The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7840
Original post by Elm Tree
Elaborate.

You know those quotes that say, you never know what people are going through in life... A smile hides all the pain. There's a person in my class and ... She's going through hell. That sounds so cliché and no one believes me when I say that what she's going through is bad. Like you only have to look at her properly to know her sorrow, she hides behind silence.. when a year ago she was the happiest, bubbliest girl in the class. When I found out today, i looked at her and I just burst out cryig. What I'm saying is... We need to never take anything at face value. I remember myself looking at her this morning and thinking something was off... And someone said something and idk.. I didn't do anything. Then at lunch i talked to her... She just cried. No one else knows whats going on so they call her "slut" ... It stressed the importance of smiling for me and letting go of pride to be nice to someone. I don't know how to help her... She doesn't have anyone and when I told others to just be nice... Their response. I don't know how to feel anymore. Balh.. I'm not making sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7841
It also makes you question who your friends are... If they can't extend a bit of humanity to someone who's broken, regardless of her past,
Is that the type of person I want to stay friends with? I don't. Today's made me question things a lot. And appreciate other things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
You know those quotes that say, you never know what people are going through in life... A smile hides all the pain. There's a person in my class and ... She's going through hell. That sounds so cliché and no one believes me when I say that what she's going through is bad. Like you only have to look at her properly to know her sorrow, she hides behind silence.. when a year ago she was the happiest, bubbliest girl in the class. When I found out today, i looked at her and I just burst out cryig. What I'm saying is... We need to never take anything at face value. I remember myself looking at her this morning and thinking something was off... And someone said something and idk.. I didn't do anything. Then at lunch i talked to her... She just cried. No one else knows whats going on so they call her "slut" ... It stressed the importance of smiling for me and letting go of pride to be nice to someone. I don't know how to help her... She doesn't have anyone and when I told others to just be nice... Their response. I don't know how to feel anymore. Balh.. I'm not making sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I understand what you're talking about.. you're compassionate, Jina that's a rare quality in people :smile:

What exactly is she going through though? Do you know or just don't feel comfortable talking about it?
Original post by Princepieman
You... watch Naruto? Soooo mainstreeeem!

I jest, I watch it as well :teehee:

I'm not actually a huge anime fan, more of a casual fan I guess... I'll occasionally watch a series if someone recommends a good one. I'm not really too sure how I started following Naruto, they were showing some episodes on TV I think, and I just watched all the rest online because I was bored (this was during last year's summer holidays). Since I caught up with the series I figured I might as well dedicate 20 minutes a week just to keep up :lol:
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I double that humainty is at a loss.
I go the mosque every single day, usually the closet one but my fav is one called Green lane Mosque. I used to go there a lot as my fav teacher is there (google: Abu Usamah- Great Black american muslim convert/revert speaker). When I saw on the news 2 days ago that someone got murdered I was sad, but then I saw who it was :frown:, it was an old man which used to come to the mosque and I saw him A LOT. He had his seat in a place next to the window and had a red quran, anyways he was murdered for the night, I went to the close mosque so I was not there, and he was stabbed 3 times in the back.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/small-heath-murder-police-fear-1866269

above is an article, really loved him a lot, great old man, lively and nice, sad to have a death in that way :frown:.

The place that he used to sit, I can just imagine him there, may allah (god) give him a peaceful resting and forgive him of his sins, he was a true example of a figure one should emulate from this day.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
My phone is being a bitch.. -.- didn't catch it

Oh well, you can watch when you get home I guess :dontknow:
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really wish there were more people like you in this corrupted world...I know this is said many times but maybe you can advise her to go speak to someone? I can't agree with you more. With people who can't even be bothered to glance beneath the surface, I still wonder why 'people' even call it a civilised world.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7847
Original post by Elm Tree
Yeah, I understand what you're talking about.. you're compassionate, Jina that's a rare quality in people :smile:

What exactly is she going through though? Do you know or just don't feel comfortable talking about it?

I'm not compassionate. I feel responsible, like i should've noticed before. I made assumptions and its killing me inside to think about things. I should've told people before not to say things about her.. I was too wound up in my own worries. I can't articulate it... How she can go through it alll... How she even came to school this morning... I don't mind saying it but...
Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by justinawe
Oh well, you can watch when you get home I guess :dontknow:

I am home :teehee: the WiFi disconnected half way :dontknow:
I am home :teehee: the WiFi disconnected half way :dontknow:

Oh :mmm:
Reply 7850
Original post by JustaDreamer
I really wish there were more people like you in this corrupted world...I know this is said many times but maybe you can advise her to go speak to someone? I can't agree with you more. With people who can't even be bothered to glance beneath the surface, I still wonder why 'people' even call it a civilised world.

I did. I took her to a teacher. While she was talking she was emotionless. I sat there crying my eyes out....

Ahh... Guys. Smile more. Ive learnt that today. Who cares if that persons done the worst thing imaginable to you... You don't know whats going on in their lives. It could be the quiet one. Or the popular one. It could be anyone. Let go of pride and be true to yourselves. Uphold your morals even if those around you don't... You'll be the better person in the end.
Some people will never change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7851
help me guys

when do you cumulative frequency tables does the first column always have to be widths like

10-20
20-30
30-40
40-50 etc

or can it just be single numbers like this

its just that every example I've seen has the width one, thanks!
I'm not actually a huge anime fan, more of a casual fan I guess... I'll occasionally watch a series if someone recommends a good one. I'm not really too sure how I started following Naruto, they were showing some episodes on TV I think, and I just watched all the rest online because I was bored (this was during last year's summer holidays). Since I caught up with the series I figured I might as well dedicate 20 minutes a week just to keep up :lol:

Ah, I see, a "casual" watcher. Interesting... So, is Naruto the only thing you watch? I'm quite an avid watcher of anime but it's starting to wear off because of exams and I really need the concentration.
Original post by gomg
help me guys

when do you cumulative frequency tables does the first column always have to be widths like

10-20
20-30
30-40
40-50 etc

or can it just be single numbers like this

its just that every example I've seen has the width one, thanks!

Do a grouped cumulative frequency :smile: if it's continuous data
Reply 7854
Do a grouped cumulative frequency :smile: if it's continuous data

AHHHHHHh this statistics stressing me out i have forgotten everything to do with maths :frown: but i just remembered i can do it thx
Original post by Jina
I did. I took her to a teacher. While she was talking she was emotionless. I sat there crying my eyes out....

Ahh... Guys. Smile more. Ive learnt that today. Who cares if that persons done the worst thing imaginable to you... You don't know whats going on in their lives. It could be the quiet one. Or the popular one. It could be anyone. Let go of pride and be true to yourselves. Uphold your morals even if those around you don't... You'll be the better person in the end.
Some people will never change.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This for definite. Everything you've said is right in my opinion.
Original post by Princepieman
Ah, I see, a "casual" watcher. Interesting... So, is Naruto the only thing you watch? I'm quite an avid watcher of anime but it's starting to wear off because of exams and I really need the concentration.

Nah, I've watched a few others, but Naruto's the only one I've been keeping up with lately.

A few of my friends who are avid watchers of anime have been pestering me since last year to watch "Sword Art Online"... do you know if this is any good?
Nah, I've watched a few others, but Naruto's the only one I've been keeping up with lately.

A few of my friends who are avid watchers of anime have been pestering me since last year to watch "Sword Art Online"... do you know if this is any good?

Haven't come across it but I'll check it out after the exams.
Reply 7858
Original post by JustaDreamer
This for definite. Everything you've said is right in my opinion.

It's all good saying it... Putting it into practise is way harder. You lose friends over it, but were they even your friend in the first place? Idk... It's all ironically coming together at the end of year 11.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
It also makes you question who your friends are... If they can't extend a bit of humanity to someone who's broken, regardless of her past,
Is that the type of person I want to stay friends with? I don't. Today's made me question things a lot. And appreciate other things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: I know what you mean. The way people treat others is horrible even when they're completely innocent :| hope she cheers up :smile:

Latest