henriette Banett...

Eventhough I went to Woodhouse, in Barnet its not the best is around 5/6 out of all of them.

Yeah, a girl who was in my school in year 11 went to La Swap, failed miserably her first year, then re did the whole year at the school we were at in year 11. I heard about more similar cases too..
Reply 14
Original post by James A
Yeah, a girl who was in my school in year 11 went to La Swap, failed miserably her first year, then re did the whole year at the school we were at in year 11. I heard about more similar cases too..

Yeah, its due to the way things are, multiple different schools for classes, different groups of people.
It happens especially there.
Reply 15
Anyone knowing Dulwich College?
st olaves should be among the best, although its kinda in kent, it still counts as being in london right? unless we're only talking about inner city 6th forms and colleges
Reply 17
Original post by Iqbal007

St Georges is also good.

yeah there are deffo better ones than woodhouse
Reply 18
Original post by Jam'
yeah there are deffo better ones than woodhouse

But thats cos in Barnet every post 16 education seems to very very good in the area.
Reply 19
If you go to a school with a high pass rate with the expectation that you will also pass without putting in any effort, then you will fail.

Dame Alice Owen's school is good too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending